British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Do we know when the last 2 will be announced 

When the Promotion have made their decision during or after the Aussie Championships.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 12:43 PM, poole keith said:

if poole are to remain in the championship for the foreseeable future then spotting and developing the best young british prospects should now be one of the promoters prioritys,need to be able to bring in good youngsters to fill future reserve positions,not been pooles forte in the past but times change,im sure theyre on it.

Poole have always been one of the big names in British Speedway & that is why they signed so many riders on as assets(their registrations) then loaned them out. They did nothing to develop these riders & I would think, 30% of Poole's assets have never ridden for them.

Think you will find a lot of Pooles assets come from the time Rick frost was at Poole and transferred all Peterborough assets to Poole. 

5 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

Think you will find a lot of Pooles assets come from the time Rick frost was at Poole and transferred all Peterborough assets to Poole. 

Exactly what this man/woman said 

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Also Matt Ford went on a bit of a spree in early 2000s. Such as Pepe which we got off ippo. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Also Matt Ford went on a bit of a spree in early 2000s. Such as Pepe which we got off ippo. 

If you mean Piotr Protasiewicz....He was signed from Peterborough at the same time as Ryan Sullivan.

13 hours ago, scottyfan said:

If you mean Piotr Protasiewicz....He was signed from Peterborough at the same time as Ryan Sullivan.

Correct. Getting my clubs mixed up! 

18 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Poole have always been one of the big names in British Speedway & that is why they signed so many riders on as assets(their registrations) then loaned them out. They did nothing to develop these riders & I would think, 30% of Poole's assets have never ridden for them.

but like i say scorpion "times change"

assets if you don't use an asset yourself how can you stop a rider riding for another club total rubbish in my opinion 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

assets if you don't use an asset yourself how can you stop a rider riding for another club total rubbish in my opinion 

OK, Ray - can you cite an example of a rider being stopped riding for another club? 

26 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

OK, Ray - can you cite an example of a rider being stopped riding for another club? 

Brian Havelock, once a promoter at Redcar, stopped Matej Kus signing for Newcastle until they agreed to purchase him which had to go to arbitration. Think he did the same with Aaron Summers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Brian Havelock, once a promoter at Redcar, stopped Matej Kus signing for Newcastle until they agreed to purchase him which had to go to arbitration. Think he did the same with Aaron Summers.

Neither rider was stopped riding.  They went to their chosen club, and the arbitration procedure decided the fee. 

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Neither rider was stopped riding.  They went to their chosen club, and the arbitration procedure decided the fee. 

Pavolaara lasy year for Leicester  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Pavolaara lasy year for Leicester  

Not so.  See Gordon Pairman's very clear explanation of this, and other situations, in the parallel 'Loan Riders' thread running on here. 

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 2