British Speedway Forum

Don’t think you will find that Douglas or Morris will be available to Poole in 2020 unless some last minute changes happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure we could have Douglas if he is doing Poland?? 

Good point Lisa.

Having said that plenty of Champ riders have signed for POL Nice 1 & 2 Leagues in the past and rarely got a look in during the season.

I was totally forgetting that in Champ we get plenty of Sat/Sun meetings as well as Fridays - My bad :o.

Having said that Leicester also won't get him with their mainly Sat race nights and also all the other weekend meetings if that's the case. Mind you Leicester may need to shed plenty of team points anyway  having amassed that lofty 44.88 total on the final GSA's on SGB site. That's a BIG reshuffle if the limit is set at 41 or 42.

My personal choice would be Riss who only turned 24 on 13th Sept and rode Poole well plus had a decent GSA for both Redcar and K.Lynn. Not sure if Southern based but if he is would be an ideal signing (if not commited to DK/POL) and I think is improving. Having just said that something niggles at me to say maybe POL involved ???

5 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Don’t think you will find that Douglas or Morris will be available to Poole in 2020 unless some last minute changes happen.

What's the thinking behind that Flagrag ?? The POL connection again maybe ??

If that's the case would it not knock them out of most teams planning if not all ?? (Champ that is not Prem)

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
Added to last sentence

17 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Good point Lisa.

Having said that plenty of Champ riders have signed for POL Nice 1 & 2 Leagues in the past and rarely got a look in during the season.

I was totally forgetting that in Champ we get plenty of Sat/Sun meetings as well as Fridays - My bad :o.

Having said that Leicester also won't get him with their mainly Sat race nights and also all the other weekend meetings if that's the case. Mind you Leicester may need to shed plenty of team points anyway  having amassed that lofty 44.88 total on the final GSA's on SGB site. That's a BIG reshuffle if the limit is set at 41 or 42.

My personal choice would be Riss who only turned 24 on 13th Sept and rode Poole well plus had a decent GSA for both Redcar and K.Lynn. Not sure if Southern based but if he is would be an ideal signing (if not commited to DK/POL) and I think is improving. Having just said that something niggles at me to say maybe POL involved ???

Hands off Risky!! Redcar need to re-sign him next year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Hands off Risky!! Redcar need to re-sign him next year.

Redcar must be sweating on the points limit then if they are near enough nailed on to resign Wright on his high 9.59 GSA. Their total team GSA is 43.39 so if it is 41 or 42 then they are going to be looking to shed rider/s.

Have no idea where Riss bases himself in UK but if it is way up North then maybe logic would dictate keeping him but then again he also rides for KL down South (East).

Just knocking ideas around to cultivate discussion, but yes he is a decent rider and perhaps improving having just recently turned 24. I could be way off of course and he may not even be in Poole's thinking. They are hardly cash rich so may have UK based riders more in mind.

18 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Redcar must be sweating on the points limit then if they are near enough nailed on to resign Wright on his high 9.59 GSA. Their total team GSA is 43.39 so if it is 41 or 42 then they are going to be looking to shed rider/s.

Have no idea where Riss bases himself in UK but if it is way up North then maybe logic would dictate keeping him but then again he also rides for KL down South (East).

Just knocking ideas around to cultivate discussion, but yes he is a decent rider and perhaps improving having just recently turned 24. I could be way off of course and he may not even be in Poole's thinking. They are hardly cash rich so may have UK based riders more in mind.

He's based at Kings Lynn's track so probably quite nicely placed for most of the UK really

28 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

He's based at Kings Lynn's track so probably quite nicely placed for most of the UK really

Well you may well keep him then.

Google maps is near enough 4 hours Poole/KL notwithstanding what traffic you may hit on the M25/M3 which is a lottery on any given day. KL/Redcar is more like 3 hours 20/30 mins :D

You never know though and at least it ignited some kind of debate on a thread that had not been touched since last Wed which must be a record for Poole on this SGB Forum.

However you may have noticed I mentioned earlier on similar subject that I would like to see Jordan Stewart given a try at Poole as he seems to be an up and coming young Aussie with potential. Again no idea where he is based but I assume up North if h rides for Redcar. I see him progressing and certainly worth a go on his lowish GSA. Come on mate you have got to give somewhere as you are going to probably be over the points limit anyway ;).

Not singling out Redcar riders as i named plenty of others as I saw what would seem ideal riders that may be available. I bypassed Charles wright as although a Poole asset (and I question WHY when he said he doesn't want to ride/travel South). Why would Ford sign an asset who doesn't want to ride down South. Having said that he was happy enough riding every season in the South for a combination of Somerset/Swindon and Peterborough since 2013. Maybe if the deal is right he is happy to travel. Sometimes money talks and as said why would Ford have paid to sign him as an asset unless he just wants repeat loan fees.

8 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

However you may have noticed I mentioned earlier on similar subject that I would like to see Jordan Stewart given a try at Poole as he seems to be an up and coming young Aussie with potential. 

Why on earth would any rider want to make a downward career move to a club in trouble and up for sale?

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Why on earth would any rider want to make a downward career move to a club in trouble and up for sale?

That applies to virtually half of the clubs in British speedway!!

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Riss is based in Doncaster 

10 minutes ago, 1984Star said:

Riss is based in Doncaster 

No you are 100per cent wrong riss does live in a caravan at kings Lynn track

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1984Star said:

Meant Erik Riss he is based in Doncaster with his girlfriend 

He's definitely based at the track at Kings Lynn. 

I hope and think we can hold onto Jordy. As for weights travelling I think the year he did Redcar and Somerset he found it very tiring. Peterborough is easily accessible which makes a hell of a difference