British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, poolebolton said:

Please some explain how the maths says its 7.96 as does the GSA point beside it which is correct for every other rider. But ellis is on 8.00 

The GSA are the last 20 meetings. The maths you have quoted may be for more than 20 meetings.

• Like 1

Just now, poolebolton said:

Please do the maths. Thats how GSA is figured out and well it deosnt add up does it. 

You're doing the wrong maths.    There are some huge red letters telling you that you are doing the wrong maths.   If you can't see the HUGE red letter, please go to Specsavers

2 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Please some explain how the maths says its 7.96 as does the GSA point beside it which is correct for every other rider. But ellis is on 8.00 

Was the one you’re referring to up to 28 Sept?

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Was the one you’re referring to up to 28 Sept?

Yes. I understand the big lettering i would just like once again this sport to have something simple when points do add up correctly 

1 minute ago, poolebolton said:

Yes. I understand the big lettering i would just like once again this sport to have something simple when points do add up correctly 

Did he have a meeting in October?

Adam ellis did 15 meetings in 2019 at champ level and has a GSA average on 8.5 

But then 5 come from 2018. 

Last meeting is on the 28th. 

Just now, poolebolton said:

Adam ellis did 15 meetings in 2019 at champ level and has a GSA average on 8.5 

So the GSA will also cover his last 5 meetings from 2018 to make up the 20 meeting rolling average.

Just to Clarify im not arguing with anyone but the stats which don't make sense. 

Because the same site is saying 2 different things and the maths points to 7.96 figure being correct. 

3 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

So the GSA will also cover his last 5 meetings from 2018 to make up the 20 meeting rolling average.

this suggests to me that the 7.96 figure is correct. 

this suggests to me that the 7.96 figure is correct. 

Only thing I can think of is that maybe one or more of the meetings were Play-offs and therefore do not count to the GSA and therefore one or more earlier meeting may be involved.

The other alternative is that the BSPA cannot add up, which is rare but not unheard off.

2 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Only thing I can think of is that maybe one or more of the meetings were Play-offs and therefore do not count to the GSA and therefore one or more earlier meeting may be involved.

The other alternative is that the BSPA cannot add up, which is rare but not unheard off.

This could be a major point because a lot of his last lakaside meetings were playoffs i believe.

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

does the championship shield count or not? 

I dont think Shield or play offs count in official green sheet averages