British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Give Muddlo a break, Gavan, he had a pretty harrowing season this year with Poole and someone’s saddled him with the job again next year.  :)

Lol

Id like to think im making a valid point though

As a Swindon fan how would you feel if Rosco was picking and choosing what matches he managed the team? Doesnt give out the right message to me

Before any Poole fan has a moan i do appreciate that Muddlo has other stuff going on outside the sport

Have to ask though.....if Poole would have stayed top flight would Muddlo then not go to away matches at say Belle Vue or Wolves??

As i said maybe his enthusiasm is on the slide

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Middlo to continue as Team Manager for 2020 but will share responsibilities for the northern away meetings due to the health of his dad Ken and his weekend business commitments. ( BBC RADIO SOLENT today).

Thats brilliant news, best news for along time 

Haha so we drop down and Gavan drops down with us 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Lol

As a Swindon fan how would you feel if Rosco was picking and choosing what matches he managed the team? Doesnt give out the right message to me

Before any Poole fan has a moan i do appreciate that Muddlo has other stuff going on outside the sport

Have to ask though.....if Poole would have stayed top flight would Muddlo then not go to away matches at say Belle Vue or Wolves??

Nah, give him a break. I like Muddlo.

To be fair, he’s been in charge of Poole for nearly every year that Swindon have won the league.  :)

P.S. we do have to give Rosco time off now and again so he can count his horses.

Edited by DC2

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Lol

Matt Ford or Garry May would usually stand in if Middlo was unavailable. Belle Vue and Wolves are midweek tracks as are all Premiership teams - as you well know - so it was only very occasionally that Middlo missed a meeting. It's the Friday-Sunday away meetings that could be the issue as that is when his business is open to the public. A bit like when Rosco has a brewery.meeting and Lee Kilby steps in! ! Or Hawkins is missing physically as well as tactically and Louis steps in.@!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Nah, give him a break. I like Muddlo.

To be fair, he’s been in charge of Poole for nearly every year that Swindon have won the league.  :)

P.S. we do have to give Rosco time off now and again so he can count his horses.

Sorry how many league wins in the last 20 years have Swindon won again?

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Sorry how many league wins in the last 20 years have Swindon won again?

You’re only as good as your latest performance.  

Guess that makes us the best!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt Ford or Garry May would usually stand in if Middlo was unavailable. Belle Vue and Wolves are midweek tracks as are all Premiership teams - as you well know - so it was only very occasionally that Middlo missed a meeting. It's the Friday-Sunday away meetings that could be the issue as that is when his business is open to the public. A bit like when Rosco has a brewery.meeting and Lee Kilby steps in! ! Or Hawkins is missing physically as well as tactically and Louis steps in.@!

Hawkins is a poor manager tactically

But i give him great credit that he managed to motivate the team in the semi final after the capitulation at Poole in the first leg....and the fact that Poole had won twice at Foxhall already....thats some great man management skills to get one over on Muddlo...........heck Poole even used an 'injury' to Holder to try and squirm their way through!

Over the 2 legs Hawkins was able to outwit Middlo

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

But i give him great credit that he managed to motivate the team in the semi final after the capitulation at Poole in the first leg....and the fact that Poole had won twice at Foxhall already....thats some great man management skills to get one over on Muddlo...........heck Poole even used an 'injury' to Holder to try and squirm their way through!

Think the Poole team outwitted themselves well maybe 4 riders did.

Edited by sugarray
Spelling
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Think the Poole team outfitted themselves well maybe 4 riders did.

Think they had to; there were no team kevlars!  :)

36 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I doubt he motivated anyone tbh, all down to the riders. 

I wonder who the other manager will be? 

Edited by lisa-colette

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I doubt he motivated anyone tbh, all down to the riders. 

I wonder who the other manager will be? 

Elsewhere Havvy has been suggested - but I'm not sure how he's doing?

Wouldnt mind howarth and steve worrall to back up danny king

shame ellis perks is not coming to us as he is an asset or he was .still he must be happy at Leicester