British Speedway Forum

I like what I see of our team so far.

My wish for Christmas would be to sign Alfie Bowtell. I like him a lot. He does fall often, but that is because he tries too much at times.

With a 3.10 average, I hope we can fit him in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I do, Sidney. The way he rode at the end of the year was sensational. If he can maintain that form then Swindon and Poole are on to a winner. He needs to watch the start infringements, though, it's true.

The rider who rode in the play-offs last year did not look like a Second Division rider to me, but it's up to him I guess. I feel he is ready to push on now.

It just shows you that Adam who started at the IOW is learning his craft and that every rider develope's at a different rate.How far can he go i think a minimum of a regular international rider his aim this season should   be to be in a pool of six riders for team GB and be alongside Woffinden,Lambert, Cook, Bewley,  Wright.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Ellis was impressive in Championship last season I the matches I saw him in.

I always felt Adam was holding a bit back in his matches for Brummies at times but understandable as Swindon's season evolved.

Has the ability to be a 10 point average rider in the CL in 2020 and to challenge Cook and Wright and Masters as CL No 1. 

10 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Poole aren’t stupid every single rider we have signed so far is an asset of a team using our assets. 

And what difference does that make?

In fact it’s rather stupid, limiting the club’s choices.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

But it fills their calendar meaning they have less opportunity to ride on the continent, which lets face it is where the very best riders  spend most of their time.

Outside the top 30 in the Ekstraliga, who are “the very best riders”?

I doubt that riding in the lower Polish divisions, Sweden or Denmark much improves any rider beyond a PL/CL combo.

If Adam Ellis can get the very best engines and get himself noticed in some of the World events he might get a crack at Ekstraliga, regardless of not having spent much time on the continent.

39 minutes ago, BobC said:

I like what I see of our team so far.

My wish for Christmas would be to sign Alfie Bowtell. I like him a lot. He does fall often, but that is because he tries too much at times.

With a 3.10 average, I hope we can fit him in.

Danyon Hume????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

And what difference does that make?

In fact it’s rather stupid, limiting the club’s choices.

Think it happens to just be the way the team has panned out.  

Just now, poolebolton said:

Think it happens to just be the way the team has panned out.  

Exactly. Not intended in any way whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Danyon Hume????

Better value than Alfie and on similar averages. Ryan Kinsley would be too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Exactly. Not intended in any way whatsoever.

The team we have is good. So doesn’t really matter. 

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Danyon Hume????

Danyon really deserves a chance and again disappointed Brummies didn't find a place for him

More of a racer than Bowtell and might be better suited to Team too.

Likely Danyon will again lead Leicester NDL side to help keep confidence up. Would be great signing for Pirates

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

Danyon really deserves a chance and again disappointed Brummies didn't find a place for him

More of a racer than Bowtell and might be better suited to Team too.

Likely Danyon will again lead Leicester NDL side to help keep confidence up. Would be great signing for Pirates

Baffled Lawlor and Jenkins( who i like ) get chances yet no chance for Danyon.At his best he was one of the fewer riders who looked as quick as Ellis Perks at times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Baffled Lawlor and Jenkins( who i like ) get chances yet no chance for Danyon.At his best he was one of the fewer riders who looked as quick as Ellis Perks at times.

As per usual it’s an average game. If you have Hume then you can’t have one of the top 5. 

Just now, poolebolton said:

As per usual it’s an average game. If you have Hume then you can’t have one of the top 5. 

Really? What’s the average of the fifth rider?

18 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Danyon Hume????

I rate him too. Very good rider and great with the fans.  If he fits the averages,then yes please.