Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

If we sign Ricky Wells, I won't be attending. 

Didn't someone say covatti is not riding in the UK next season?

Better change your name then.:):cheers:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I think only covatti and maybe Worrall have a chance of coming back. (I think riders might be giving the Lions a thanks but no thanks after not being paid). 

Wonder if Perks would be interested is our asset after all. Could see Starke being pulled into the fold. THJ would be an intriguing one if he rode like he did against the witches could be a big time scorer but a bit of a risk. Would want to see him have some good equipment. 

I wonder if a 4 point rider from abroad could be brought in. 

Nico said he was thinking of after out of UK.

6 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Nico said he was thinking of after out of UK.

he doesn't ride in any other country bar Italy so want to know his plan. 

20 hours ago, Paulco said:

Aye it's not quite as north as those other tracks 

If only we were still called Middlesbrough :rolleyes:

FFS. I'd started enjoying Championship Speedway. Now I've got to put up with that bunch of glory hunting southern clueless £&#+ers invading every thread again.

I really hope Poole stay in a different division to Birmingham.

No, I don't enjoy watching weekly Speedway at Monmore, even if Wolves are in a different division to Poole & their heard of annoying keyboard warriors, don't feel the need to invade every forum thread. 

Edited by Col

5 hours ago, Shadders said:

First speedway meeting I ever attended.

Rye House Rockets 38

Poole Wildcats 40

September 1985 

Names I remember from that side. Steve Schofield, David Biles, Stan Bear, Kevin Smith. I think it was either Poole or Ellesmere Port who won the National League that year 

We helped Ellesmere Port's cause by beating Middlesborough in an early November meeting at Blantyre 2 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 9:16 PM, Paulco said:

And Plymouth reportedly joining us again too , plenty of south coast derbies for the Pirates too . While I'm not entirely convinced this will actually happen , the more teams in our league , the better . But where does this leave the Buster Bundisliga ? 

But where does this leave the Buster Bundisliga ? 

Think that gets the message over! 

Edited by Chris116

22 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

No reason why not on current rules = 6.94.:party:  Except that his Danish commitments might interfere?!

I'm sure the rule states any rider that didn't begin 2019 in a championship side had to use their converted premiership average. Redcar did with Riss and Edinburgh did with Masters

33 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I'm sure the rule states any rider that didn't begin 2019 in a championship side had to use their converted premiership average. Redcar did with Riss and Edinburgh did with Masters

That’s correct  (although there’s no guarantee the rule will be the same in 2020). Don’t forget the conversion factor is 1.6 next season which would give Klindt a CL average of 11.89......

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Paulco said:

We helped Ellesmere Port's cause by beating Middlesborough in an early November meeting at Blantyre 2 

I remember that night well,I was there  and had a chat with the Late Great Jimmy Tannock .Im sure his stories are legendary.:t:

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Klindt has already ruled out riding in the Championship anyway so it’s all irrelevant. 

He has indeed. Huge loss and a reason I hope we stay in the top flight

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

That’s correct  (although there’s no guarantee the rule will be the same in 2020). Don’t forget the conversion factor is 1.6 next season which would give Klindt a CL average of 11.89......

And a lot will depend on what team building average is set. Personally i think 42.50 is a decent start

23 hours ago, Shadders said:

First speedway meeting I ever attended.

Rye House Rockets 38

Poole Wildcats 40

September 1985 

Names I remember from that side. Steve Schofield, David Biles, Stan Bear, Kevin Smith. I think it was either Poole or Ellesmere Port who won the National League that year 

Your just a boy then... ;)

If Poole do finish up in the championship (overall less able riders) then please can we have a decent track surface for the riders to apply their skills.