British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought Manzares was coming over for a couple of weeks at the start of the season to showcase his pitch at a few tracks including Poole for a 2021 team place?!

The Kurtz and Middleditch families are very close so anything is possible there.

Interesting article in the SS this week which reckons Poole only have 8.25 points left to play with??!!

Hmmm.

I've been checking the stats over and again the last 6/8 weeks as per the final and official GSA sheets and with our 4 Brits getting their 2.5% reductions (which I assume they still do ??), then we were left with 8.97. That's why Bjerre on a bargain 5.87 and Bowtell on 3.10 (or 3.02 with the 2.5%) fitted so perfectly into that total. Also the alleged move for Grondal on 5.04 IF he could have got a 2019 injury reduction would have got him to 4.91 leaving 4.06 which left the door open for another young Aussie or say Kennedy/Keleher on 4. I assume that Grondal did not qualify for the reduction which perhaps why such a move was dropped. Unless Grondal was a big smoke screen ??.

If it really was 8.25 then that really would mess us up IF Kurtz was being considered on his FULL 5.43 as only leaves 2.82 for a N/L rookie/young rider. More likely to force us down the 2 x 4 point addl Aussie route.

Can't be right - can it ?????

If you can fit him in zaine would be a good one to get looked very promising at Sheffield in the young guns meeting a couple of years ago . Did nt have too bad a season last year to say it was his 1st full year 

5 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

If you can fit him in zaine would be a good one to get looked very promising at Sheffield in the young guns meeting a couple of years ago . Did nt have too bad a season last year to say it was his 1st full year 

Think Kennedy was a bit miffed he was not asked back in 2020 after a promising first season, BUT they did move up and with the points conv Champ to Prem they went for the more experienced rider in Kurtz who comes in low with his GSA after the conv. 

If you look at that video where he overtook both Wells & Pickering at Sheffield and factor in the club must have seen something to make him rider of the season despite only a 4 point first season GSA - The fact he is only 21, I am surprised another team didn't go for him. Could  develop like Jordan Stewart or may be anything going forward. 

Throw him in the reserve slot and consider how he would do against the other reserves named for 2020. If you look at the 2020 Champ teams reserves on the SGP site I think he would beat most if not all of them in most meeting. There are a lot of young inexperienced reserves in their and some not so young, so a rider of his ability could score well and boost confidence going forward.

Bearing in mind he also only came over part way thru last season and finished as No. 2 in the side.

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 2

Also on Kennedy, I didnt realise that he was injured at one stage riding for Sheff so missed a number of meetings.

Worth looking at Zaine Kennedy Racing FB page and scrolling back, as there are some decent races with him on there going back to Mar/April and he scored both decent points plus beat some decent riders. I can see why they say he is a never give up rider.

Think I am convincing myself here that he could be a decent rider given an injury free run.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Hmmm.

I've been checking the stats over and again the last 6/8 weeks as per the final and official GSA sheets and with our 4 Brits getting their 2.5% reductions (which I assume they still do ??), then we were left with 8.97. That's why Bjerre on a bargain 5.87 and Bowtell on 3.10 (or 3.02 with the 2.5%) fitted so perfectly into that total. Also the alleged move for Grondal on 5.04 IF he could have got a 2019 injury reduction would have got him to 4.91 leaving 4.06 which left the door open for another young Aussie or say Kennedy/Keleher on 4. I assume that Grondal did not qualify for the reduction which perhaps why such a move was dropped. Unless Grondal was a big smoke screen ??.

If it really was 8.25 then that really would mess us up IF Kurtz was being considered on his FULL 5.43 as only leaves 2.82 for a N/L rookie/young rider. More likely to force us down the 2 x 4 point addl Aussie route.

Can't be right - can it ?????

The Star does like to use CMAs rather than GSAs so who knows?!

Plus of course we are all still using the 2019 racing regs as the 2020 version is not public yet!!

Edited by Skidder1

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

With the news of Härtel going to lynn what about Fienhage? 

Can't see it somehow and would be a risky 5 pointer anyway.

I see he has signed contracts in Swe/Germany and also in POL Lge 2 for 2020. Add in his interest in Longtrack plus all the U21 meetings as he still qualifies for being 20. Can't see him fitting in UK even if there was interest.

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

With the news of Härtel going to lynn what about Fienhage? 

Couldn't Hartel double down? He's only 21 y.o.

His final 2018 Championship average with Ippo was 5.20* (*assessed) but he only did a few meetings before getting injured in LongTrack!!

33 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Couldn't Hartel double down? He's only 21 y.o.

His final 2018 Championship average with Ippo was 5.20* (*assessed) but he only did a few meetings before getting injured in LongTrack!!

I assume he could. But in the 5 meetings he did ride he did only av 4 per meeting. 4.32 at home and 3.5 away.

I see on his FB page he has signed up for 4 Leagues in 2020. The Danish  - Both 1st and 2nd Div German Leagues & now KL in UK. May not want to take on a 32 Champ season plus KO Cup and poss play offs if he will also do other meetings on the Cont riding maybe for Germany as well ??

I think that's the problem with a lot of these promising young Continental riders. They can get contracts in POL/DK/Ger/SWE (especially with some of the top riders not doing SWE) and not have to fly in and out of the UK on top.A lot of these places they drive to as good road connections as well using local ferries and bridge connections between DK & SWE.

Shame we could not have secured the likes of Hansen/Jeppesen/Kvech who are all better riders. Hansen seemed so close but I heard he could not find a mechanic as was ready to come over. Maybe it also only works for them financially for the bigger money in the Prem rather than Champ ??.

Even some of the young Aussies we have been talking about seem happy to base in POL/DK and ride continent only before trying to jump into the Prem when good enough.

On 1/8/2020 at 3:41 PM, Arthur54 said:

Back in the old national league days Poole always had the knack of unearthing some quality from down under, no reason why we can't do it again 

Who????????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

A lot of these places they drive to, as good road connections as well using local ferries and bridge connections

There is the Chunnel. I don't think they're going to fill it in now we've (nearly) left the EU.

Alright. I'll get my coat (again). :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Also Gary Allan ( New Zealand I know) Mark Lemon.

Not forgetting a certain Jason Crump:t: