British Speedway Forum

Personally I’d go bowtell over Morley although Morley is the safer option Bowtell is very gutsy and raw ability is there and a very good gater too. 

Just now, TurnTwo said:

Personally I’d go bowtell over Morley although Morley is the safer option Bowtell is very gutsy and raw ability is there and a very good gater too. 

Same with Hume, he seems to always get injured. Where as bowtell usually walks away -even with a dislocated knee at Newcastle I believe! 

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Back in the old national league days Poole always had the knack of unearthing some quality from down under, no reason why we can't do it again 

Neil Street was the eyes and ears in those days.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, sugarray said:

I was just going to say the same thing you beat me to it :t::)

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, sugarray said:

I think probably boysie or even Darcy could be the eyes and ears now 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I think probably boysie or even Darcy could be the eyes and ears now 

Boycey, Darcy and Crump are all Matt's eyes and ears in OZ - even Leigh Adams and Rod Colquhoun too!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, poole keith said:

think our young inexperienced co-promoters might have been left behind a bit, but cant see two young aussies is the best option,also not cheap (air flights,vans,accomodation,engines etc)especially if its times two,dont agree with the asset argument, big financial outlay for only possible long term return,also increasing the asset base would put the cost of buying the club up,why increase the price when its not selling at current asking price?

Its Matt who is putting the 1-7 together for 2020!!  Danny is the spokesperson.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Boycey, Darcy and Crump are all Matt's eyes and ears in OZ - even Leigh Adams and Rod Colquhoun too!

Bet that comment makes them feel great :blink:

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Bet that comment makes them feel great :blink:

They have wider responsibilities than just MF and Poole!!!;)

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 10:27 AM, TurnTwo said:

I just had a quick look at the forum views. Could this be a master stroke of trying to revive interest in the Poole camp? For example look at Eastbourne announcing their team first 20,000 views. Poole incomplete 140,000 views... people are certainly talking about Poole. (I understand some interest would have been caused by their drop down but still 120000 views more?)

It also contains a lot of bitchiness & hatred towards Poole from certain posters with huge ego's & chips on shoulders rather than speedway talk. Also, why have they still a thread in the Premiership section, although there has been no more posts since it was mentioned before Christmas.

36 minutes ago, Supernova1993 said:

Poole in the brown stuff by the sound of things. Teams plans must have gone up in smoke on more than one occasion. 

Well Keleher confirmed out of series after crash in round 2 and head injury, so doesn't want to risk it. So in 3 rides over the first 2 rounds - zero points. looking at his fb comments get impression he thinks it may have cost him a UK place. In honesty I think most of the  established riders would have beat him anyway if the likes of Medson/Ben Cook & Morrison anything to go by. Points by these guys mainly earned on back of falls/excl or ef by established riders or against the above lower guys/reserves.

Was thinking that if we can't get one of the new Aussies or one of the best youngsters like Gilmore who is the best of the under 20 riders, we could maybe do worse than young Zane Kennedy who had a fairly ok first season (similar to Stewarts first season in 2018) and finished as Sheffield's rider of the season which not a bad feat in your first season and still only 21.

It could be that Keleher appeals/ed because he looks like he has decent sponsors behind him - an all singing & dancing website own racing brand etc which may reduce cost ?? Plus Dick Barrie commented he looks a decent talent. It's a risk though having never ridden here.

What we also don't know is whether the Kurtz route is still open if the other options fall down and would he be too happy to be a choice more forced than actually wanted/preferred.

But of course we do allegedly have all the ex top Aussie guys now based in Aussie looking out for the best talent for Poole, so be interesting to see if/what they come up with and do they want to do UK anyway ??

Be interesting to see if anything  comes out of the Aussie U21 meeting in 10/11 days to see if one of their exciting talents comes forth. Hook excluded himself as finishing school in 2020 and will base in POL in 2021. Similar with Rew who will do POL/DK in 2020 and think base in DK like 2019 before his bad injury. Will Gilmore even be fit for the meeting after his broken wrist from 5th Nov. Although he has nothing to prove after 2 World junior Champ final wins in Europe and looks an exciting talent. If he even wants to do Champ or go down the Lidsey route of POL and then UK Prem.

Going to be interesting to see what comes out over coming weeks.

don't know what average Gino Manzares would come in on ,but he would do a good job for Poole .At  Scunthorpe he was beset with injury and personal problems but the last two months he was in great form scoring points everywhere 

48 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

don't know what average Gino Manzares would come in on ,but he would do a good job for Poole .At  Scunthorpe he was beset with injury and personal problems but the last two months he was in great form scoring points everywhere 

Not convinced Manzares will ever make it big in the sport and feel would struggle just as he did some years ago. Maybe should stay with the change of career he embarked on.

Think there are better options even at this stage. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Not convinced Manzares will ever make it big in the sport and feel would struggle just as he did some years ago. Maybe should stay with the change of career he embarked on.

Think there are better options even at this stage. 

lots of riders will not make it big in the sport but you still need that type of riders when teams are run on averages ps gino not riding uk this year coming 2021 apparently 

I thought Manzares was coming over for a couple of weeks at the start of the season to showcase his pitch at a few tracks including Poole for a 2021 team place?!

The Kurtz and Middleditch families are very close so anything is possible there.

Interesting article in the SS this week which reckons Poole only have 8.25 points left to play with??!!