British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, scottyfan said:

Not forgetting a certain Jason Crump:t:

That was 91 tho wasn't it ? , so top league by then.. i remember seeing him as a wobbler in the second half against Cradley that year or even possibly 92 - na 91 i reckon.

Edited by The Doctor...

1992 was his first season, at Peterborough wasn’t it? Increased his average massively and they won the league. Then he was at Swindon in 93 and Poole in 94 when he made the World Final! Rapid progress in those early years. 

• Like 1

REMINDER: Pirates Riders Equipment Fund (R.E.F.) Speedway quiznight is next Wednesday 15th January at the Stadium.

New Club Captain Danny King will be there as will Co-Promoter Danny Ford who will be making two major announcements!!??

Will it be the 2 remaining riders or clarification on the Team Manager and Main Sponsor for 2020??

Edited by Skidder1

That was 91 tho wasn't it ? , so top league by then.. i remember seeing him as a wobbler in the second half against Cradley that year or even possibly 92 - na 91 i reckon.

The common link with most of the riders named is Neil Street. It wasn't just the Aussies he advised/coached/nurtured a few others that spring to mind include: Simon Wigg, Simon Cross, Steve Schofield, Scott Nicholls, N.K.I. Neil was much more than a team manager, sadly he was never accredited or rewarded for his dedication to the sport in the U.K. unlike he was in Australia. This didn't bother him as he did for the love of the sport.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

The common link with most of the riders named is Neil Street. It wasn't just the Aussies he advised/coached/nurtured a few others that spring to mind include: Simon Wigg, Simon Cross, Steve Schofield, Scott Nicholls, N.K.I. Neil was much more than a team manager, sadly he was never accredited or rewarded for his dedication to the sport in the U.K. unlike he was in Australia. This didn't bother him as he did for the love of the sport.

Absolutely correct. A total gent.  Something that can't be said of certain modern day sycophants in the sport. 

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

1992 was his first season, at Peterborough wasn’t it? Increased his average massively and they won the league. Then he was at Swindon in 93 and Poole in 94 when he made the World Final! Rapid progress in those early years. 

Probably right, it was definitely a second half i saw him in at Poole but don't think it was an actual team event. So yeh PB was his first legit season i guess.

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

Absolutely correct. A total gent.  Something that can't be said of certain modern day sycophants in the sport. 

Probably right, it was definitely a second half i saw him in at Poole but don't think it was an actual team event. So yeh PB was his first legit season i guess.

Jason second half racing started  against  Justin elkins I think

38 minutes ago, ray c said:

Jason second half racing started  against  Justin elkins I think

I think they rode demonstration races during the interval against one another in 89 or 90 as they were only 14 or 15 at the time?

8 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

I think they rode demonstration races during the interval against one another in 89 or 90 as they were only 14 or 15 at the time?

that's is correct cant think who won though:t:

10 hours ago, ray c said:

that's is correct cant think who won though:t:

I’m pretty sure Elkins won most if not all of their match races......But we know who went on to be the better rider:t:

4 hours ago, scottyfan said:

I’m pretty sure Elkins won most if not all of their match races......But we know who went on to be the better rider:t:

happy days don't you think:t:

1 hour ago, ArthurRudge said:

Justin Elkins and Martin Willis jesus you can put them two in the same catergory

don't think so martin was a shade better than Justin 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArthurRudge said:

Justin Elkins and Martin Willis jesus you can put them two in the same catergory

Where does Martin Willis come into this :blink: