British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Also be nice with the 2 Aussies to actually have some assets in the club and looking to the future, all these loan fees we are paying out :)

More than offset no doubt by those the club are getting in from rider assets staying in Prem with other clubs this coming season.

I would love to see 2 young Aussies come in on top of Josh Mac. Problem is are Poole looking for a league winning team or are they looking to build an asset base and have these young Aussies with a view to the future. Say for example we signed Keleher (who seems the obvious choice of what is openly available and probably the fav based on his comments about ready to do Uk )and then combine with any one of Kennedy (personally doubt he would be the choice) or one of the up and coming youngsters such as Gilmore/Jed List or another young up and coming 17 year old Jacob Hook. Hook just beat List in an exciting Final U21 meeting recently and both look potential young talents as List only recently turned 18 in Nov.

If you factor in an exciting looking Gilmore at 19 - plus he is signed for next 2 years by Steiner (POL Lge 2 - Leszno's nursery club)  - plus he did well in the few meetings he rode for them in 2019 when on a short visit to Europe.

Would the problem not be that we would have a long tail with Nielsen/Josh Mac plus another 2 Aussies ??. Some riders with poss exciting futures but we could pay dearly in some meetings and in our attempt to make the play offs. The flip side is we only have (to my knowledge based on the official final GSA's) 8.97 left anyway which means we cant sign a 5 pointer and a 4 pointer anyway (by 0.03) which kind of narrows the options.

As for the comment from someone about Todd Kurtz plus say Hume, I personally think that will be more of an enforced situation on what's left available as Kurtz is the near enough only  established Champ rider (besides Bjerre) not to have signed for a Champ team.

Not an easy one as comes down to do you want to see 2 young Aussies with potential to improve or a steady 5 pointer (which is all Kurtz is) plus a N/L rider to squeeze into the 8.97 left available.

Of course the other BIG question on the Aussies is do they want to come over (besides Keleher/Kennedy who are 26/21) when so young. We know List only lasted a few weeks in 2019 before being emptied but he was only 17 and maybe a bit unfair as perhaps not ready and so far from home. He looked fast in the U21 meeting going 5 rides unbeaten and only just lost to Hook in the Final.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

The flip side is we only have (to my knowledge based on the official final GSA's) 8.97 left anyway which means we cant sign a 5 pointer and a 4 pointer anyway (by 0.03) which kind of narrows the options.

There is a way, if one of them qualifies for the 2.5% British reduction!

With 8.96 left, Hume (3.17) and a 5 or 5.2 (Jeppesen) Dane would be better future investments than Kurtz, Greaves, Kennedy or Keleher (aged 26).

Take no notice of Dick (head) Barrie and his suggestions of Keleher being a better prospect than Kennedy. He isnt. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, DC2 said:

With 8.96 left, Hume (3.17) and a 5 or 5.2 (Jeppesen) Dane would be better future investments than Kurtz, Greaves, Kennedy or Keleher (aged 26).

Jeppesen has potential for sure and just 3 days short of being 22.

Considering Hansen was a problem (we are told due to problems getting a mechanic) and could it be similar with Jeppesen also maybe a question of lack of sponsers ?? I am just guessing but he would have been an obvious choice when Hansen allegedly blew out having originally said he wanted to come over. It could be money again of course as with all the flying in and out costs - mechanic -  equip - sponsors - accommodation etc and with Poole's allegedly tight budget (we assume), maybe it was considered but became a non starter ??. You could argue similar maybe with other promising up and coming Euro stars who would have been on a 5 like Young but exciting looking Jan Kvech the Young Czech who burst on to the World U21 scene big time in 2019.

For me Keleher in main body is a risk. He has good backing/sponsors it seems and bigs things up on his social media, but is he really another Josh Mac/Zane Kennedy but without any experience on UK tracks which at least both of them have one season. We are already exposed in one position with Nielsen who I see more of a guy to go in and out of reserve as one of our reserves hopefully bangs in plenty of points against especially the N/L reserves named so is an ideal switch (plus Josh finished at number 2 at Sheffield end of 2019). 

If you look at Leicester they have a really decent top 5 plus 2 weak reserves who could improve or be replaced but the top 5 will hold their own. We have a top 3 plus 2 x  4 pointers with only 8.97 left leaving us open one way or another imo.

Rumours on here indicate the Fords are seeing how Aussie Champs but if you dig  deeper as i did the options are very limited with not even Gilmour in any of the 5 meetings, as only one of 3 reserves and has been injured the last month or so.

Get the impression the Bjerre knock back has knocked their plans if you also consider the Hansen issue as well. 

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Jeppesen has potential for sure and just 3 days short of being 22.

Considering Hansen was a problem (we are told due to problems getting a mechanic) and could it be similar with Jeppesen also maybe a question of lack of sponsers ?? I am just guessing but he would have been an obvious choice when Hansen allegedly blew out having originally said he wanted to come over. It could be money again of course as with all the flying in and out costs - mechanic -  equip - sponsors - accommodation etc and with Poole's allegedly tight budget (we assume), maybe it was considered but became a non starter ??. You could argue similar maybe with other promising up and coming Euro stars who would have been on a 5 like Young but exciting looking Jan Kvech the Young Czech who burst on to the World U21 scene big time in 2019.

For me Keleher in main body is a risk. He has good backing/sponsors it seems and bigs things up on his social media, but is he really another Josh Mac/Zane Kennedy but without any experience on UK tracks which at least both of them have one season. We are already exposed in one position with Nielsen who I see more of a guy to go in and out of reserve as one of our reserves hopefully bangs in plenty of points against especially the N/L reserves named so is an ideal switch (plus Josh finished at number 2 at Sheffield end of 2019). 

If you look at Leicester they have a really decent top 5 plus 2 weak reserves who could improve or be replaced but the top 5 will hold their own. We have a top 3 plus 2 x  4 pointers with only 8.97 left leaving us open one way or another imo.

Rumours on here indicate the Fords are seeing how Aussie Champs but if you dig  deeper as i did the options are very limited with not even Gilmour in any of the 5 meetings, as only one of 3 reserves and has been injured the last month or so.

Get the impression the Bjerre knock back has knocked their plans if you also consider the Hansen issue as well. 

The DMU agreement usually only requires the club to be responsible for returning to Denmark for O19, O21 and Danish Championships only. The rest of their trips home is down to the rider. In the opposite corner is the SVEMO agreement, which puts a limit on the cost of all meetings, and once reached the rider is responsible for them. Could have changed, but that is the difference between the Scandinavian nations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Take no notice of Dick (head) Barrie and his suggestions of Keleher being a better prospect than Kennedy. He isnt. 

Saw Kennedy a couple of times last season though he was decent worth a punt .IMO

• Like 1

Probably been asked before, but what will the race night be for Pirates, as I hope it will be a long weekend down south against Bournemouth as well. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Coraldon said:

Probably been asked before, but what will the race night be for Pirates, as I hope it will be a long weekend down south against Bournemouth as well. Thanks

I think it'll have to be a very loooooong weekend. i.e. assuming Wednesday is part of your weekend.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coraldon said:

Oh well!, thanks for the bad news, looks like separate journies, to Kent, Bournemouth, and Poole.

Just one question. In which league does Bournemouth compete? :blink:

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

Dick will have his 10% built in  no doubt.

King,       Nielsen,  , Ellis, ,  Jeppesen ,  Worrall,  , Macdonald,  Hume    would that look half decent.???              Going back to the Australian's  Cook, Macdonald, Kennedy, Zeleher, , Thomsen, how many of those will average six .? If i had a punt i  think Gilmore could end up riding for Poole at some stage and he would be a terrific asset longterm.