British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Oh dear, have we hijacked a Poole thread? Oh deary me.

Keep up the good work....

Says the person who reckons he only keeps to the International section these days cos he has no time for British speedway 'because they treated him so poorly'!? Boo hoo.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Ellis, Bjerre & 3.09 for one other?

Ellis and another 4-00 point Aussie and a rethink on Number 4!!!

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ellis and another 4-00 point Aussie and a rethink on Number 4!!!

I’m not so sure on that with what I have heard this morning! 

5 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Hear we go, a battle of the  im in the knows..:nono:

12 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So are we back on the 5+point Dane? Or is Ellis going to Newcastle to make them more competitive?:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So are we back on the 5+point Dane? Or is Ellis going to Newcastle to make them more competitive?:rolleyes:

You'll not be saying that when we announce our full team ;)

As I've put on the Eastbourne thread - Good Friday  at Poole was originally announced for Middlo's Testimonial!!

With the Poole coffers not what they once were, why would you give up possibly your biggest pay-day of the season for a testimonial?

With Middlo's renowned rider connections a barren date would be far better date for the man himself. A top quality line-up (with some riders not U.K. based) would be reflected by a huge crowd. 

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Only seen J Mcdonald once at King's Lynn last season looked out of his depth but that was in the Premiership so understandable. 

Lynn is a unique surface, I wouldn’t judge anyone on one performance there. 

55 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Not so sure meaning maybe not Grondal ??. Maybe meaning he maybe can't get any reduction, meaning a rethink as we would then not be able to fit another young Aussie in reserve slot. Maybe we are going down the decent established 5 pointer route with either a N/L or half decent double upper who rode both N/L & Champ as last reserve ??

Would help with a little expansion on what rumour is around based on your last comment.

13 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

As I've put on the Eastbourne thread - Good Friday  at Poole was originally announced for Middlo's Testimonial!!

With the Poole coffers not what they once were, why would you give up possibly your biggest pay-day of the season for a testimonial?

With Middlo's renowned rider connections a barren date would be far better date for the man himself. A top quality line-up (with some riders not U.K. based) would be reflected by a huge crowd. 

Don't shoot the messenger - just saying what was announced.

10 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Not so sure meaning maybe not Grondal ??. Maybe meaning he maybe can't get any reduction, meaning a rethink as we would then not be able to fit another young Aussie in reserve slot. Maybe we are going down the decent established 5 pointer route with either a N/L or half decent double upper who rode both N/L & Champ as last reserve ??

Would help with a little expansion on what rumour is around based on your last comment.

Maybe they've found a mechanic for Hansen and he's back in the picture?

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe they've found a mechanic for Hansen and he's back in the picture?

Maybe but then we are still agonisingly just a few pips short of 4 points for another young Aussie based on the official final GSA sheets despite the fact that 3 of our riders have a lower av on the actual SGB averages. Still cannot understand why when I read that the final GSA sheet is drawn from the same info by the same guy.

For example why is Ellis shown as 8.00 on the final GSA but on the 20 match rolling av he is shown as 7.96 (both less 2.5% as a Brit). Same with Macdonald and Worrall. If its the same guy compiling both why is there a discrepancy on all 3 ??? (all lower on the 20 match rolling GSA on the SGB statistics pages). 

I only raise it as when you are just short of 9 points balance by 0.03 or 0.04 it makes a difference in team planning.

36 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Maybe but then we are still agonisingly just a few pips short of 4 points for another young Aussie based on the official final GSA sheets despite the fact that 3 of our riders have a lower av on the actual SGB averages. Still cannot understand why when I read that the final GSA sheet is drawn from the same info by the same guy.

For example why is Ellis shown as 8.00 on the final GSA but on the 20 match rolling av he is shown as 7.96 (both less 2.5% as a Brit). Same with Macdonald and Worrall. If its the same guy compiling both why is there a discrepancy on all 3 ??? (all lower on the 20 match rolling GSA on the SGB statistics pages). 

I only raise it as when you are just short of 9 points balance by 0.03 or 0.04 it makes a difference in team planning.

Sometimes you just can’t get what you want.

Do you accept that or consider a fiddle?

The Poole Principle.   :)