British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

The top division has 24 matches

The second tier has 20

How do you explain that by dropping down you will have 'regular fixtures'???

Granted you will not see the same team twice ......but you will have less fixtures not more!

Time you got your abacus back out  old son.

18 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

*fewer

And the cups? The pairs? The fours? 

Poole this season had 12 home fixtures plus the supporters cup which was an extra 3 meaning 15 fixtures at home

Next year (if same size league) will be 10 plus the shield which is also 3 extra meetings meaning 13 fixtures at home

They would then need to have at least 2 matches at home in the KO Cup to make it 15 again the same as this season

You cant count the pairs and fours as they are at a neutral venue

When Ipswich went down i enjoyed the variety of teams..................but you dont get more home fixtures dropping down unless you make the finals of the cups

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Are you that thick!!!!

Poole rode 12 league matches at home winning 10 losing 2

Leicester rode 10 league matches at home........winning all 10..............

Which team therefore rode the most matches????

Poole rode 3 matches at home in the supporters cup

Leicester rode 3 matches at home in the championship shield

Leicester rode 1 match at home in the KO cup

Poole therefore had 15 home matches over the main season........and Leicester had 14............including the fact both teams made the play offs they will both have had 16

Now can you please show me how by dropping down you will have more fixtures..............so glads that the championship supporters now have to deal with a p1llock like you and a troll in Shovlar

The point with Poole dropping down is that speedway will remain. They are likely to have matches against Eastbourne, Somerset and possibly Plymouth all within easy travelling distance.

Costs will be reduced but I do not think crowds will. Speedway in the Premier is now very expensive with riders demanding high money. Top foreign and home bred riders do not now ride in this country.

The number of riders riding in both leagues appear to be increasing so how many  riders will the crowds miss out on? Yes you will miss out on the expensive riders but so be it to keep speedway.

Yes Elite racing was great racing when the like of Ward, Holder, Richardson, Magic plus many others were here but those days are long gone.

The racing in the lower league at Somerset has been great with more racing than in the top league. Racing in the lower leagues was great when the Wildcats/Pirates were in the lower league and crowds were great.

i would prefer speedway in this league instead of no speedway.

Also TV will now be showing both leagues so exposure will still be there. Also it will be open to free view viewers as well as those of us who pay.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sherborne Green said:

The point with Poole dropping down is that speedway will remain. They are likely to have matches against Eastbourne, Somerset and possibly Plymouth all within easy travelling distance.

Costs will be reduced but I do not think crowds will. Speedway in the Premier is now very expensive with riders demanding high money. Top foreign and home bred riders do not now ride in this country.

The number of riders riding in both leagues appear to be increasing so how many  riders will the crowds miss out on? Yes you will miss out on the expensive riders but so be it to keep speedway.

Yes Elite racing was great racing when the like of Ward, Holder, Richardson, Magic plus many others were here but those days are long gone.

The racing in the lower league at Somerset has been great with more racing than in the top league. Racing in the lower leagues was great when the Wildcats/Pirates were in the lower league and crowds were great.

i would prefer speedway in this league instead of no speedway.

Also TV will now be showing both leagues so exposure will still be there. Also it will be open to free view viewers as well as those of us who pay.

Totally agree with all you said there

We had a great time when we at Ipswich drooped down, far more variety and different tracks to visit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

To tell someone to get their abacus out insinuates not being able to count

20 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Si think the key point is REGULAR fixtures.

Yep the figures may be more regular but if the leagues stay the same there will not be more..............

If Starman wants to debate regularity then fine.......................but why say use your abacus.........

On 10/20/2019 at 9:22 AM, JanAndersen said:

No-one is under any illusion that CL is thriving but if you somehow think that because you’ve got the odd better rider that the PL with seven (soon to be six) sides is entertaining and the future of the sport in Britain then you’re delusional. Speedway needs to cut its cloth and doing so at CL level is easier. 

If you think the way forward for the sport is running at the current CL level in dilapidated stadiums with 3/400 in attendance it's not me who's delusional, how can the sport possibly move forward form there? What other sport, business or brand would so readily accept such mediocrity for its product? I realise there isn't a lot of money about but we'd be in a much better position with 10/12 or 14 teams of reasonable strength, rather than 20 clubs all striving to be the best of the lowest level possible.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:55 PM, Starman2006 said:

And a lot will depend on what team building average is set. Personally i think 42.50 is a decent start

Welcome back Starman, hope all is well. :approve:

9 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

*fewer

And the cups? The pairs? The fours? 

It's all guesses anyway, as who knows what the final numbers are going to be in each league. That will be agreed at the AGM then we will know rather than guess.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Weasel said:

If you think the way forward for the sport is running at the current CL level in dilapidated stadiums with 3/400 in attendance it's not me who's delusional, how can the sport possibly move forward form there? What other sport, business or brand would so readily accept such mediocrity for its product? I realise there isn't a lot of money about but we'd be in a much better position with 10/12 or 14 teams of reasonable strength, rather than 20 clubs all striving to be the best of the lowest level possible.

Who would be in a better position? The supporters of the teams who you seem to be saying are irrelevant and need closing probably wouldn’t agree. I’m not suggesting that running with low crowds is ideal but if it’s realistic and sustainable (big if) then what’s the problem? 

Oh Gavan, Have I Got News For You?  Can't wait til I can reveal it.....:party::party::rofl:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Oh Gavan, Have I Got News For You?  Can't wait til I can reveal it.....:party::party::rofl:

Oh god!! I hope it is good news!! *goes back to reread Gavan's post* First time I have ever done that! 

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh god!! I hope it is good news!! *goes back to reread Gavan's post* First time I have ever done that! 

Nothing to do with whats been said so far but I just wanna see how he reacts when its announced!! Hee hee

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Aye first two riders in the bag and it looks like Poole mean this...

So it would appear that this dropping down a league is coming off otherwise why sign riders... if it doesn't happen it will be a bigger bluff that the one Boris is trying to pull with Brexit...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1