Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Why the hell is Hampel being discussed? 

Poole are in the second division. Forget Hampel. He won’t even ride top flight. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Welcome back Steve. 

Any thoughts/ideas of who our last 2 riders might be as a number of ideas seemed to have come and gone or may be being considered.

With most riders in Champ now signed up, not a lot left unless Poole try to get involved in an untested on Uk tracks import which would have thought unlikely if a main team sponsor not signed up yet.

The options keep changing for the 4 & 7. The number 4 rider has yet to sign the contract which has been on the table (and improved!) for around 3 weeks and he is not new to the Championship!!  If he does sign then the number 7 will likely be a young Brit who is also no stranger to the Championship.

However there is still the option for an untried 5.00 rider and another.

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The options keep changing for the 4 & 7. The number 4 rider has yet to sign the contract which has been on the table (and improved!) for around 3 weeks and he is not new to the Championship!!  If he does sign then the number 7 will likely be a young Brit who is also no stranger to the Championship.

I think I know who he is and its frustrating as the guy has the ability to add at least 1 if not 2 points to his av, based on proven form in the past. Also have an idea on the 7 but I suppose you need the first to sign, in order to sign up the second otherwise its maybe back to the think tank.

The untried 5 is always a risk but it does allow the possibility of maybe one of 3 or so decent N/L heat-leaders who are not yet signed up to Champ sides who have also ridden Champs last season. All 3 plus the one that MIGHT be earmarked are capable of beating most of the other N/L reserves announced with other Champs sides on their day.

I wonder if our target rider at 4 is trying to secure a Prem team slot (as not announced in any Prem team yet) before deciding if he wants to ride UK in 2020 in Champs alone rather than double up ?? Just a thought.

47 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Bjerre and Bowtell .... yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnn.   :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just making a point Steve. I dont know why the hell they are talking about Hampel. One reason why i dont post much now. Most talk rubbishe and you have far to many wind up merchants on here now. Who were cracking there teeth on  rusks when we started going. If they were thought of at all.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DC2 said:

Agreed.

There are clear differences between the NL riders, including Stoneman, Palin and the Thompsons, all on 2.

Yet both Thompson's and Palin and include Gilkes could all  end up better longterm riders  than Kemp.

Edited by Sidney the robin

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He couldn't ride in the Championship, even if he wanted to.     No Poles in the good league!

2 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

He couldn't ride in the Championship, even if he wanted to.     No Poles in the good league!

£50 a point wouldn't be enough:P

20 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Really do you think Len Silver would pay silly money??? also Drew is on a bit of a recovery mission  he was not great at NL level last year.I like Drew and hope he bounces back and he was very unlucky at Sheffield look on you tube and see him in the under 21s at Belle Vue.He showed his real worth there along with Stewart, Hansen, Jeppesen, Gilmore, not necessarily points wise but he was mixing it very well.

Len raised the prices last year after signing Drew and stating £1000+ kevlar suits and rising riders costs were to blame (Kemp wore a JC Pro that costs circa £600 all season). There was a big reliance on Kemp hitting the big time last season to bring trophies to Kent and it was the steadily improving Rowe who shone through. 

15 hours ago, DC2 said:

Bjerre and Bowtell .... yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnn.   :)

I don’t think it’ll be bow tell but he could be one hell of a rider. Very ballsy

18 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

I don’t think it’ll be bow tell but he could be one hell of a rider. Very ballsy

This interesting little snippet from Plymouth wedsite the other day which would be encouraging if we do sign him with  the points that would be left available should Bjerre sign. Excuse the capitals as just cut & pasted accross.

WE ARE VERY EXCITED THEREFORE TO ANNOUNCE THE SIGNING OF ALFIE BOWTELL WHO WAS RUNNER-UP IN THE NATIONAL LEAGUE RIDERS CHAMPIONSHIP IN HIS MOST RECENT NDL SEASON IN 2018, WHERE HE AVERAGED OVER 9 POINTS PER MEETING FOR THE ISLE OF WIGHT.

ALFIE SPENT LAST SEASON; MOSTLY IN THE TOP 5 OF CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE EASTBOURNE EAGLES; AND HAD THE DISTINCTION OF BEATING SOME TOP NAMES IN THAT SPELL BEFORE A KNEE INJURY IN LATE AUGUST HEADING SUCH ILLUSTRIOUS NAMES AS CRAIG COOK AND SCOTT NICHOLLS ON THEIR HOME TRACKS. 

Of course his signing  would probably be determined by what happens on the other signing.

Poole team looks likely to make the play offs but the top 3 on paper are only the 6th best heat leader trio

Eastbourne, Edinburgh, Leicester, Redcar and Somerset all have a stronger top 3 based on averages

I know its not just the heat leaders that bring titles but people saying Poole have a strong top 3 are right , but there is stronger for sure

I dont see much improvement in King and Worrall but for sure Ellis is a great signing

Poole should make it into the play offs and then who knows from there

King, Nielsen, Worrall, Bjerre, Ellis, MacDonald & Bowtell.

Nielsen and Bjerre should add a point each.

Right up there with Redcar and Leicester.

22 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Bar Drabik who would be 3rd best rider in the league immediately arguably better than Nicki P. So could be 2nd. 

hampel would be 4th is better than lambert/batch. Etc. Woryna is pretty good. If he rode U.K. would easily finish 7.5 average. 

that team would win the prem by quite a distance because the strength in depth is crazy compared to the teams in U.K.

Would it?

All 3 of Swindon's heatleaders were better than anyone in that side.

Pretty sure Musielak was fifth in Swindon's averages, below Ellis.

I'm guessing the only place where that team is better is at reserve.