British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, stevehone said:

expect Ellis will be in the top 3 league averages, at Poole he'll do very well

I believe it's the season where he could kick on a bit in europe and I wonder if he will finish the season in the championship if regular Polish rides start to appear. We need a few more to make that extra step to start getting a few potential Tai woffindens up to speed 

Think Ellis is the most likely gp rider in line behind Lambert and Bewley.

Then we have a cluster of teenagers whom if they progress at current rate are hopefully 2-3:years off making the jump too.

If Ellis does do the full season, I d be surprised to see him top the averages in the league.

• Like 1

Ellis will never be a GP rider, he might make Eliteserin regular at best. While Cook is around he'll never be #1 in Championship.

Good value on his average, Poole have a good spearhead for sure.

12 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I believe it's the season where he could kick on a bit in europe and I wonder if he will finish the season in the championship if regular Polish rides start to appear. We need a few more to make that extra step to start getting a few potential Tai woffindens up to speed 

Then we have a cluster of teenagers whom if they progress at current rate are hopefully 2-3:years off making the jump too.

If Ellis does do the full season, I d be surprised to see him top the averages in the league.

Nothing against Adam, but that's a big statement.  

13 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

The problem is we have hardly any riders in top leagues. In Poland we have Tai, Lambert(who didn’t want to ride in it) and bewley. 

And then Just Bewley and lambert in Sweden. No wants to touch British riders. 

As proved by cook who was quite frankly ridiculed by the polish press for being a GP rider and being shocking in Poland. 

Wright cant get a spot in Poland. Until polish teams want british riders in bulk then we have very little chance of having multiple GP riders. Lambert was a bit early this year. And probs should have waited until 2022 anyway. You have to be able to ride the big tracks now. 

I do fear for lambert making The grade. He is a significant step behind Drabik and Smektala now. And it’s only a matter of time until someone like Holder, Kurtz, (one of the Danes or Germans who are coming figure it out. 

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Ellis will never be a GP rider, he might make Eliteserin regular at best. While Cook is around he'll never be #1 in Championship.

I agree. Ellis will never be a GP rider. To be a GP rider is insanely difficult. As proved by Cook. Looks one of the best riders in the world around Glasgow. Yet I doubt he is even considered in the top 40 riders in the world on the continent. 

I do think after showing some promise in Poland during one of the last world cups, if he had not had that bad leg break, Stevie Worrall would of got a polish slot and be knocking on the door at international level.

Stevie Worrall was GB's top performer at the last SWC at Leszno in 2017. It isn't saying much. Sayfutidov secured Russia's bronze on his own.

When I saw him last year, he was very Kasprzak. 3 3 0 3 0. Gate & go fast, or nothing.

20 hours ago, poolebolton said:

The problem is we have hardly any riders in top leagues. In Poland we have Tai, Lambert(who didn’t want to ride in it) and bewley. 

And then Just Bewley and lambert in Sweden. No wants to touch British riders. 

As proved by cook who was quite frankly ridiculed by the polish press for being a GP rider and being shocking in Poland. 

Wright cant get a spot in Poland. Until polish teams want british riders in bulk then we have very little chance of having multiple GP riders. Lambert was a bit early this year. And probs should have waited until 2022 anyway. You have to be able to ride the big tracks now. 

I do fear for lambert making The grade. He is a significant step behind Drabik and Smektala now. And it’s only a matter of time until someone like Holder, Kurtz, (one of the Danes or Germans who are coming figure it out. 

The thing is with Poland, is that most of the tracks are big and fast. The shale might be different as well/ride different. It might take a while to dial it all in, but you don't get much time to do so. They demand results. All the riders are going for it due to the money on offer. It don't make it easy.

Edited by Bald Bloke

38 minutes ago, Supersub said:

Cant see Holder or Kurtz making GP’ -too inconsistent

maybe in a one off season like craig cook did .both still young though they can only get better 

9 hours ago, Col said:

Craig Cook is 32, Adam Ellis 23, so there’s every chance that Adam will beat Craig in the averages over the next few years.

9 hours ago, poolebolton said:

I agree. Ellis will never be a GP rider. To be a GP rider is insanely difficult. As proved by Cook. Looks one of the best riders in the world around Glasgow. Yet I doubt he is even considered in the top 40 riders in the world on the continent. 

To be a GP rider you need ability, physical and mental application and the money for top engines.

Surely no one can deny that Robert Lambert, just 21, has the ability.

31 minutes ago, DC2 said:

To be a GP rider you need ability, physical and mental application and the money for top engines.

Surely no one can deny that Robert Lambert, just 21, has the ability.

Not sure he has the money for top engines. I also think he needs to take his parents out the equation. He needs someone to tell him the hard truths. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Not sure he has the money for top engines. I also think he needs to take his parents out the equation. He needs someone to tell him the hard truths. 

You seem to know an awful lot about Robert Lambert. Or think you do. 

• Haha 1

We have a very good team so far, the final 2 pieces of the jigsaw will be massive and show our intent. I know people keep saying our 3 heat leaders will be good for 30-35 points a match but we cant always rely on that. Poor form and mechanical issues and we will need the back up riders to step up. 

I'm hoping for a couple of new comers to the UK. The reason for this is the whole team so far aren't our assets (I know we have plenty out on loan) but it will be nice to use the opportunity while in the championship to bring in some new comers and bring them on when we step back up to the Premiership.

Personally I'm hoping we don't go with Todd Kurtz or Grondel both riders have in my opinion peaked over the past 5 years and sit around the 5 point average each year, hence my reason to bring someone in who could put a point or two on their starting average. The latter I know had a bad injury but his form this year was poor and his Aussie meetings have not been any better.