British Speedway Forum

On 11/1/2020 at 9:39 AM, Cliffeboy said:

Do you think the Rebels will go with BWD again. 

I'd really hope so. Gary May obviously wasn't too happy with BWD and criticised him in the 'announcement' that he wasn't coming back over here this year after being dropped in it so late in the day. Hopefully that will be forgotten about and BWD will sign again.

No animosity between Messrs May and Wilson Dean.

In fact Garry advised Bradley to take a break and get surgery.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sugarray said:

No animosity between Messrs May and Wilson Dean.

In fact Garry advised Bradley to take a break and get surgery.

That’s good to hear - here’s hoping BWD is back in the team come next season.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2020 at 6:40 PM, Cliffeboy said:

Is it nailed on that Rory will return. If not maybe Becker and BWD.

Rory confirmed he was riding on for another year, so I’d almost be certain that he’s in the team again.

• Like 2

Luke Becker has just signed for Łódź in the Polish Second Division - That’ll pretty much rule him out of any Championship side!

• Like 2

Anders Rowe has signed on for Rawicz on loan from Leszno again for 2021 in the Polish Division 2

• Like 2

On 11/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, Najjer said:

Luke Becker has just signed for Łódź in the Polish Second Division - That’ll pretty much rule him out of any Championship side!

That’s a shame I’d personally prefer Becker over BWD. Becker is improving year on year I think Bradley has found his level and will struggle to achieve his average.

On 11/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, Najjer said:

Why?   Berwick have Jye Etheridge signing for Wittstock and Leon Flint for Rybnik.    Both will continue to race CL for the Bandits.

12 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Why?   Berwick have Jye Etheridge signing for Wittstock and Leon Flint for Rybnik.    Both will continue to race CL for the Bandits.

The difference being that Etheridge and Flint are likely to be squad members, where Becker will be first teamer it is expected on a regular basis. That would result in him potentially missing a host of Friday, Saturday and Sunday away league meetings. If I was the Somerset boss, I wouldn’t be prepared to let that happen personally and would look at replacing him. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Najjer said:

The difference being that Etheridge and Flint are likely to be squad members, where Becker will be first teamer it is expected on a regular basis. That would result in him potentially missing a host of Friday, Saturday and Sunday away league meetings. If I was the Somerset boss, I wouldn’t be prepared to let that happen personally and would look at replacing him. 

Oooooh, I think we're all quite relieved -- on so many levels -- that you aren't the Somerset boss............

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Oooooh, I think we're all quite relieved -- on so many levels -- that you aren't the Somerset boss............

Why would you be relieved? :blink:

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Me too - I haven’t got deep enough pockets!

To add even more weight to my previous remark about Luke Becker and Poland, it now looks like Somerset want to return to their Friday night race night as oppose to Wednesdays - that doesn’t surprise me either.

• Confused 2