British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, lewy said:

The track is the most important for holding a gp and the national stadium is head and shoulders above scunthorpe plus if it were only the track there is a number of tracks on a par with scunthorpe if not better,the point being made is the obvious bias towards scunthorpe by people in positions of influence "all in the best interests of speedway/scunthorpe " of course!

Countered by your bias against them. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no great fan of Mr Godfrey or his club but you really should rein it in a little. There are very few better tracks than Scunny on a good day although as you say any international fixture should automatically be at the NSS as it’s the best we have by some distance. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Countered by your bias against them. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no great fan of Mr Godfrey or his club but you really should rein it in a little. There are very few better tracks than Scunny on a good day although as you say any international fixture should automatically be at the NSS as it’s the best we have by some distance. 

It would be bias if so many people didn't agree with me,!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lewy said:

It would be bias if so many people didn't agree with me,!

What makes you think that Mr Godfrey or indeed any of the BSP Ltd directors have any influence on the British GP.? Its not their event!!

• Like 4

Anyway moving forward hopefully the management committee have come up with a good way forward which will be to the benefit of british speedway both the riders and fans that's something we all can agree on,I do personally remain hopeful so let's see what they've come up with. 

23 hours ago, Najjer said:

The land that is currently being developed is alongside but not including the current speedway car park and track - This land is what used to be the overflow car park that was used for league meetings and usually full for the Pairs.

Edited: Spelling

Where will people park for big meetings like the pairs?

7 minutes ago, eric i said:

Where will people park for big meetings like the pairs?

sadly it might be somewhere in Leicester or Scunthorpe

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Lefty said:

Scunthorpe? :rolleyes:

I expected that from lewy or HGould. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HGould said:

sadly it might be somewhere in Leicester or Scunthorpe

scunthorpe , thats a bit swish for a speedway meeting .

5 hours ago, lewy said:

Just seen the press release, looks promising at first glance. 

In fairness I think it's rubbish no protection for youth no age limits set. Seems that they wrote the rules so teams could keep the same 7 as 2020 if they could or wanted too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

In fairness I think it's rubbish no protection for youth no age limits set. Seems that they wrote the rules so teams could keep the same 7 as 2020 if they could or wanted too

Seems a bit vague agreed,need to make the lists of riders available in the new grading system and what grade they are but definitely has enabled certain teams keep the same riders

• Like 1

Vague is the understatement of the century. I take grading as averages so a 30 year old with a 3.99 average can still ride at reserve how is this beneficial to youth.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Vague is the understatement of the century. I take grading as averages so a 30 year old with a 3.99 average can still ride at reserve how is this beneficial to youth.

It could and would be stopped when the team change is first submitted to BSPL office. Better to have set age like 21, but as pointed out on the Newcastle thread, you could still accommodate a rider starting late in life, but certainly NOT 30 year old. 

13 hours ago, Tsunami said:

It could and would be stopped when the team change is first submitted to BSPL office. Better to have set age like 21, but as pointed out on the Newcastle thread, you could still accommodate a rider starting late in life, but certainly NOT 30 year old. 

Personally ive never really liked the age boundaries and in the modern era find it harder and harder to get away with. However there could be an experience restriction in place as an exemption e.g under 23 or no more than 3 years NL experience for those who start later and set the scene alight. 

16 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Par for the course from BSPA.Vague.

• Like 1