British Speedway Forum

49 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It baffles me when people make judgements when no one has been announced! Plus staying away on a permanent basis only means the club would be lost. Surely if the racing is good does it matter who the riders are? I think the standard in the CL is more level than in the PL, so should be close.

Lisa ignore some of the idiots on here. They aint got a clue what they are talking about. The racing will be good and more competitive. Why, look at all the averages. Do you remember the New year classic we put on many years ago now ? Where the track was just graded we had no water as the pipes were frozen and the racing was superb why ? Look at the averages. They were compressed so there was little between top and bottom. And in the main, you will get that next season. many riders are of simular abillities.
In a  racehorse handicap, if you have 10lb between top and bottom over 7f on decent grd   the lightlyhood being they should all finish in a heap If you have a simular senirio of the averages you will get a simular result.  Dont worry  aboutwhat they say on here it will be decent racing.
I dont bother replying to the majorirty on here its not worth the typing time or effort.

Edited by Starman2006

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It baffles me when people make judgements when no one has been announced! Plus staying away on a permanent basis only means the club would be lost. Surely if the racing is good does it matter who the riders are? I think the standard in the CL is more level than in the PL, so should be close.

If baffles me, when people don’t let you make a comment. It’s my opinion based on the side or an atypical side Poole will put out. I don’t need to see the actual side you are putting out. What difference will that make! You forget, that people aren’t going against better sides but suddenly with a team in the Championship they will hold up or improve. 

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that will make me go ‘Wow, I was wrong. That was a good decision by the Pirates to go to the Championship’

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think the standard in the CL is more level than in the PL, so should be close.

On what do you base that assertion?

In the CL you have 2 pointers racing against a 10 pointer (Craig Cook).

In the PL you have 3 pointers racing against a 9 pointer (Jason Doyle).

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

CL racing is just as determined as Premiership

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

If baffles me, when people don’t let you make a comment. It’s my opinion based on the side or an atypical side Poole will put out. I don’t need to see the actual side you are putting out. What difference will that make! You forget, that people aren’t going against better sides but suddenly with a team in the Championship they will hold up or improve. 

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that will put make me go ‘Wow, I was wrong. That was a good decision by the Pirates to go to the Championship’

I do hope you enjoy your non-speedway years ahead then. I well remember the last time Poole were in similar league and yes I know it's different now but it's all about the regular racing on our preferred racenight.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DC2 said:

......and after conversion???.......lol

Everyone looks at things differently . For me at least we have speedway . The club was up for sale and nobody came in , as a sponsor for a few years now I could not see a way of making it work and I completely understand why Matt decided to open up a new business opportunity, however he could have just closed it down but didn’t giving us fans a chance to watch the sport we love.

Now it’s up to us to support it or if we don’t then accept it could be the last we see of it.

the sad thing is that the sport as a whole needs a revamp or the closure of clubs will continue.

whoever you support just keep it up Save our Speedway

• Like 7

4 hours ago, theblueboy said:

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that will make me go ‘Wow, I was wrong. That was a good decision by the Pirates to go to the Championship’

Financially it is a good decision. But considering how much money Poole lost last year and then you tell Poole fans they shouldn't bother going?? I hope Swindon don't have a year like that, otherwise they would be completely screwed! 

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

I mean a team as a whole rather than individuals. I could be wrong but I would expect the league table to be pretty close. 

35 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Financially it is a good decision. But considering how much money Poole lost last year and then you tell Poole fans they shouldn't bother going?? I hope Swindon don't have a year like that, otherwise they would be completely screwed! 

With how Poole fans drop off when they ain't at the top of the league, I wonder how many will support you in div 2. It has to be no more than 25%. 

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I do hope you enjoy your non-speedway years ahead then. I well remember the last time Poole were in similar league and yes I know it's different now but it's all about the regular racing on our preferred racenight.

You're dead right, mate.      In the 'eighties, the Fearman regime had ground the (big league) club into the ground, the track was awful and entertainment nil.

They folded, in came Stewkesbury & Ansell with their National League (as was) competition, racing was close and going to Wimborne Road became a pleasure, not a chore.

And the Pirates are still sailing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

You're dead right, mate.      In the 'eighties, the Fearman regime had ground the (big league) club into the ground, the track was awful and entertainment nil.

They folded, in came Stewkesbury & Ansell with their National League (as was) competition, racing was close and going to Wimborne Road became a pleasure, not a chore.

And the Pirates are still sailing!

Going to Wimborne Road is always a pleasure.

Its not called the Four Point Arena for nothing!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Middlo to continue as Team Manager for 2020 but will share responsibilities for the northern away meetings due to the health of his dad Ken and his weekend business commitments. ( BBC RADIO SOLENT today).

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

With how Poole fans drop off when they ain't at the top of the league, I wonder how many will support you in div 2. It has to be no more than 25%. 

Like you know!! Lol.