British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

It's easy to say that now ;)

as long as its not poole could not care less

3 hours ago, poole keith said:

why has lasse bjerre seemingly been ignored by every other championship team if he is on this apparently very low average??

He's on a low average because he had his worst ever UK season in 2019! If he gets back Tony s best would he a great signing! Maybe promoters don't see him improving again?

What's Adam Roynon plans? I thought he was looking for a return in 2020. On a 5.12 he could be an option and would be eligible for a reduction after his nasty crash in 2018 and not riding at all during 2019. Always a rider I thought had a great style and if he stayed injury free could have gone to the top of the sport but sadly the crashes have finished any chances of that. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

6 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Looking at the 4 round Aussie Champs there is realistically only 2 riders to choose from. The others are either Prem riders or Holder Snr. 

Of the remaining there is only Keleher (may or may not be ok but at 26 having returned to the sport thre would be reservations and he has mainly been beating inferior level riders). Medsen who I think is not as good as Keleher and Morrison who arguably is not good enough period. The only other would be Gilmore but disappointingly he was only named as one of 3 reserves over the 4 meetings. He has been injured and may well be focusing on the single meeting Aussie U21 title which is only one meeting and has to overcome Lidsey going for his third title. Gilmore having signed in POL for Leszno nursery club for the next 2 years would be my choice IF he were available to come over at 19.

The obvious one has to be Keleher who has openly stated on social media he is ready for UK.

Poole have one big problem with this in that if he (or another Aussie) came in on 4 it only leaves 4.87 which is virtually nothing left for a decent rider, meaning almost certainly we have to go down the N/L rider route (or what is available) meaning a long tail for the team which could cost them.

I just wish they could have convinced Lasse Bjerre to have signed on what looks like a false low AV as he has been a 7 to 8.5 rider in the 6 seasons prior to last season.

Not that it makes a difference, but it's 5 Rounds, not 4.

3RD JAN ROUND ONE KURRI KURRI NSW  

6TH JAN ROUND TWO ALBURY VIC  

7TH JAN ROUND THREE UNDERA VIC  

9TH JAN ROUND FOUR MILDURA VIC  

11TH JAN ROUND FIVE GILLMAN SA  

27 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

What's Adam Roynon plans? I thought he was looking for a return in 2020. On a 5.12 he could be an option and would be eligible for a reduction after his nasty crash in 2018 and not riding at all during 2019. Always a rider I thought had a great style and if he stayed injury free could have gone to the top of the sport but sadly the crashes have finished any chances of that. 

Surely not another Brit?! This is Poole we are talking about??!!:D:rolleyes::nono:

We could still finish up with another 2 x4 point Aussies alongside Josh Mac?!;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

why has lasse bjerre seemingly been ignored by every other championship team if he is on this apparently very low average??

Could be that he's thrown too many toys out of his pram. Not really a great team man I'm told. Don't think the Pirates need another one of those!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely not another Brit?! This is Poole we are talking about??!!:D:rolleyes::nono:

Personally I can only see 1 and talks have taken place but maybe 1 for the future could be an option. 

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

You could probably ask, all the teams he has ridden for and you might get a clue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

You could probably ask, all the teams he has ridden for and you might get a clue.

Probly just a numbers game.

6 hours ago, phillipsr said:

How can that be judged? Kennedy has spent a year here and did ok? Kehler is older and never ridden here? so why is he a much better bet? 

Having watched him last season, he will improve and he is a great entertainer, could do worse

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Something to do with his temperament maybe?......bit of a moaner on a few occasions I’ve seen him.....

Shocking the way he went on at Newcastle .. I remember his words when he signed & said he wanted to emulate what his brother done at Newcastle ha ha..... Dream on kidda

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ray c said:

has he also said not riding uk in 2020

Don't think there's a big enough barge pole available...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Also be nice with the 2 Aussies to actually have some assets in the club and looking to the future, all these loan fees we are paying out :)