British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Gary Guglielmi interview in Backtrack issue 94

I realise I'm biased as a contributer to the mag, but what a compelling and candid interview with Gary Guglielmi in the latest Backtrack.

Read it tonight - he was completely and open honest about matters when Tony McDonald interviewed him.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

I realise I'm biased as a contributer to the mag, but what a compelling and candid interview with Gary Guglielmi in the latest Backtrack.

Read it tonight - he was completely and open honest about matters when Tony McDonald interviewed him.

Yes I read it when I received my copy...interesting to say the least!

22 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Can one purchase it online?  I can only see subscriptions

It's subscription only - announcement here: http://retro-speedway.com/news.php?extend.93

Sadly, the current state of British Speedway and catastrophic closure of tracks such as Coventry has even had an affect on the retro magazines.

I always read Backtrack cover-to-cover (well, apart from the pieces I've contributed - no need to read those!), and I would suggest the £25 subscription price is well worth it.

In particular, you don't want to miss the Guglielmi interview, which is candid, revealing and very sad in places.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

I used to subscribe to Backtrack;  I have always subscribed to Classic, and Vintage before that

I’m afraid funds no longer allow both, and I prefer the older magazine

I was hoping to purchase this edition, with postage costs, as a one-off

4 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Announcement here: http://retro-speedway.com/news.php?extend.93

Sadly, the current state of British Speedway and catastrophic closure of tracks such as Coventry has even had an affect on the retro magazines.

I always read Backtrack cover-to-cover (well, apart from the pieces I've contributed - no need to read those!), and I would suggest the £25 subscription price is well worth it.

In particular, you don't want to miss the Guglielmi interview, which is candid, revealing and very sad in places.

Still offers good value in my view...I shall continue to support both "Retro" magazines.

Edited by steve roberts

I subscribed last night for the year and clicked on issue 94 to take me to the payment page but it looks like the magazine is in batches with latest starting at 92. Anyone know if my subscription will start at 94 or 92

7 minutes ago, bruno said:

I subscribed last night for the year and clicked on issue 94 to take me to the payment page but it looks like the magazine is in batches with latest starting at 92. Anyone know if my subscription will start at 94 or 92 

Have passed on that question for you - will let you know the reply.

• Like 1

Thanks, no big deal one way or the other really just thought I'd ask. Wanted issue 94 for the Gary Guglielmi interview and the golden ommer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruno said:

Thanks, no big deal one way or the other really just thought I'd ask. Wanted issue 94 for the Gary Guglielmi interview and the golden ommer

Issue 95 will have something of interest for the Cradley Heath fans as well - working on it at the moment and all will be revealed soon!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bruno said:

Got an answer: all new subscriptions start from the latest issue, so if you've  just taken out a sub, it will start from Issue No 94.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 8:21 PM, lucifer sam said:

I'm not sure if looking forward to reading it is the right description, bearing in mind I was a big fan of Billy Sanders.  Obviously since then I've learned a lot more about life etc, and Gary is as entitled to say his piece as any other ex rider who broke the law/rules, it'll certainly be an interesting read anyway. 

• Like 2

I'd love to read the GG interview, but sadly my copy has yet to make it's way to deepest Ulster. Anyone know when the subscription copies were sent out?