British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Personally ive never really liked the age boundaries and in the modern era find it harder and harder to get away with. However there could be an experience restriction in place as an exemption e.g under 23 or no more than 3 years NL experience for those who start later and set the scene alight. 

Agreed it needs an age limit, with the proviso to catch the good older new riders. 

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Par for the course from BSPA.Vague.

The BSPA oversaw the 'Old Hands' criteria for many years without problems. Wayne Broadhurst was always the target for a good rider replacement, especially at reserve, but the new rule of "no more than 150 appearances" solved that problem. I remember that rule because of scull duggery by Ian Thomas, a nice story I might put on here someday. 

10 hours ago, Tsunami said:

The BSPA oversaw the 'Old Hands' criteria for many years without problems. Wayne Broadhurst was always the target for a good rider replacement, especially at reserve, but the new rule of "no more than 150 appearances" solved that problem. I remember that rule because of scull duggery by Ian Thomas, a nice story I might put on here someday. 

go on then , put it on the forum ,

Although you didn’t turn a wheel for us, good luck Ben Barker at Newcastle this year.

• Like 2

West Country speedway fans 2021 season: With no Speedway @ Somerset or Swindon & yet to see any sign of an agreement with the landlords for Poole to run. Could be  a lot of traveling or no speedway for many of us in 2021. 

If the GP does fun @ Cardiff in 2021 will the BSPL run a meeting @ the Oak Tree on the Friday night?

11 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

If the GP does fun @ Cardiff in 2021 will the BSPL run a meeting @ the Oak Tree on the Friday night?

They damn well should do.... providing it's okay with Scunny as they have the Friday franchise. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

West Country speedway fans 2021 season: With no Speedway @ Somerset or Swindon & yet to see any sign of an agreement with the landlords for Poole to run. Could be  a lot of traveling or no speedway for many of us in 2021. 

I don't think there would be any chance of that. 

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

They damn well should do.... providing it's okay with Scunny as they have the Friday franchise. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thought Edinburgh, as the senior club, had first dabs on Friday nights?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

But Scunny have the overrule button.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Yep and it's brilliant. I do wonder though why other club owners don't vote for change if there unhappy or is it just whining fans :t:

• Like 2

Listened to the radio link shared on Facebook earlier on that included a short interview with Garry May. The two main snippets to take from the interview was that he was determined and adamant that Somerset will be back. He also seemed very positive about Somerset still hosting the pairs this year if they’re allowed to do so and offered the chance. Great news on both fronts.

• Like 5

On 2/26/2021 at 9:24 PM, Najjer said:

Listened to the radio link shared on Facebook earlier on that included a short interview with Garry May. The two main snippets to take from the interview was that he was determined and adamant that Somerset will be back. He also seemed very positive about Somerset still hosting the pairs this year if they’re allowed to do so and offered the chance. Great news on both fronts.

That would be brilliant, if allowed I’d be there like a shot.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 12:50 PM, Lefty said:

On 1/23/2021 at 2:22 PM, scunny1 said:

On 1/23/2021 at 2:34 PM, tyretrax said:

On 1/23/2021 at 3:03 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Yep and it's brilliant. I do wonder though why other club owners don't vote for change if there unhappy or is it just whining fans :t:

You don't get a vote in an Autocracy...

Whether its moaning promoters; riders or fans; its becoming a case of "do as I say not as I do" unfortunately...

However has that not always been the case...

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

Anyone think Somerset may have pulled the trigger too early on this season? Was it a deadline set by the BSPA? 

50 minutes ago, MrBeanti said:

Anyone think Somerset may have pulled the trigger too early on this season? Was it a deadline set by the BSPA? 

Maybe  but many Chuck their dummies out the pram only to regret it And then ask for it back sooner or later

• Like 1
  • Confused 2