British Speedway Forum

51 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Gee it is their business and until they decide what is going to happen next year they do not have to say anything.

Did they sell season tickets for 2020? If so I would think these people would be entitled to an explanation.

Yes the fans have paid for entertainment but don't own the club

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Then a simple statement saying that the speedway is unaffected and we hope to be back in 2022 would suffice.

These people are custodians of a sports club, the fans who've paid their hard earned at the Somerset turnstiles should be told the position 

4 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Or at the very least some further investigative reporting by the Speedway Star to find the answers that their readership want to hear???

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

The facts were well set out by the Star. Seems Hancocks are not talking to media. ..

I can just imagine the process...

Speedway Star Reporter:  Hello Mr Hancock, can I ask you some questions please?

Bill Hancock: No.

Speedway Star Reporter: Oh, OK then...Bye.

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

Gee it is their business and until they decide what is going to happen next year they do not have to say anything.

And that’s why speedway is on its arse

• Like 2

In fairness, I don’t read the speedway star so don’t know what was included in the previous article but the Hancock’s have said in the local press at least twice this year and Garry May on the radio that speedway is uneffected next year and will be back - whether you think that is likely to happen and believe that is entirely upto your own opinion.

From the outside looking in, the selling of the clubhouse can only be bad news from a speedway point of view as we’ve been told for a long time this has helped subsidise the speedway club. It’s a business at the end of the year so the owners have to make the best decision for what they believe is best for them.

10 hours ago, uk_martin said:

I can just imagine the process...

Speedway Star Reporter:  Hello Mr Hancock, can I ask you some questions please?

Bill Hancock: No.

Speedway Star Reporter: Oh, OK then...Bye.

Unlikely the reporter, a professional trained journalist, would give up so easily. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

In fairness, I don’t read the speedway star so don’t know what was included in the previous article but the Hancock’s have said in the local press at least twice this year and Garry May on the radio that speedway is uneffected next year and will be back - whether you think that is likely to happen and believe that is entirely upto your own opinion.

From the outside looking in, the selling of the clubhouse can only be bad news from a speedway point of view as we’ve been told for a long time this has helped subsidise the speedway club. It’s a business at the end of the year so the owners have to make the best decision for what they believe is best for them.

If the speedway is unaffected next year, could there be a possibility of outside caterers(burger vans) being brought in to subsidise the club & if the clubhouse is used then the new owners receive that revenue.

8 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Unlikely the reporter, a professional trained journalist, would give up so easily. 

Speedway Star reporters aren't there to investigate though are they? They just copy and paste the press releases that the BSPZzz and the club press officers hand out to them. Rocking the boat would be more than their jobs are worth.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

If the speedway is unaffected next year, could there be a possibility of outside caterers(burger vans) being brought in to subsidise the club & if the clubhouse is used then the new owners receive that revenue.

i'm sure it said the new owners of the clubhouse were in a completely different business and wouldn't be running  it as a hospitality venue.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 5:35 PM, sugarray said:

Maybe just maybe they feel that someone they thought was a friend has done a hatchet job on them.

I wouldn't have been impressed. 

Look's like you know a lot more than you're willing to say.

Personally the longer we hear nothing the more I feel we may have seen the last of the Rebels which would be another nail in U.K. speedway's coffin.

• Like 4

I know someone was looking at Avonmouth a while back - i assume nothing came of it. Shame because there's no housing, its all industrial. I believe they even placated the RSPB

18 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I know someone was looking at Avonmouth a while back - i assume nothing came of it. Shame because there's no housing, its all industrial. I believe they even placated the RSPB

There's housing in the part of Avonmouth that I live in ! I know what you mean though, there is plenty of room around the Avonmouth to Severn Beach area and what I believe to be suitable sites on land between the M5 and M49 motorways.

• Like 2

Just a thought are the Rebels supporters or Di from the track shop organising a coach or mini bus to Plymouths home meetings this year. With no speedway @ the OTA it would keep the Rebels hardcore united & the club alive?  I'm sure Mark 'the undertaker' Phillips would do his upmost to accommodate.

I believe the location previously under consideration is  where those giant windmills are now.

• Like 1