British Speedway Forum

I’m no Poole speedway lover but to be fair to them their job is to build as strong a side as they can within the points limit and rules and regs ( :D ) and if there is nothing to say they have to have X number of young Brits in their side then they are not obliged to do so. Also it’s their first season at this level so they probably deserve a little slack although I do acknowledge that generally they have done two fifths of very little in recent years towards youth development. 

if poole are to remain in the championship for the foreseeable future then spotting and developing the best young british prospects should now be one of the promoters prioritys,need to be able to bring in good youngsters to fill future reserve positions,not been pooles forte in the past but times change,im sure theyre on it.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Gambo said:

You mean like MOST Premiership clubs hosted a Youth meeting, but only Poole refused to run one in2019! :angry:

Poole didn't just simply refuse. There were other issues - not least that Poole were scheduled at an away Premiership meeting at Swindon (I think) on the date given to them. 

In my opinion it should not be upto the Premiership clubs to directly assist the young rider development. There have been plenty of examples of young Brits included in SGBP teams only to become totally disillusioned as they were out of their depth (It happened twice to James Shanes for example) - this should be a properly structured and approved NL/SGBC responsibility in the first instance which I would hope the now SGBC clubs including Poole would support. 

As well as having strong Poole connections with the youngsters via Neil Vatcher, Wessex Marine and Meridian Lifts over many past seasons, some would say that is plentiful support!!!?;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole didn't just simply refuse. There were other issues - not least that Poole were scheduled at an away Premiership meeting at Swindon (I think) on the date given to them. 

I think the actual reason given was that it would not be economically viable! They refused! They did not offer an alternative date. 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

I think the actual reason given was that it would not be economically viable! They refused! They did not offer an alternative date. 

There were other issues, but that then helped the decusion.

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

if poole are to remain in the championship for the foreseeable future then spotting and developing the best young british prospects should now be one of the promoters prioritys,need to be able to bring in good youngsters to fill future reserve positions,not been pooles forte in the past but times change,im sure theyre on it.

I agree. But you know as well as i do its a cost factor nowadays.  Good sponsorship for kids is hard to come by and the bank of mum and dad only streches so far. And they have to shell out the same sort of money as the pros. All bar the engines od course. the kids are pretty much bog standard. but still cost.

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I agree. But you know as well as i do its a cost factor nowadays.  Good sponsorship for kids is hard to come by and the bank of mum and dad only streches so far. And they have to shell out the same sort of money as the pros. All bar the engines od course. the kids are pretty much bog standard. but still cost.

what the hell does bog standard mean in your eyes then so insulting for young lads trying to make there way in racing speedway

19 minutes ago, ray c said:

what the hell does bog standard mean in your eyes then so insulting for young lads trying to make there way in racing speedway

And i didnt think you were that stupid..

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

And i didnt think you were that stupid..

explain because you have lost me and probably a few more  as well 

23 minutes ago, ray c said:

explain because you have lost me and probably a few more  as well 

i actually pre-empted his stupidity and read it as the "kits" are bog standard meaning there are quite a few basic bits that are generally the same cost.

Saying that, the man is a buffoon, so he probably did mean the kids are bog standard actually..

Either way, new year, same old starman 

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Bearing in mind what was happening economically at Poole at that time, then it was probably understandably the best decision!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

i actually pre-empted his stupidity and read it as the "kits" are bog standard meaning there are quite a few basic bits that are generally the same cost.

Saying that, the man is a buffoon, so he probably did mean the kids are bog standard actually..

Either way, new year, same old starman 

I see the trolls are back. Small wonder why i hardly come on here anymore.  And you call me a buffoon  :icon_smile_clown:

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I see the trolls are back. Small wonder why i hardly come on here anymore.  And you call me a buffoon  :icon_smile_clown:

Yes, i do. I would call you something else but you'll go crying to the mods so i will save that. 

If you post something stupid, you have to expect for people to question you, or at least ask for clarification.  That doesn't make them a troll.

1 minute ago, The Doctor... said:

Yes, i do. I would call you something else but you'll go crying to the mods so i will save that. 

If you post something stupid, you have to expect for people to question you, or at least ask for clarification.  That doesn't make them a troll.

No but you are.. Along with Gavan and half this forum.  Your welcome to it..

Half the forum ?

Go and sulk then. I see you haven't even answered the question ray asked, but i guess that may be a struggle for someone like you.