British Speedway Forum

13 hours ago, DC2 said:

Three heatleaders and a 5.16 reserve, built to 40?

8.5 + 7.5 + 7 + 5.5 + 5.5 + 5.16 + 2 = 41.16

Yes I agree.

Perhaps Poole have offered 3 x H/L contracts in the hope of signing one.

Personally I think that the Champ team av is already agreed subject to the AGM rubber stamping next week. Bearing in mind some teams have already started announcing riders and the promoters have pre AGM meetings/discussions on agenda points it would kind of make sense to save hours of bickering over what it should/shouldn't be. 

Would also maybe explain why (if true) Poole have started making moves on the H/L front.

Anyway we will hopefully be a lot wiser in just over one week.

One to throw into the mix.

I saw on twitter this morning that Hans Andersen is seriously considering his situation for 2020 after a difficult year on a number of fronts.

Some have commented that maybe he should consider dropping a League to Champ to get his confidence back. Maybe even a double up with Peterborough and a.n.other.

When you factor in the cost of taking on 3/4 leagues as he did for years although maybe only 3 now perhaps staying in one place - set your financial goals a bit lower bearing in mind he won't get a guaranteed place in POL anyway, perhaps it's a possibility.

Also as i type this the news has just broke on SGB site that Nichols (who is based on South Coast last year or two) will not be part of Leicester in 2020 due to his Saturday Speedway GP TV commitments (Leicester being a Saturday raceday). Could moves be afoot for him to sign for Poole if he one of the so called 3 H/L that it is rumoured Poole have approached for 2020 ??

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
wrong reason for Leicester not retaining Nichols

Difficult if Hans is riding in Denmark though. Depends how many clashes? It has been said that Nicholls is leaving Leicester, might be the brit Skidder has mentioned? :unsure:

Ha, see you have already mentioned Scott, Steve! I only read the Hans bit originally. 

Edited by lisa-colette

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I saw on twitter this morning that Hans Andersen is seriously considering his situation for 2020 after a difficult year on a number of fronts.

Some have commented that maybe he should consider dropping a League to Champ to get his confidence back. Maybe even a double up with Peterborough and a.n.other.

When you factor in the cost of taking on 3/4 leagues as he did for years although maybe only 3 now perhaps staying in one place - set your financial goals a bit lower bearing in mind he won't get a guaranteed place in POL anyway, perhaps it's a possibility.

Also as i type this the news has just broke on SGB site that Nichols (who is based on South Coast last year or two) will not be part of Leicester in 2020 due to points limit. Could moves be afoot for him to sign for Poole if he one of the so called 3 H/L that it is rumoured Poole have approached for 2020 ??

Hans rides in the Danish league on some Wednesdays.

Scott is leaving Leicester due to the number of Saturday fixture clashes with his BT Sport commitments.

Meanwhile Kent confirm a 'surprise International rider' to be announced!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Also as i type this the news has just broke on SGB site that Nichols (who is based on South Coast last year or two) will not be part of Leicester in 2020 due to points limit. Could moves be afoot for him to sign for Poole if he one of the so called 3 H/L that it is rumoured Poole have approached for 2020 ??

It actually says n the Lions site that its due to rider availability on Saturday nights because of TV commitments.

2 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

It actually says n the Lions site that its due to rider availability on Saturday nights because of TV commitments.

Yes - Realised I had put wrong reason immediately after I had posted. I have corrected.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Scott is leaving Leicester due to the number of Saturday fixture clashes with his BT Sport commitments.

Meanwhile Kent confirm a 'surprise International rider' to be announced!!

Maybe Kent's surprise could be THJ. You never know as he could be classified as International and had signed a contract to ride in UK :D

• Haha 1

That would rule Eastbourne out too then. If not keen on massive amounts of travelling then Kent would be the nearest.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

That would rule Eastbourne out too then. If not keen on massive amounts of travelling then Kent would be the nearest.

Although Eastbourne have run a fan survey asking for opinions of Saturday nights v Sunday afternoon racing?!;)  Its a nice little survey on their website!

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

True but he did as did Klindt when both have ridden for Poole on a Wed in seasons prior to last season. They managed in the main to accommodate back then.

I think much will depend on which route Hans wants to take. DK only gives so many meetings but i suppose you have to ride in them to qualify for things like DK Champ and to qualify for the SGB/SEC  qualifiers.

When you think about it from a meetings perspective he would have a lot more meetings riding as double up in UK in both Prem/Champ so I suppose it partly comes down to mentally and at his stage does he want to continue globetrotting around Europe or go for being based in one place and also saving on bikes/traveling etc. Does he feel his body and mind can continue to keep hammering out 3/4 leagues per season as he approaches 40.

No doubt we will see as he tends to post quickly on twitter when he has news.

Andersen would be a great addition to the Championship. 

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Andersen would be a great addition to the Championship. 

He’d be 9.26, so it’s doubtful that Poole could fit him in with King (8.67) unless they had three 5 pointers and two low averaged reserves.

56 minutes ago, DC2 said:

He’d be 9.26, so it’s doubtful that Poole could fit him in with King (8.67) unless they had three 5 pointers and two low averaged reserves.

Kinda missed having a proper no1 last few seasons (no offense to Brady and Jack!) so I wouldn't mind it. 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Although Eastbourne have run a fan survey asking for opinions of Saturday nights v Sunday afternoon racing?!;)  Its a nice little survey on their website!

Oh lol, I just assumed they did Sat nights! 

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Nicholls definitely ruled out for Eastbourne, Ian Jordan stated on one of the Eagles fan groups on Facebook that we couldn't sign him for the same reason that Leicester have let him go.