British Speedway Forum

Nicholls moving from near Ipswich to Brighton could put him on the radar for Poole. Also, I have heard Ryan Douglas is moving south to be with his mate "Marra" Morris. South coast clubs could be interested in him from Swindon, Poole or Eastbourne.

Edited by IronScorpion

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Nicholls moving from near Ipswich to Brighton could put him on the radar for Poole. Also, I have heard Ryan Douglas is moving south to be with his mate "Marra" Morris. South coast clubs could be interested in him from Swindon, Poole or Eastbourne.

Would have thought Leicester and Wolves very keen to retain Ryan Douglas and both very accessible from Swindon!!

Scotty to Poole looks a much better fit if he leaves Leicester especially as would fit in better with his BT Sport SGP commitments on a Saturday night that would rule Eastbourne out. 

• Like 1

Can see Morris going to Eastbourne - Was excellent at #1 on the Northern tour and was given guest appearance for the Birmingham fixture...

• Like 1

perhaps nick morris although he has just finished a poor season in this country

Both Eddie Kennett (8.62) and Nick Morris (8.38) have fairly high CL averages.

While they both come into consideration as number ones they are definitely not bargains.

Eddie, in particular, might not do so well away from the Eastbourne track.

In terms of bargains, Jorgensen, Summers and Steve Worrall could all comfortably add a point next season.

Oh, and Ricky Wells and Stefan Nielsen (4.51) as a reserve.

Edited by DC2
  • Haha 1

King would do a very good job for Poole,,, they have a dirt line which would suit him.. Kemp could be a possibility to. 

Edited by Baldyman

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

King would do a very good job for Poole,,, they have a dirt line which would suit him.. Kemp could be a possibility to. 

and a very bumpy track to go with it !

On 10/22/2019 at 11:30 AM, JanAndersen said:

Who would be in a better position? The supporters of the teams who you seem to be saying are irrelevant and need closing probably wouldn’t agree. I’m not suggesting that running with low crowds is ideal but if it’s realistic and sustainable (big if) then what’s the problem? 

I didn't say those clubs had to close but you say it yourself, it's unlikely to be sustainable, if they can't get 500+ paying spectators on a regular basis then their natural place should be the NL.

You cannot expect the sport to be successful by settling for the lowest common denominator and this constant race to the bottom has and will see everyone suffer, too many seem to accept that the sport is done in this country and it's about getting out of it as much as you can before it dies its slow painful death, I disagree, many sports have been turned around in recent years, including  Rugby League, Cricket and Darts and there is still hope for Speedway too, I don't have all the answers but bowing to the weakest is certainly not one of them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DC2 said:

Both Eddie Kennett (8.62) and Nick Morris (8.38) have fairly high CL averages.

While they both come into consideration as number ones they are definitely not bargains.

Eddie, in particular, might not do so well away from the Eastbourne track.

worst signing in the league for anybody, kennett

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

And how do you know this?

just guessing I would think .wish he was correct though 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1