British Speedway Forum

Just now, DC2 said:

Josh McDonald is a good signing. I'm sure if Sheffield had not been going up he'd have been one of the first on our teamsheet. Glad that the lad's got fixed up.

Kennedy would be a hot tip for Poole's no.7 . 

17 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So with Ellis 7.80 and likely another 4.00 point Aussie, that leaves 4.96 for the final rider.  

Or a 6 to 7 pointer and a 2 to 3 pointer.

3 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

Why a trip to redcar sort him out?

In my 48 years in speedway one of the best groups of supporters for having fun and taking the rise out of the opponents (and me) have been Middlesbrough/Redcar fans. Poole will have to re-learn that we have fun in tier 2(BL2/NL/PL/CL)and leave the nastiness (on the whole) to the upper 'elite'. 

One reason I've always preferred this level - it's competitive but still fun. Some of the Poole fans who don't remember the 80s won't know what's hit them ;-)

Here's an example. Local derby Rye House v Canterbury. Recent tensions on track with Barney Kennett 'putting it about' at Kingsmead. As he makes his way to the pits he is accosted by a Rockets supporter, who presents him with a large lollipop "Because he's such a big baby). 

The fun is rapidly running out in speedway. Time to lighten up and have some fun. Educating Pirates could be fun in 20.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Basically nothing between them. From what other people have said McDonald has more potential that Kennedy. 

Agree nothing between them but Kennedy is the most exiting to watch

been waiting to see if either got signed, might get Kennedy as well

Good to see Klindt, Procter and Bates saying we got a good one. 

Team shaping up nicely. Also good to see every rider we have signed is loaned from a club which has or is going to sign one of our assets. Keeping costs low. 

Talking a fun in Speedway, on one of my early trips to Eastbourne, I saw some Newcastle fans presenting Dave Lanning who was introducing the riders a box of Trill

for his Budgies.

Edited by scampispeedway
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

A reasonable 4 pointer, not quite as good as Zaine Kennedy, also on a 4.

Same initials maybe?!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Same initials maybe?!

Zane Keleher?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Zane Keleher?

Could do worse. 

Has been recommended by Dick Barrie in Aussie who also pointed some UK teams to go with Allen/Etheridge & Pickering in last few years. He also said mid Nov was ready for a UK contract but liSted every Chmp team imoji as to who it might be. Barrie said in SS that he has a style rarely seen on the bikes these days but would incl him in any team.

Personally I would love to see MG come over as seems probably the best young talent at 19 and signed a new 2 year contract with Leszno Nursery Club after impressing in a few matches for them last season on flying visit.  I see this boy having a future but intrigued as to why he missed his state U21 Champ today as was initially due to ride. Unless carrying a bit of an injury as missed his last rides in a meeting not long ago having been excluded from his last completed having won twice and second once. Maybe a fall and injured ??. Unfortunately only a reserve for the Aussie main Champs over 5 rounds BUT good chance of winning the U21 title in Jan which unfortunately only a single meeting.

Either Would do well in the reserve slot with Macdonald looking at most of the Champ reserve pairings.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
Typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

Talking a fun in Speedway, on one of my early trips to Eastbourne, I saw some Newcastle fans presenting Dave Lanning who was introducing the riders a box of Trill

for his Budgies.

No no no, Crayford were the budgies! They used to sell toy kestrels on stands and some were waved by the home fans to celebrate wins. We used to ask them if their budgies could talk....

Oh dear, have we hijacked a Poole thread? Oh deary me.

Keep up the good work....

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2019 at 10:00 AM, DC2 said:

Looking at who’s left:

King

Nielsen

Worrall

Lesser Bjerre

Ellis

Kennedy/MacDonald/4 point Aussie

Bowtell

Or Berge, Kinsley and Hume to support a couple of young Brits.

Just helping Matt out.   :)

8 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Oh dear, have we hijacked a Poole thread? Oh deary me.

Keep up the good work....

Most of the Poole fans are still using the Premiership thread so we are doing them a favour by keeping this one going!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Most of the Poole fans are still using the Premiership thread so we are doing them a favour by keeping this one going!

They'll come to terms when the trauma eases.

Eventually.

• Like 1