British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Poole have three British heat leaders :o 

unchartered territory :P

• Like 1

Ellis signing certainly a game changer, number 1 most of the season i reckon

• Like 1

I think we all knew the top three would be powerful, the reserves are going to make or break this team. 

12 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Another nice loan fee to The Robins:-)

Just about covers the coSt of loaning Perks to you. 

Batch is expensive though and we are making some good loan fee for that. 

20 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Just about covers the coSt of loaning Perks to you. 

Batch is expensive though and we are making some good loan fee for that. 

Nah cost more for Ellis when you factor in the Pothole Parkway factor.

8 minutes ago, noggin said:

Nah cost more for Ellis when you factor in the Pothole Parkway factor.

Poole aren’t stupid every single rider we have signed so far is an asset of a team using our assets. 

• Like 1

The way Ellis rode at the end of last season I thought he was ready to ditch the championship and move on. I think staying in the lower league can hold British riders back a bit.

A good signing for Poole though. Could be the top second division rider next year.

42 minutes ago, Grachan said:

The way Ellis rode at the end of last season I thought he was ready to ditch the championship and move on. I think staying in the lower league can hold British riders back a bit.

A good signing for Poole though. Could be the top second division rider next year.

Not if they're also riding in the Premiership.  Doubling down just provides more rides and cash.

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

Not if they're also riding in the Premiership.  Doubling down just provides more rides and cash.

Personally I think it does. I think it can hold them back - certainly with a rider like Ellis who can, I believe, move up into being a top international rider, but needs Polish/Swedish leagues to achieve that.

Maybe one more  year in the lower league will still be good for him, but I hope he will move on after that.

No doubt that signing Adam is good business for Poole though. I think they needed a signing like this to give people a reason to support the club.

5 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

But it fills their calendar meaning they have less opportunity to ride on the continent, which lets face it is where the very best riders  spend most of their time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col said:

But it fills their calendar meaning they have less opportunity to ride on the continent, which lets face it is where the very best riders  spend most of their time.

If a rider had a spot on the continent which interfered with doubling down I'm sure they'd take the continent ride...if they haven't then there's nothing wrong in doubling down.  

What would you do?  Double down and earn some £££'s or just ride Premiership and earn far less? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Grachan dont you agree that Adam's average is very false?  how many tape infringements and fall's did he have in 2019.He was one of a few who had the pace to lay up with Doyley and that is why i like the top four in the 2020 line up.Batch, Razzer, Adam all  battling and pushing each other for three places.

Edited by Sidney the robin

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Grachan dont you agree that Adam's average is very false?  how many tape infringements and fall's did he have in 2019.He was one of a few who had the pace to lay up with Doyley and that is why i like the top four in the 2020 line up.Batch, Razzer, Adam all  battling and pushing each other for three places.

I do, Sidney. The way he rode at the end of the year was sensational. If he can maintain that form then Swindon and Poole are on to a winner. He needs to watch the start infringements, though, it's true.

The rider who rode in the play-offs last year did not look like a Second Division rider to me, but it's up to him I guess. I feel he is ready to push on now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

If a rider had a spot on the continent which interfered with doubling down I'm sure they'd take the continent ride...if they haven't then there's nothing wrong in doubling down.  

I'm not saying there isn't, the problem is British riders get in a comfort zone of riding in both British Leagues and don't push themselves to the next level which is what they need to do riding on the continent.

• Like 1