British Speedway Forum

47 minutes ago, Col said:

Well I'd say anyone riding in the Swedish Elitserien regularly (with the exception of Swedish youngsters) would be the next level below Ekstraliga.

Possibly.

Just taking a 2020 team at random, Lejonen’s best riders are:

1. Robert Lambert
  2. Maksym Drabik
  3. Matthias Thörnblom
  4. Jarek Hampel
  5. Tobiasz Musielak
  6. Timo Lahti
  7. Kacper Woryna

That is no better than Belle Vue, Sheffield or Swindon in our PL.

On the one hand you could argue that Adam Ellis would benefit from the experience of being in such a squad, but on the other hand he would not be guaranteed a place in every match and he might as well therefore ride for Poole in the CL and focus on the PL and the European and World individual events.

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:
  1. Robert Lambert
  2. Maksym Drabik
  3. Matthias Thörnblom
  4. Jarek Hampel
  5. Tobiasz Musielak
  6. Timo Lahti
  7. Kacper Woryna

The reserves are much better than any PL reserves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Possibly.

Just taking a 2020 team at random, Lejonen’s best riders are:

1. Robert Lambert
  2. Maksym Drabik
  3. Matthias Thörnblom
  4. Jarek Hampel
  5. Tobiasz Musielak
  6. Timo Lahti
  7. Kacper Woryna

On the one hand you could argue that Adam Ellis would benefit from the experience of being in such a squad, but on the other hand he would not be guaranteed a place in every match and he might as well therefore ride for Poole in the CL and focus on the PL and the European and World individual events.

Bar Drabik who would be 3rd best rider in the league immediately arguably better than Nicki P. So could be 2nd. 

hampel would be 4th is better than lambert/batch. Etc. Woryna is pretty good. If he rode U.K. would easily finish 7.5 average. 

that team would win the prem by quite a distance because the strength in depth is crazy compared to the teams in U.K.

I’m not particularly interested in comparing team strengths in different countries but I do think a rider broadening their horizons by getting as many meetings abroad as possible on different tracks of different shapes and surfaces and the types of circuits major world meetings are races on can only be a good thing.

The problem is that meetings aren’t guaranteed abroad with squad systems and you can’t blame any rider for signing for a Championship team for what is likely to be decent money. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Good signing in Ellis - but the rest of the team seems underwhelming to me.

King and Worrall are good performers at this level but they are still just abit mehhh.

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

So drew kemp is the same level as Lawlor. This is why clubs would go bust because kemp would be paid a packet and the highest bidder would win. 

Really do you think Len Silver would pay silly money??? also Drew is on a bit of a recovery mission  he was not great at NL level last year.I like Drew and hope he bounces back and he was very unlucky at Sheffield look on you tube and see him in the under 21s at Belle Vue.He showed his real worth there along with Stewart, Hansen, Jeppesen, Gilmore, not necessarily points wise but he was mixing it very well.

4 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Good signing in Ellis - but the rest of the team seems underwhelming to me.

King and Worrall are good performers at this level but they are still just abit mehhh.

35-40 points a meeting for the 3 heat leaders doesn't need much for the other 4 to get.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BobC said:

I like what I see of our team so far.

My wish for Christmas would be to sign Alfie Bowtell. I like him a lot. He does fall often, but that is because he tries too much at times.

With a 3.10 average, I hope we can fit him in.

Someone's been polishing their crystal ball!!!!  But it all depends on the Number 4 rider's average.............!

33 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Bar Drabik who would be 3rd best rider in the league immediately arguably better than Nicki P. So could be 2nd. Hampelwould be 4th is better than lambert/batch. Etc. Woryna is pretty good. If he rode U.K. would easily finish 7.5 average. 
that team would win the prem by quite a distance because the strength in depth is crazy compared to the teams in U.K.

If that team had ridden here this year I’d guess their averages:

Drabik 8

Lambert 8

Hampel 7

Musielak 6.5

Woryna 6

Lahti 5.5

Thornblom 4.5

Total 45.5, below Swindon’s 46.34.

32 minutes ago, DC2 said:

If that team had ridden here this year I’d guess their averages:

Drabik 8

Lambert 8

Hampel 7

Musielak 6.5

Woryna 6

Lahti 5.5

Thornblom 4.5

Total 45.5, below Swindon’s 46.34.

Hampel would be 8 easily. Woryna is already 6.36. So shove another 0.5 on it. Drabik could be 8.5. Lahti is far better than a lot of the prem riders. 

46 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Really do you think Len Silver would pay silly money??? also Drew is on a bit of a recovery mission  he was not great at NL level last year.I like Drew and hope he bounces back and he was very unlucky at Sheffield look on you tube and see him in the under 21s at Belle Vue.He showed his real worth there along with Stewart, Hansen, Jeppesen, Gilmore, not necessarily points wise but he was mixing it very well.

But if everyone came in on 2. Glasgow could just outbid everyone for example. Then work the way down. All of a sudden Kent are left with the worse 2 and money would overtake team building. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

But if everyone came in on 2. Glasgow could just outbid everyone for example. Then work the way down. All of a sudden Kent are left with the worse 2 and money would overtake team building. 

Don't see it to be honest certainly at that level, Kemp for example is employed by two of the most prudent promotion's we have.I know you say Glasgow as an example but they probably have one of the best riders on that sort of average in Bailey he looks a super prospect.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Don't see it to be honest certainly at that level, Kemp for example is employed by two of the most prudent promotion's we have.I know you say Glasgow as an example but they probably have one of the best riders on that sort of average in Bailey he looks a super prospect.

Agree on Bailey at 16 the Kid is a real talent and barring injury he is definitely going far in the sport.

47 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I’m just saying generally that would give richer teams a step up on the teams not so well off. 

3 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Hampel would be 8 easily. Woryna is already 6.36. So shove another 0.5 on it. Drabik could be 8.5. Lahti is far better than a lot of the prem riders. 

Hampel would come in on his old British ave or re-assessed.. Hes not a GP rider..

• Haha 2