British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Tony Langdon lol. Nothing in the last 30 years then. Some hot talent production line that lol.

:t:

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think you come back to what is the best mix IF you do have 8.97 points left available.

We know Kennedy is available as he was not happy at missing out at Sheff with the move up. Him plus N/L heat leader is a poss option. As are 2 Aussies. That could give us a strong reserve pairing if its a combo of say either Josh Mac/Zaine Kennedy or someone of the potential of Gilmore if he was interested.

The other option is a 5 point European/Scandinavian rider, but possibly may struggle if he is not one of the established World U21 youngsters coming through like a Kvech/Hansen/Jeppesen  plus again a N/L heat-leader/Champ reserve like Morley/Hume/Wood or even Bowtell.

My thoughts are more sold on the 2 Aussie option IF none of the decent young Euro/Scand riders don't want to come over. Kennedy at times looked decent in his first season (his FB page which has a good few of his races shows that and he was Sheff rider of the season).

It's not easy finding the right riders or mix for those last 2 places so lets hope Poole are in an advanced position to sort it.

Kennedy and Ben Morley would be safe option as both have experience of tracks and Morley would have added desire to stick one across 2 nearest rivals, one who ditched him last year and one he may think should have taken on this year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Tony Langdon lol. Nothing in the last 30 years then. Some hot talent production line that lol.

Holder, Ward 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Holder, Ward 

I assume by Holder you mean Chris?

If so, didn't he ride for IOW for two (+?) seasons before moving up with Poole. Although if my memory is right, there was a grey area that Poole paid the flight costs etc. so IOW could train him up first :unsure:

Darcy was purchased from Kings Lynn having had a successful spell with them in the lower division 

So neither literally landed in UK and went straight into the Poole side, they gained experience elsewhere first. Whereas Tony Langdon, Leigh Adams and Craig Boyce all started at Poole in what was then the National League back in the 1980s

Please feel free to correct me on any of the above or add further info (on the off-chance it was all a strange dream!)

43 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Poole didn't discover them, certainly not Chris Holder.

nor darcy

Poole paid for Chris Holder to start his career in UK and then loaned him to IOW to gain experience.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Kennedy and Ben Morley would be safe option as both have experience of tracks and Morley would have added desire to stick one across 2 nearest rivals, one who ditched him last year and one he may think should have taken on this year.

Seeing that Ben Morley has spent the last 2 seasons riding at number 2 for both Lakeside & Eastbourne a stint at reserve could be a good move. Also with his experience in the Championship & being a consistent high scorer in the National League with over a 9 point average where he was the riders champion in 2018 he has the beating of most of the other reserves in the League who have moved up this season.

For the last 2 years as well as riding at the big Isle of Wight track in the National League it has made him a better rider of bigger circuits & expelled the myths that he is only a small track rider. I can remember him beating Scott Nicholls at Peterborough & NBJ at Berwick in 2018.

Edited by dave1075
  • Like 1

Gino Manzares has just won a visa... :blink:

1 minute ago, Jason.C said:

Gino Manzares has just won a visa... :blink:

Just? Four months ago by my reckoning

Just now, arnieg said:

Just? Four months ago by my reckoning

Just as he had to finish in the top Four of his national championship, who he did at the weekend 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Just as he had to finish in the top Four of his national championship, who he did at the weekend 

Nope the national championship was over three rounds, the last being at Auburn in Seltember.   Last weekend meeting was  NOT the National championship - it was for determining the two riders who will get places in the GP qualifying rounds.

Details here: https://www.speedwaybikes.com/res2019_w/FastFridays-20190921.htm

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Nope the national championship was over three rounds, the last being at Auburn in Seltember.   Last weekend meeting was  NOT the National championship - it was for determining the two riders who will get places in the GP qualifying rounds.

Details here: https://www.speedwaybikes.com/res2019_w/FastFridays-20190921.htm

Interesting, thanks for the link. Speedway gp website has conflicting information then it seems? 

https://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/8043/becker-into-sgp-qualifiers