British Speedway Forum

18 hours ago, SpeedwayPortal said:

Is there any plans to show the second leg too?

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 5:35 PM, EnglishRoundabout said:

Exactly right. I remember a quote from Mads Kornelieussen when the two rode together at KingsLynn some years ago.  He said that he not only had to watch out for the opposition at the race for the first bend, but also for his partner Olly Allen!! Says it all really!

Anybody remember when Olly was a country mile in front during one meeting, and then he unexpectedly pulled up on the third and fourth bend....he claimed he saw a red light, but it was obviously someone with a flash camera.  He was absolutely furious...from where I stood I could actually hear Olly screaming in frustration as he coasted around the track   

Obviously, the person with the camera returned for the Sheffield meeting & caught out King in heat 5. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Obviously, the person with the camera returned for the Sheffield meeting & caught out King in heat 5. :rolleyes:

There was definitely an issue that particular season. It happened on at least three or four occasions. Mind you, I’m sure it’s not unique to Somerset. 

• Like 1

On the exmouth journal I see u have signed a 16 year old eli meadows one for the future?

On 4/21/2020 at 2:37 PM, EnglishRoundabout said:

What I would say  about Ben Barker, and I’m sure there are plenty of Plymouth fans that would back me up on this, is that he is one of the sports best team riders. His team riding especially at Plymouth was outstanding when he rode there 5 years or so ago. Sadly that art has become almost redundant these days  

Barker absolutely loves being the pantomime villain and I reckon that helps fire him up even more. But like you guys have said, he puts everything into every race. 

Has had two spells as a witch and on the track was absolutely brilliant especially his passing and team riding. 
But other off track issues hold him back. I feel if you could do a deal where the club provides the bikes and a mechanic who cleans and maintains them with Ben just turning up and riding them before returning home with the bikes going in the opposite direction with the mechanic. 
then I think you would see a even better version and if he could lose a stone or two then he would really benefit imo. 

• Like 5

On 4/23/2020 at 12:50 PM, EnglishRoundabout said:

There was definitely an issue that particular season. It happened on at least three or four occasions. Mind you, I’m sure it’s not unique to Somerset. 

I sure it was the twinkle in your eyes ER 

Hope your keeping well 

17 hours ago, idh said:

I sure it was the twinkle in your eyes ER 

Hope your keeping well 

Hello Idh! At least we know it wasn’t you flashing your camera on the back straight there! 

Hope you are keeping well during these difficult times mate. 

20 hours ago, SpeedwayPortal said:

On Tuesday 12th May!!

On 4/20/2020 at 5:35 PM, EnglishRoundabout said:

Exactly right. I remember a quote from Mads Kornelieussen when the two rode together at KingsLynn some years ago.  He said that he not only had to watch out for the opposition at the race for the first bend, but also for his partner Olly Allen!! Says it all really!

They had words more than once in the Lynn pits that season (2011) after one of their heats :D

It was said at the time that part of the reason was that Olly’s shoulder(s) was knackered and he physically couldn’t turn sharply especially with Lynn's grippy surface, hence having to run so wide, no idea how true that was though. 

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

They had words more than once in the Lynn pits that season (2011) after one of their heats :D

It was said at the time that part of the reason was that Olly’s shoulder(s) was knackered and he physically couldn’t turn sharply especially with Lynn's grippy surface, hence having to run so wide, no idea how true that was though. 

How in general did they ride together Bagpuss? I recall they spent quite a chunk of that season riding as partners at three and four in the Lynn side. 

They were pretty successful from memory, particularly at home. We got to the Play Offs against all expectations and they were the engine room which says quite a lot.