British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, ray c said:

don't think so martin was a shade better than Justin 

Mad to think how many clubs Elkins had over the years.  Had he been around now he would never have lasted imo. 

This forum alone would have put him in the loony bin with the mocking and criticism he would have got.  

51 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Mad to think how many clubs Elkins had over the years.  Had he been around now he would never have lasted imo. 

This forum alone would have put him in the loony bin with the mocking and criticism he would have got.  

Yes. Justin Elkins ef.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 7:25 PM, Trackrat said:

Who????????

On 1/10/2020 at 11:33 PM, Fromafar said:

Langdon,Adams,Boyce.

I read the response as sarcasm, as per. 

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

As a 15 year old he looked a superb prospect.  What went wrong ??? 

I'm sure others will give better answers than me, but to me it just looked like plain fear.

If he didn't have a clear track ahead of him, he looked like he got spooked very easy, bailing out as soon as riders started to bunch up around him. 

Ironically, a few of his retirements at Smallmead were downright dangerous almost causing crashes in themselves.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

As a 15 year old he looked a superb prospect.  What went wrong ??? 

His Dad! 

Michael Lee famously built a motor for him. All they had to do was adjust timings etc, as normal. 

His Dad decided to strip the engine down and put it back HIS way. The results told you all you needed to know.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

What would you be left with if you signed Jan Kvech? Enough for an aussie or not?

If he came in on a 5 assessed av I calculate we only have 3.97 left. Meaning no.

That's base don what the FINAL GSA sheets show on the SGB website less the 2.5% reduction for British riders.

5 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Kvech will be very very unlikely and not interested in British Speedway.

That's what i thought some while ago. Although would love to see him at Poole.

Seems a similar story with most of the really good Europeans/Scandinavians. I am sure plenty of the not so good happy to come here on inflated av of 5 which they won't get near in their first or second seasons. A look at most of the young Danes who are not top class will tell you that if you check back on recent Champ stats.

I wonder if Poole will announce the last rider/s on Wed at the REF meeting ???

The cleverly worded release from Danny Ford mentioned 2 major announcements but was somewhat evasive on any clues in relation to riders, and can't find the news released to the Echo. It may be totally unrelated to riders as we know they use the media to maximum effect if they feel they have rider news coming forth.

Maybe it is in relation to the Team Management situation/Team sponsors or also perhaps this new meeting streaming idea that was being mentioned.

Would be good to hear how the rider situation is going though. The Aussie champs gave no clue really with Keleher injured and nobody else who may be available impressing. The U21 champ is only one meeting later this month and besides Gilmore or maybe List can't think of any others who might be good enough & available. Hook already confirmed staying in Aussie for 2020. Wonder if Zaine Kennedy back on the radar after missing out at Sheff with their move up ??

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2020 at 11:33 PM, Fromafar said:

Langdon,Adams,Boyce.

Tony Langdon lol. Nothing in the last 30 years then. Some hot talent production line that lol.

35 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I wonder if Poole will announce the last rider/s on Wed at the REF meeting ???

The cleverly worded release from Danny Ford mentioned 2 major announcements but was somewhat evasive on any clues in relation to riders, and can't find the news released to the Echo. It may be totally unrelated to riders as we know they use the media to maximum effect if they feel they have rider news coming forth.

Maybe it is in relation to the Team Management situation/Team sponsors or also perhaps this new meeting streaming idea that was being mentioned.

Would be good to hear how the rider situation is going though. The Aussie champs gave no clue really with Keleher injured and nobody else who may be available impressing. The U21 champ is only one meeting later this month and besides Gilmore or maybe List can't think of any others who might be good enough & available. Hook already confirmed staying in Aussie for 2020. Wonder if Zaine Kennedy back on the radar after missing out at Sheff with their move up ??

You've hit the Rider nail on the head. 

If they were waiting for anything worthwhile from Aussie Championships - looks like the cupboard of anything really interesting emerging in 2020 is very bare of ones who haven't already been tried or who don't want to come over.

Start looking at who IS available !

18 minutes ago, HGould said:

You've hit the Rider nail on the head. 

If they were waiting for anything worthwhile from Aussie Championships - looks like the cupboard of anything really interesting emerging in 2020 is very bare of ones who haven't already been tried or who don't want to come over.

Start looking at who IS available !

I think you come back to what is the best mix IF you do have 8.97 points left available.

We know Kennedy is available as he was not happy at missing out at Sheff with the move up. Him plus N/L heat leader is a poss option. As are 2 Aussies. That could give us a strong reserve pairing if its a combo of say either Josh Mac/Zaine Kennedy or someone of the potential of Gilmore if he was interested.

The other option is a 5 point European/Scandinavian rider, but possibly may struggle if he is not one of the established World U21 youngsters coming through like a Kvech/Hansen/Jeppesen  plus again a N/L heat-leader/Champ reserve like Morley/Hume/Wood or even Bowtell.

My thoughts are more sold on the 2 Aussie option IF none of the decent young Euro/Scand riders don't want to come over. Kennedy at times looked decent in his first season (his FB page which has a good few of his races shows that and he was Sheff rider of the season).

It's not easy finding the right riders or mix for those last 2 places so lets hope Poole are in an advanced position to sort it.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
amended sentence
  • Like 1