British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Of course as a Swindon fan who has gloated over Poole dropping to the Champ on many occasions during these cold/dark/Winter days, I assume you of course would not want any advantage for Poole be it legal or not.

Fact is that all 3 riders you name rode multiple meetings for their sides from the UK season start 2019 before injury intervened.....

Errr, no.

You’re trying to make a case for a Dane to get an injury discount despite him riding in 8 Danish meetings this year while you don’t think Tom Bacon deserves one despite getting injured after only rode 9 meetings for Redcar.

No one should be considered for a discount unless they’ve been out all year.

36 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Errr, no.

You’re trying to make a case for a Dane to get an injury discount despite him riding in 8 Danish meetings this year while you don’t think Tom Bacon deserves one despite getting injured after only rode 9 meetings for Redcar.

No one should be considered for a discount unless they’ve been out all year.

No one on here is trying to make a case but it may be a consideration for the club if they go down that route.

He was out all year - in Britain. Funny enough its the British rules and the British Directors that would need to be asked.

Nothing to do with Denmark.

Nah, just Poole starting their usual twisting.

Keep an eye on them CL fans!

:)

DC2. Poole are now in a lower league. Swindon are champions. Fact.

Poole have won far more Top league titles than Swindon. Fact

Swindon in theChampionship (equivalent) were great entertainment. My family went every week.

Speedway is a great sport and I trust Swindon will carry on the great work Rosco has done. ExExeter Weymouth and Poole with a Poole wife)

About time you spent more time on your own team I think but only my opinion.

anyway, Merry Christmas.

Edited by Sherborne Green
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Nah, just Poole starting their usual twisting.

Keep an eye on them CL fans!

:)

Havnt you got a team to support DC. Clearly Gavan has competition for the amount of posts you put on a Poole thread. Its  almost become an obsession with you..  :nono:

1 minute ago, Sherborne Green said:

DC2. Poole are now in a lower league. Swindon are campions. Fact.

Poole have won far more Top league titles than Swindon. Fact

Swindon in theChampionship (equivalent) were great entertainment. My family went every week.

Speedway is a great sport and I trust Swindon will carry on the great work Rosco has done. ExExeterweyouth and Poole with a Poole wife)

About time you spent more time on your own team I think but only my opinion.

anyway, Merry Christmas.

Great post. Except the bottom 3 words...

21 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Of course as a Swindon fan who has gloated over Poole dropping to the Champ on many occasions during these cold/dark/Winter days, I assume you of course would not want any advantage for Poole be it legal or not.

Fact is that all 3 riders you name rode multiple meetings for their sides from the UK season start 2019 before injury intervened. It could be argued (and I am not for one minute say its true or fact) that Grondal was NOT fit or recovered from his serious 2018 injury to start or be considered for a full UK  season starting in March but had recovered a little more to do a restricted season in DK starting in May.

Depends on what you classify as injured. One of the reports of his crash at Peterborough stated he received a fractured pelvis - badly bruised ribs - Muscle damage and a blood clot. A further update from hospital stated he also had a punctured lung plus internal bleeding. 

Perhaps enough there to have put any rider off going for a comprehensive speedway schedule in order to fully recover from such nasty injuries.  Don't forget he only did some meetings in DK NOT a full schedule. I assume he is in Aussie trying to recover some fitness again for a 2020 fuller schedule.

I am sure Matt Ford is not trying to cheat the system - merely working to the rules IF Grondal is entitled to a reduction under the injured rider rule IF it applies for when the 2019 UK season started. In this case Grondal did not start the season or take part in any pert of it.

No doubt we will only find out if Grondal is actually signed and then if we get a 4 pointer in the the reserve slot. Only then we will probably find out that he recvd the ok from the relevant authorities to sign him on a small reduction. If not then I assume a N/L rider will be filling that last slot.

You are sure Matt Ford is not trying to cheat the system  you are having a laugh he is well known for it

• Like 1

Cheat the system? Never!  Use the rules to suit his club? Yes 100% - and usually does it before any of the other promoters have thought of it!! Very clever imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Cheat the system? Never!  Use the rules to suit his club? Yes 100% - and usually does it before any of the other promoters have thought of it!! Very clever imo.

Ah, that reminds me of the fit Joe Screen ordered by Matt to sit in the stands at the Abbey ten years ago and Bjarne having unfortunate engine failures just so Poole could reduce their team average and get a better rider in.

2009, what a vintage year for cheating that was.  :)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Ah, that reminds me of the fit Joe Screen ordered by Matt to sit in the stands at the Abbey ten years ago and Bjarne having unfortunate engine failures just so Poole could reduce their team average and get a better rider in.

2009, what a vintage year for cheating that was.  :)

Sorry?! Remind me where Poole finished in 2009!!! Anything Poole may have tried certainly didn't give them any advantage.

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Sorry?! Remind me where Poole finished in 2009!!! Anything Poole may have tried certainly didn't give them any advantage.

Don't matter if it worked or not. Irrelevant, it's the intent as you know Skidder, if it did happen :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So when Poole cheat/bend the rules its totally fine as long as they dont gain from it lol

• Like 1

Just now, Gavan said:

So when Poole cheat/bend the rules its totally fine as long as they dont gain from it lol

No no no you miss the point! Using the rules to your advantage is fine if you do gain from it!!  Its a bit of a waste of time if you don't! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Using loopholes isn't cheating.

I've seen all team managers try it this last year or so. It's annoying but not cheating. 

• Like 1