British Speedway Forum

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So we save a whopping £1 on last years prices for second division speedway? Terrible.

A more realistic price would be £14.

Nice to see you keeping up with the latest info - despite slagging off Championship racing!!!  Pricing is in line with most other SGBC teams, considering at least 3 of the team also have Premiership places!!

You should get a season pass - it works out at only £15 per adult per meeting - quite realistic wouldn't you say!!:rolleyes:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You should get a season pass - it works out at only £15 per adult per meeting - quite realistic wouldn't you say!!:rolleyes:

There has always  been the fundamental problem with season tickets in that if you're looking at the price per meeting compared to paying once a week, it only makes financial sense (for the punter) if you go to absolutely every match. Even the most committed fan doesn't go to every match due holidays, sickness, family weddings etc. Miss 2 or in some cases 3 home matches and you're out of pocket and you had to pay the whole amount upfront. 

The introduction of other benefits such as the £10 entry to away matches is a welcome sign that promoters are realising that they have to make the purchase of season tickets more attractive. At Leicester you also get preferential treatment when it comes to coach trips to away matches and there is a weekly draw in which you are automatically entered.

17 minutes ago, False dawn said:

There has always  been the fundamental problem with season tickets in that if you're looking at the price per meeting compared to paying once a week, it only makes financial sense (for the punter) if you go to absolutely every match. Even the most committed fan doesn't go to every match due holidays, sickness, family weddings etc. Miss 2 or in some cases 3 home matches and you're out of pocket and you had to pay the whole amount upfront. 

The introduction of other benefits such as the £10 entry to away matches is a welcome sign that promoters are realising that they have to make the purchase of season tickets more attractive. At Leicester you also get preferential treatment when it comes to coach trips to away matches and there is a weekly draw in which you are automatically entered.

Why wouldn't committed fans go to absolutely every home match? Surely committed fans arrange their holidays outside of the season's fixtures or if there is a gap in fixtures mid-season?;);):rolleyes:

The Southern away meeting discount is a good new incentive alongside the existing10% discount off club merchandise and the invite to the club P&P day at Poole.

I've sorted my 3 passes and booked my holidays in early March and end-October!!:t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Why wouldn't committed fans go to absolutely every home match? Surely committed fans arrange their holidays outside of the season's fixtures or if there is a gap in fixtures mid-season?;);):rolleyes:

The Southern away meeting discount is a good new incentive alongside the existing10% discount off club merchandise and the invite to the club P&P day at Poole.

I've sorted my 3 passes and booked my holidays in early March and end-October!!:t:

You're not staying in this country then! it is almost impossible for the majority of fans to go to every match even if they could work round holidays , there is sickness, family matters , bereavement, loads of things that could stop you going especially as most fans are not youngsters.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You're not staying in this country then! it is almost impossible for the majority of fans to go to every match even if they could work round holidays , there is sickness, family matters , bereavement, loads of things that could stop you going especially as most fans are not youngsters.

And taking children out of school  and also being able to afford to go every weekl

• Like 1

i often think skids is living in some fantasy,ford wonderland,at the risk of being reprimanded i will be missing meetings nxt yr as always take youngest grandchildren on caravan holiday in devon may half term or school summer hols

• Like 4

I think the bottom line is with 'season tickets' it isn't a one. A season ticket covers the whole season, this does not if we go further in the KO or reach the play off finals. I will be getting one as it works out cheaper but I do wish it was for every match. I hope the club get a good uptake, I think that will give them an idea of support for the championship compared to last years sale. 

never bought a season ticket in my life and that's been a long time .cant see the value in them .anyway never  really been able to afford the layout all in one hit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poole keith said:

i often think skids is living in some fantasy,ford wonderland,at the risk of being reprimanded i will be missing meetings nxt yr as always take youngest grandchildren on caravan holiday in devon may half term or school summer hols

Did you not see the emoticons?? I hope the grandkids enjoy the caravan in Devon with grandad!

• Thanks 1

Season ticket is not a good deal. I am away at end of April for two weeks in Italy, again in June for two weeks in eastern Europe, with a further two weeks pencilled in for France in September. 

Seriously £20 inc program to watch second div racing is not value and people will think twice about coughing up to watch certain teams that don’t set the pulses racing. I am fortunate in that I can afford it but there are many who will give it serious though whether to bother watching the likes of Newcastle, Berwick etc. 

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Season ticket is not a good deal.

I am away at end of April for two weeks in Italy, again in June for two weeks in eastern Europe, with a further two weeks pencilled in for France in September. 

Ah, ambassador, Ferrero Rocher at home matches?  :)

On 12/22/2019 at 8:26 AM, ray c said:

maybe in a one off season like craig cook did .both still young though they can only get 

Steve I urge you to give Championship racing a chance.

I actually preferred it to Top league racing last year.

Mind I was at Somerset watching it:D

4 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Steve I urge you to give Championship racing a chance.

I actually preferred it to Top league racing last year.

Mind I was at Somerset watching it:D

wrong person:t::cry:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I think the bottom line is with 'season tickets' it isn't a one. A season ticket covers the whole season, this does not if we go further in the KO or reach the play off finals. I will be getting one as it works out cheaper but I do wish it was for every match. I hope the club get a good uptake, I think that will give them an idea of support for the championship compared to last years sale. 

Mine are!!!!;);):D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Season ticket is not a good deal. I am away at end of April for two weeks in Italy, again in June for two weeks in eastern Europe, with a further two weeks pencilled in for France in September. 

Seriously £20 inc program to watch second div racing is not value and people will think twice about coughing up to watch certain teams that don’t set the pulses racing. I am fortunate in that I can afford it but there are many who will give it serious though whether to bother watching the likes of Newcastle, Berwick etc. 

It is around the price for Championship Looking through teams websites I have the information for you on there admission prices and programme prices, some are last season prices some are for this coming season.

Berwick 2019 £17 admission £3 programme

Birmingham 2020 £16.50 admission £3 programme

Eastbourne 2019 £16 admission £3 programme

Edinburgh 2019 £17.50 admission programme no information

Glasgow 2019 £17 admission £3 programme

Kent 2019 £15 admission £2 programme (National League)

Leicester 2020  £17 admission programme no information

Newcastle 2019 £17 admission £2.50 programme

Redcar 2019 £17 admission £2.50 programme

Scunthorpe 2019 £16 admission programme no information

Somerset 2019 £16 admission programme no information

Sheffield 2019 £16 admission £3 programme