British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

I wonder if there will be a place for James Shane's (if fit ) in the Poole line up next season .he would be useful to have .it will also be nice to see a lot of the younger riders learning there trade riding at no 6 or 7 .before they move on to the bigger clubs .

I’m not sure that Swindon would like all their apprentices learning their trade on the bumpy Poole track.

39 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I’m not sure that Swindon would like all their apprentices learning their trade on the bumpy Poole track.

got to learn to ride the rough with the smooth :D

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I wonder if there will be a place for James Shane's (if fit ) in the Poole line up next season .he would be useful to have .it will also be nice to see a lot of the younger riders learning there trade riding at no 6 or 7 .before they move on to the bigger clubs .

His interview in the Speedway Star a couple of weeks ago suggested he is going back to Brummies.

12 hours ago, jenga said:

someone is throwing loads of money at these clubs to jump up into the championship !

Yes it’s called the decline of the NL !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, GWC said:

Yes it’s called the decline of the NL !

that will be a shame if there is no N.L. 

ADDING THIS  are the muppets in charge trying to increase the number if riders available for next year by killing off the NL  and therefore making less clubs and more riders to fill two leagues or even one big league for the future  ,therefore  keeping theme selves in employment ?  :nono:shame .........

Edited by jenga

18 hours ago, poole keith said:

before we know the points limit?? or any other team building regulations that may be implemented!!!

They must know them before as normally when AGM is done a fair few Champ clubs announce their whole team in 48 hours! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

If thats the case then do we know what league we are in next season and choosing to keep it from the fans? 

They have already said they want to do Championship 

4 hours ago, jenga said:

that will be a shame if there is no N.L. 

ADDING THIS  are the muppets in charge trying to increase the number if riders available for next year by killing off the NL  and therefore making less clubs and more riders to fill two leagues or even one big league for the future  ,therefore  keeping theme selves in employment ?  :nono:shame .........

The National League run their own business and are not dictated too by the BSPA so any additions/ withdrawals are made by the club's concerned.

Are the rules the same or is there something very different about the way its run , apart from having nothing to do with the bspa , five laps , clockwise or maybe two stroke engines . but its good to see the bspa sending kids over to aus in winter to get some grooming for their leagues , innit ?

Edited by jenga

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They have already said they want to do Championship 

But its not a done deal so seems risky to sign riders before knowing what league you're in. And if we've signed riders why not tell us

30 minutes ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

But its not a done deal so seems risky to sign riders before knowing what league you're in. And if we've signed riders why not tell us

Of course its a done deal. No way the Championship clubs wouldn't welcome Poole (and Plymouth and Kent - and possibly one other) with open arms!! The only thing the extra number of teams might change is the points limit which is why Poole aren't announcing riders yet.

Edited by Skidder1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Of course its a done deal. No way the Championship clubs wouldn't welcome Poole (and Plymouth and Kent - and possibly one other) with open arms!! The only thing the extra number of teams might change is the points limit which is why Poole aren't announcing riders yet.

15 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

All clubs know the points limit that's been discussed at the pre-agm meetings as well as the likely teams in each league

The AGM should simply be a rubber stamping procedure.

so "all teams know the points limit" but also the points limit"might change" but presumably they dont know what it will change to,so they dont actually know the points limit,which i believe is what i was saying skids

Be good to see Shovvys posts in this section, shame Newport aren’t running anymore !!!

sadly, he will bring the dross out of the Poole threads with him like Lisa the full time mummy and Skidmark . Not to mention Starman. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I think with the potential of 14 clubs, there isn’t enough top riders around. The only way I can see this working is the points limit increases,  to allow some top riders being able to double up. 

8 hours ago, poole keith said:

so "all teams know the points limit" but also the points limit"might change" but presumably they dont know what it will change to,so they dont actually know the points limit,which i believe is what i was saying skids

The points limit was agreed at the pre-agm meeting based upon a certain number of teams. It's the same process every year. However all i'm saying is that with more teams now declaring there might be a change. If there is it won't be majorly significant to stop a club from starting to offer rider contracts - especially to get your heat leaders sorted!