British Speedway Forum

23 minutes ago, eric i said:

Does putting their license on hold mean they can't hold individual meetings?

To be honest why wouldn't get?

Would definitely be a financial loss.

18 hours ago, Marksman said:

Sad news if Somerset don't reappear in 2022, I hope they will in some form.

Starting the Cardiff weekend off at Somerset on the Friday, was one of the true highlights of the season, seeing those grass banks full of different team colours defined the sport as I new it growing up.

Do you think Cardiff 2021 will go ahead? 

• Like 1

If a club like Somerset who are a well run club with all their own facilities in place cannot make a go of it, I fear for speedway in general in this country. Maybe next season the Rebels can start afresh in the National league, see how it goes. 

1 minute ago, Cliffeboy said:

If a club like Somerset who are a well run club with all their own facilities in place cannot make a go of it, I fear for speedway in general in this country. Maybe next season the Rebels can start afresh in the National league, see how it goes. 

Alot of small industrial estates around the Oaktree arena,the land would be worth a small fortune with planning permission for similar maybe time to cash in?

29 minutes ago, lewy said:

Alot of small industrial estates around the Oaktree arena,the land would be worth a small fortune with planning permission for similar maybe time to cash in?

No need to sell - there are several industrial units that exist currently on the land and work is well underway adding several more in what used to be the usual speedway and more so for the Pairs the ‘over flow’ car park. All the new road infrastructure has been built in recent months and already in place for that too and signs up advertising about purchasing the new units.

Edit: There is supposed to be even a coffee drive-thru being added!

Edited by Najjer

4 minutes ago, Najjer said:

No need to sell - there are several industrial units that exist currently on the land and work is well underway adding several more in what used to be the usual speedway and more so for the Pairs the ‘over flow’ car park. All the new road infrastructure has been built in recent months and already in place for that too and signs up advertising about purchasing the new units.

Didn't know that haven't been to the Oaktree since 2018 pairs,hopefully the Rebels will return in 2022 then. 

pretty sure they make a lot of income through hiring out hospitality facilities to cover any major loses  and with nothing coming in could maybe lose it all nobody knows how long the hospitality will take to get back up and running 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Osirian08 said:

Really hope this isn't the end for Somerset, but the final wording on that announcement sounded like a goodbye.

Don't jump to conclusions, i understand the last sentance doesn't sound good, but wait untill 2022 and see what happens.
With the roll out of the Vaccine things might look a little brighter in 2022.
Sadly many tracks are going to be in the same boat.

On 1/15/2021 at 8:54 AM, 1 valve said:

Do you think Cardiff 2021 will go ahead? 

? i would say.  posibly behind closed doors

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Don't jump to conclusions, i understand the last sentance doesn't sound good, but wait untill 2022 and see what happens.
With the roll out of the Vaccine things might look a little brighter in 2022.
Sadly many tracks are going to be in the same boat.

Or wait for owner to pick the dummy up after not getting her own way :o

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

? i would say.  posibly behind closed doors

I asked because mot probably the stadium will still be a Nightingale Hospital.

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

I think it has already been decommissioned and Spring rugby internationals are planned to take place. (Alternative arrangements for a Nightingale's having been made)

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

Nightingale hospital now elsewhere, rugby due to be played in stadium February/march, probably without a crowd, can't see the speedway going ahead without a crowd, and IMO can't see a crowd to make it viable being allowed even in August

11 hours ago, Neila said:

Nightingale hospital now elsewhere, rugby due to be played in stadium February/march, probably without a crowd, can't see the speedway going ahead without a crowd, and IMO can't see a crowd to make it viable being allowed even in August

In all honesty there is zero point having a GP in Cardiff if no crowd is permitted . 

• Like 3