British Speedway Forum

52 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Maybe but then we are still agonisingly just a few pips short of 4 points for another young Aussie based on the official final GSA sheets despite the fact that 3 of our riders have a lower av on the actual SGB averages. Still cannot understand why when I read that the final GSA sheet is drawn from the same info by the same guy.

For example why is Ellis shown as 8.00 on the final GSA but on the 20 match rolling av he is shown as 7.96 (both less 2.5% as a Brit). Same with Macdonald and Worrall. If its the same guy compiling both why is there a discrepancy on all 3 ??? (all lower on the 20 match rolling GSA on the SGB statistics pages). 

I only raise it as when you are just short of 9 points balance by 0.03 or 0.04 it makes a difference in team planning.

Not sure,but is not the case that GSA is used for Team Building but rolling averages kick in when season starts ,to stop average fiddling during season.

31 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Sometimes you just can’t get what you want.

Do you accept that or consider a fiddle?

The Poole Principle.   :)

I am happy to accept whichever av is correct. Just wanted someone to explain why there is a discrepancy. Even emailed SGB for clarification as to how/why but not replied. If balance after say Ellis (If signed) is 8.96/97 then fine by me. I don’t want to cheat just get an accurate idea of points left in playing the who we might try and sign game. If below 9 balance then it closes off some possible team combos and opens up others.

stop being an idiot in thinking everyone who likes Poole wants to cheat. More than happy to abide by the team building rules

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I am happy to accept whichever av is correct. Just wanted someone to explain why there is a discrepancy. Even emailed SGB for clarification as to how/why but not replied. If balance after say Ellis (I’d signed) is 8.96/97 then fine by me. I don’t want to cheat just get an accurate idea of points left in playing the who we might try and sign game. If below 9 balance then it closes off some possible team combos and opens up others.

stop being an idiot in thinking everyone who likes Poole wants to cheat. More than happy to abide by the team building rules

If you’re not looking for an angle why not just accept the Final GSA averages like the rest of us?

The team ones in the other section have a clear note saying they are done to certain dates, they are not official and they should not be used for team building.

Get over it.  :)

Just a thought - do the unofficial rolling averages include ALL meetings ie some that do not qualify for the official GSA?  A bit like the ones in the Speedway Star every week never correspond with the 'real' averages!!!

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just a thought - do the unofficial rolling averages include ALL meetings ie some that do not qualify for the official GSA?  A bit like the ones in the Speedway Star every week never correspond with the 'real' averages!!!

Could well be. Would just be nice to have a proper clarification. It's all I was seeking and not as a certain individual seems to indicate that we are trying to look for an angle to cheat the system all the time. But that's my last words on that particular matter, as not into supplying fuel for certain individuals who are not so interested in sensible team debate :)

Hopefully we will get some news soon on who our number 4 will be so that we can then delve into the stats to see who may be our last signing (besides hopefully Ellis that is).

As I see it there are a few options - Grondal (if that avenue has not closed) - Maybe worth it if he does qualify for any reduction but if not my opinion would be no as maybe we can get better 5 or 5 plus options. I see two decent established 5 plus pointers not yet announced in Champs but which one would affect which reserve options are open. Or someone like Hansen who would be dead on 5 but would still leave us just shy of 4 but can open up near enough all Brit options left after their 2.5% reduction. Unfortunately as it stand only the Grondal with reduction would have left a 4 point Aussie option but there you go.

Whichever way you get either maybe a few extra points in the main team but a bit weaker reserve pairing or a bit less in the main team but probably a stronger points pairing in  reserve with 2 Aussies. 

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Says the person who reckons he only keeps to the International section these days cos he has no time for British speedway 'because they treated him so poorly'!? Boo hoo.

Changed my mind Skidder when reading your ignorant and hostile drivel and thought I'd have a little fun.Clearly that's not possible since you are such an arrogant piece of work. You will be totally out of place in the CL. This was my fear when I heard Poole were self-relegating - your unpleasantness along with too many like you at Wimborne Road can only pollute an otherwise relaxed and fun league. Hopefully it'll only be for a year since all you and your club can do is corrupt the league you're in. Keep signing the cheques, it clearly makes you a very superior person....

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Says the person who reckons he only keeps to the International section these days cos he has no time for British speedway 'because they treated him so poorly'!? Boo hoo.

I've only just noticed your childish comment in the second part of your petulant rubbish. If you interpret my feelings to the forum in such an infantile way you really need to learn to read.

I decided to just follow the international section because of the depressingly ignorant and hostile atmosphere caused by louts like you in the British sections. I have no feeling at ALL about my treatment by British speedway. You really must check your medication since you are clearly hallucinating. I was treated badly at one track and walked away from it. That is my right. I've been to plenty of others in my five decades as a supporter. 

I am fundamentally a supporter who was lucky enough to help the sport out in a more formal way. What I objected to was how speedway operated, not how it treated me. You really could start a fight in an empty room couldn't you? "Boo Hoo" Just what level of IQ do you have? It's like listening to the French castle defenders in Monty Python & The Holy Grail. You goimg to call my father a hamster next?

Pathetic. Like all normal humans I get annoyed amd I make mistakes but thank God I'm nothing like you. I take part in these discussions to pass on my experiences to help to explain situations and to pass in my thoughts of how the sport can be improved. All you seem to want to do is boast and put down others. It's sad really, big man. Thanks for proving my decision was right, I'll leave you to bully those who dare cross your path to glory here. 

I've said elsewhere that all Poole can do to the CL is damage it. Certainly dragging people like you in is quite a start in that process. But, one tip, keep lying about me and I guarantee you will regret it. That is NOT a threat, just a warning. You've crossed the line. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I've only just noticed your childish comment in the second part of your petulant rubbish. If you interpret my feelings to the forum in such an infantile way you really need to learn to read.

I decided to just follow the international section because of the depressingly ignorant and hostile atmosphere caused by louts like you in the British sections. I have no feeling at ALL about my treatment by British speedway. You really must check your medication since you are clearly hallucinating. I was treated badly at one track and walked away from it. That is my right. I've been to plenty of others in my five decades as a supporter. 

I am fundamentally a supporter who was lucky enough to help the sport out in a more formal way. What I objected to was how speedway operated, not how it treated me. You really could start a fight in an empty room couldn't you? "Boo Hoo" Just what level of IQ do you have? It's like listening to the French castle defenders in Monty Python & The Holy Grail. You goimg to call my father a hamster next?

Pathetic. Like all normal humans I get annoyed amd I make mistakes but thank God I'm nothing like you. I take part in these discussions to pass on my experiences to help to explain situations and to pass in my thoughts of how the sport can be improved. All you seem to want to do is boast and put down others. It's sad really, big man. Thanks for proving my decision was right, I'll leave you to bully those who dare cross your path to glory here. 

I've said elsewhere that all Poole can do to the CL is damage it. Certainly dragging people like you in is quite a start in that process. But, one tip, keep lying about me and I guarantee you will regret it. That is NOT a threat, just a warning. You've crossed the line. 

Oops. I touched a nerve there didn't I?! Incidentally I would never say anything about your father as i've never come across him. You however are a totally different kettle of fish!! Anyone would think Poole have never ridden 2nd division before?! And yes I do remember the 80's very well especially my visits to Rye House!! Sorry to have disturbed your after lunch nap.

• Like 2

I'd like to see Ben Morley get a Champ spot, on a 3.71 ave could be a decent reserve!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd like to see Ben Morley get a Champ spot, on a 3.71 ave could be a decent reserve!

Surprised he wasn’t in the Kent line up at reserve alongside Jack Thomas who was on a 2.42 average, they would have been a far stronger reserve pairing then Ledwith & Gilkes.

Kent had 6.23 to play with at reserve, Morley & Thomas totalled 6.13 whereas Ledwith &  Gilkes totalled 6.00. 

Another thing to note is that Morley & Thomas are in the top 3 scorers in Kent’s history in the National League.

Edited by dave1075
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

You really are a tool.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe they've found a mechanic for Hansen and he's back in the picture?

No sadly not, I have spoken to him as was keen to sponsor the rider if he came to Poole. Maybe another Dane is a better option ;)

11 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So are we back on the 5+point Dane? Or is Ellis going to Newcastle to make them more competitive?:rolleyes:

Think we all know where Adam Ellis is heading :)

• Like 1

See Tobi Busch has stated Poole contacted him, but he had to turn down the offer for personal reasons

They really are scraping the barrel aren’t they?