British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Of course they arent , hes on a wind up for god sake.

Pooles top three look pretty good... you know with King he will average 8.5-9, Ellis is only going one way and Worrall even if he doesnt regain his pre injury form averaged over 7 from the number 1 berth in a poor side last year. 

pretty good assessment..Adam could average 9.5; King should hold his average, Worrall could go either way one with more to prove.

Neilsen and McDonald though don't inspire great confidence so a No 4 who can add a few points and a decent No 7 will be crucial.

Ben Morley would be a decent no 7 as for Bjerre the blokes a liability in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Agreed that 3 is never on par,probably 1 of the weaker ht leader trios,but agree redcars top 3 is the best in the league,wright and riss are pretty formidable at this level. 

agreed...Redcar top 3 the best top 3 and Leicester top 5 the best top 5 

8 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Of course they arent , hes on a wind up for god sake.

Pooles top three look pretty good... you know with King he will average 8.5-9, Ellis is only going one way and Worrall even if he doesnt regain his pre injury form averaged over 7 from the number 1 berth in a poor side last year. 

Its not a wind up .......Somersets top 3 have a total of 24.49.........Pooles is 23.63.........Schlein and King on a par and Barker and Worrall the same. Do i think BWD will match Ellis? Unlikely....

Jeez unless you say Poole are the best in every department everyone is up in arms

Facts are that there are 5 teams with a stronger top 3 on averages.......King and Worrall wont improve much if any and Ellis will improve...........

Must remind myself to say that Poole are always the best...........

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Its not a wind up .......Somersets top 3 have a total of 24.49.........Pooles is 23.63.........Schlein and King on a par and Barker and Worrall the same. Do i think BWD will match Ellis? Unlikely....

Jeez unless you say Poole are the best in every department everyone is up in arms

Facts are that there are 5 teams with a stronger top 3 on averages.......King and Worrall wont improve much if any and Ellis will improve...........

Not saying that, they arent the best. But you had to get in a dig somewhere and even said Somerset were stronger.

BWD on an average he will get nowhere near , Scheiln retiring at end of year which will see his average drop hugely due to not taking any risks and Barker who unless has invested heavily in decent gear will average 7 at best. 

30 minutes ago, Gavan said:

No one is saying Poole's top 3 are the best, just that they are stronger than some of those you mentioned.

"King and Worrall won't improve much if any"  can only be your opinion which is not shared by others - Simples!

37 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Not saying that, they arent the best. But you had to get in a dig somewhere and even said Somerset were stronger.

BWD on an average he will get nowhere near , Scheiln retiring at end of year which will see his average drop hugely due to not taking any risks and Barker who unless has invested heavily in decent gear will average 7 at best. 

Nope i said Somerset were on a par.........

I would say there will be nothing between Kings and Schleins average at the end of the season..thats my opinion

Im bemused why you think its a dig..................fact is fact and Pools top 3 are the 6th strongest on averages......its not up for a discussion

What is up for discussion is wether the teams with a better top 3 (by averages) will maintain those averages...................

My opinion is that out of Pooles heat leaders Ellis will go up.............King will go down or maintain.......and Worrall a small improvement...............its called an opinion

Edited by Gavan

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No one is saying Poole's top 3 are the best, just that they are stronger than some of those you mentioned.

"King and Worrall won't improve much if any"  can only be your opinion which is not shared by others - Simples!

I dont believe King and Worrall will improve their averages much is my opinion..........there is a reason why fans of both Ipswich and Belle Vue werent that bothered if either returned............Worrall may improve slightly riding at number 3 

Do averages lie? I agree Ellis has the potential to improve his but the facts are in black and white.........5 teams have a stronger top 3 on averages then Poole

Ive said Poole will make the play offs...............must remember to say they will win the league.............

24 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I dont believe King and Worrall will improve their averages much is my opinion..........there is a reason why fans of both Ipswich and Belle Vue werent that bothered if either returned............Worrall may improve slightly riding at number 3 

Do averages lie? I agree Ellis has the potential to improve his but the facts are in black and white.........5 teams have a stronger top 3 on averages then Poole

Ive said Poole will make the play offs...............must remember to say they will win the league.............

You are looking on pure averages. Ippos heat leaders were pretty good and they had the lowest combined 3 heat leaders averages at end of the season. 

you are also looking at worrall and king from a prem point of view. Some riders can be great in one league and average in the other. Erik Riss is a prime example. 

king has been a very very good champ rider and maybe not hit the heights In the prem. 

Gavan on the wind up this morning I see.

BWD is on a inflated SGB Premiership average in 2020...……………..By the way check out his real SGB Championship averages on SpeedwayGB's official website from a previous season or seasons and then come back to me.

Only one team in this league that comes close to Poole's top three and that's Redcar. Edinburgh & Leicester in third and fourth respectively. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I dont believe King and Worrall will improve their averages much is my opinion..........

No you would'nt would you. It suits your agenda. Just go back to your own thread .  I think Poole fans have had enough of you and DC for one year thank you..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just for Gavan. BWD's second tier averages. Gavan is using an inflated Premiership average because it fits his agenda. The stats below don't lie. BWD had an injury hit campaign in 2019 so cant use the 'he is a better rider now' excuse

2016 - 5.02

2017 - 5.61

2018 - 6.00

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

You are looking on pure averages. Ippos heat leaders were pretty good and they had the lowest combined 3 heat leaders averages at end of the season. 

you are also looking at worrall and king from a prem point of view. Some riders can be great in one league and average in the other. Erik Riss is a prime example. 

king has been a very very good champ rider and maybe not hit the heights In the prem. 

All i will say is thank you for a reasoned and thought out response 

Shame that other supporters are to uneducated or thick to actually come back with a sensible post

Edited by Gavan

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

All i will say is thank you for a reasoned and thought out response 

Shame that other supporters are to uneducated or thick to actually come back with a sensible post

If you were more pleasant you might be more convincing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

pretty good assessment..Adam could average 9.5; King should hold his average, Worrall could go either way one with more to prove.

Neilsen and McDonald though don't inspire great confidence so a No 4 who can add a few points and a decent No 7 will be crucial.

Ben Morley would be a decent no 7 as for Bjerre the blokes a liability in my opinion.

Don't think you will have a problem with McDonald

He came in with no experience half way through the season and did pretty well, he will at least make his four point average.

you ought to go the full hog and sign Zane Kennedy on a four for your other reserve as he would only improve as well

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

What have fans of Ipswich or Belle Vue got to do with the argument? They are Premiership and all 3 Premiership clubs have happily re-signed the 3 riders.

Fans of Sheffield, Birmingham  and Newcastle would have had Poole's 2020 top 3  back like a shot  if they all stayed Championship or had no doubts about their future.

Edited by Skidder1