British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I dont think the beautiful new stand is considered a fixed building/structure. From what I saw and heard, the promotion built it as a kit. So it would qualify as a temporary structure.   

Correct 

33 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I dont think the beautiful new stand is considered a fixed building/structure. From what I saw and heard, the promotion built it as a kit. So it would qualify as a temporary structure.   

Indeed, I live not far from Goodwood car circuit and they aren't allowed a permanent structure, other than the listed ones that have been there for decades, but put up ( and take down) a fair number of large temporary stands every year.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2020 at 9:17 PM, westlakejawa said:

So Henry Atkins returning next season,so is it all change??

Must be some changes as Henry has signed for Somerset .

I haven't looked in on here for a while now but I find some of the post on this thread, in particular the last few pages, are nothing more than speculative & presumptuous. I also know for a fact that those post are totally inaccurate to say the least. Obviously Lockdown is affecting some people more than others ;)

So let's put a few FACTS on the table...............

1. The 2021 One to Seven is exactly the same as the 2020 One to Seven, so NO CHANGES there.

2. Henry Atkins is a Club asset but has NOT signed for the Rebels 2021 line up (See Number 1 for clarification)

3. Race nights are NOT changing from Wednesday. If you read the previous planning application, which is referenced in this latest one, you'll find that the wording is exactly the same as that one (From Pete Toogood's time as promoter), I'm led to believe that as long as the club doesn't exceed the 30 race day restriction, the wording of the application is not relevant to the actual race night, as the club can use any night as an alternative from Wednesday, subject to the 30 day rule. The Oaktree needs to use Friday nights for functions to offset the economic problems most businesses have suffered this year, so the last thing they would want is to use up a night that put's the hospitality side of the Oaktree business back on an even keel.

To finish off, just a personal observation from the last few pages, this is a Somerset thread but it appears to have been transported to Plymouth for some reason, although I shouldn't be surprised with Lewy throwing in his two-penneth worth all over the place :rolleyes: .

Edited by womble53
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, womble53 said:

I haven't looked in on here for a while now but I find some of the post on this thread, in particular the last few pages, are nothing more than speculative & presumptuous. I also know for a fact that those post are totally inaccurate to say the least. Obviously Lockdown is affecting some people more than others ;)

1. The 2021 One to Seven is exactly the same as the 2020 One to Seven, so NO CHANGES there.

2. Henry Atkins is a Club asset but has NOT signed for the Rebels 2021 line up (See Number 1 for clarification)

3. Race nights are NOT changing from Wednesday. If you read the previous planning application, which is referenced in this latest one, you'll find that the wording is exactly the same as that one (From Pete Toogood's time as promoter), I'm led to believe that as long as the club doesn't exceed the 30 race day restriction, the wording of the application is not relevant to the actual race night, as the club can use any night as an alternative from Wednesday, subject to the 30 day rule. The Oaktree needs to use Friday nights for functions to offset the economic problems most businesses have suffered this year, so the last thing they would want is to use up a night that put's the hospitality side of the Oaktree business back on an even keel.

To finish off, just a personal observation from the last few pages, this is a Somerset thread but it appears to have been transported to Plymouth for some reason, although I shouldn't be surprised with Lewy throwing in his two-penneth worth all over the place :rolleyes: .

Its a forum so the idea is to discuss and have opinions we will wait and see on the Henry atkins situation and see who's two penneth is correct, you can get back in your box now!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, womble53 said:

So what is the new planning applications (that’s in the local domain) actual purpose? Especially considering it is actually worded incorrectly according to you to say that the main racenight will actually be Friday with Wednesdays used as an alternative. That just seems a little backwards to me to apply for something they can already do, yet not alter the wording? Im not sure when the new Oak Tree business park is due for completion but you’d anticipate that would bring in a nice income. 

No idea on the Henry Atkins front and where that rumour has come from, but it’s been posted by two separate people now so there must be some legs in it somewhere. Either way, Atkins or not I’m very surprised that the team hasn’t/isn’t changing. Will take your word on that also until we see that actually officially confirmed. 

All speculation as you say... but isn’t that what a forum is for to discuss??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Najjer said:

So what is the new planning applications (that’s in the local domain) actual purpose? Especially considering it is actually worded incorrectly according to you to say that the main racenight will actually be Friday with Wednesdays used as an alternative. That just seems a little backwards to me to apply for something they can already do, yet not alter the wording? Im not sure when the new Oak Tree business park is due for completion but you’d anticipate that would bring in a nice income.

It's just a renewal of the existing planning application, as referred to in the notice, with the wording that has not been changed since the Pete Toogood era but the regular & alternate race nights have been changed and already been agreed with the council over the subsequent years, without the necessity of rewording the application, with the proviso that the club doesn't exceed the 30 race night rule.

No idea on the Henry Atkins front and where that rumour has come from, but it’s been posted by two separate people now so there must be some legs in it somewhere. Either way, Atkins or not I’m very surprised that the team hasn’t/isn’t changing. Will take your word on that also until we see that actually officially confirmed. 

How long have you known me now? I did use the word FACTS & I'm not in the habit of making them up, when I have them, as you would know 

All speculation as you say... but isn’t that what a forum is for to discuss??

Agreed but sometimes the speculation is mischievous :rolleyes:

Edited by womble53
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 4:30 PM, lewy said:

Its a forum so the idea is to discuss and have opinions we will wait and see on the Henry atkins situation and see who's two penneth is correct, you can get back in your box now!

So opinions are more valid than the truth?

I also know my two-penneth is safe Lewy and my box is very warm and cosy, thank you ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bringbackHalifax said:

He is wrong

your 1 to 7 will change

April 21 will prove it but sure announcement will be made prior to then.

I think it might but Garry is a believer in keep same 7 if poss.

1 hour ago, sugarray said:

Everyone will want to keep the same 7 if poss. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

He is wrong

your 1 to 7 will change

April 21 will prove it but sure announcement will be made prior to then.

So is it fact, speculation, rumour or happening?

:)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sugarray said:

I thought Womble53's opinion was fact lol he has wrote in red so that proves it.

• Haha 1