British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Jason.C said:

Interesting, thanks for the link. Speedway gp website has conflicting information then it seems? 

https://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/8043/becker-into-sgp-qualifiers

Latest news from the Poole promotion.. all race day track staff & volunteers have to re_apply for there positions for next season !! Are they inundated with staff ? If some of them don't get there jobs back.. we could do with some extra body's at Newcastle for the next few weeks months etc starting this Sunday ( plenty to do ) yous will be made very welcome but wrap up warm tho 

21 hours ago, RedRock18 said:

I assume by Holder you mean Chris?

If so, didn't he ride for IOW for two (+?) seasons before moving up with Poole. Although if my memory is right, there was a grey area that Poole paid the flight costs etc. so IOW could train him up first :unsure:

Darcy was purchased from Kings Lynn having had a successful spell with them in the lower division 

So neither literally landed in UK and went straight into the Poole side, they gained experience elsewhere first. Whereas Tony Langdon, Leigh Adams and Craig Boyce all started at Poole in what was then the National League back in the 1980s

Please feel free to correct me on any of the above or add further info (on the off-chance it was all a strange dream!)

Jack and Brady the most recent one's 

Considering all 5 of our named signings were known well in advance by many on this and others teams forums, well before Poole announced them, are there any sensible rumours out there as to who our last 2 signings may be ??

Some of us have indulged in comments re 2 Aussies at 4 points  each or one plus a N/L heat leader. Not so much re a Continental/Scand rider plus a N/L heat leader other than say Kvech who some feel doesn't want UK (which i tend to agree with). We kind of know Hansen said no due to allegedly not being able to find a mechanic.

Normally at least some of the Forum contributors have their ear to the ground on what might be cooking, but in this case with all the known options kind of already signed up its gone relatively quiet.

Unless of course Poole may not have made much progress ??. Perhaps Wed evening will give us an insight if this is the case if no riders are announced or positive comments are forthcoming out of those 2 major announcements which are allegedly to be made.

Am I right in saying that Nathan Greaves and Danyon Hume are not yet announced by any Championship team?

4 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Am I right in saying that Nathan Greaves and Danyon Hume are not yet announced by any Championship team?

Correct, although Hume has been announced in Leicester N/L team for 2020.

If both of those were announced as our last 2 then for sure Poole would be in the brown stuff. They have 8.97 left by my calc and hope they use wisely. Greaves has been around a long time and never really pushed on. Hume would be an option imo just to finish off if we sign a 5 pointer and even then would you be better off with Morley who signed up with IOW in N/L so a better option maybe. Just opinion of course.

I would hope Poole would try to be more creative in those last 2 signing to create as strong a reserve pairing as possible between Josh Macdonald and the last 2 signings.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Correct, although Hume has been announced in Leicester N/L team for 2020.

If both of those were announced as our last 2 then for sure Poole would be in the brown stuff. They have 8.97 left by my calc and hope they use wisely. Greaves has been around a long time and never really pushed on. Hume would be an option imo just to finish off if we sign a 5 pointer and even then would you be better off with Morley who signed up with IOW in N/L so a better option maybe. Just opinion of course.

I would hope Poole would try to be more creative in those last 2 signing to create as strong a reserve pairing as possible between Josh Macdonald and the last 2 signings.

I certainly wouldn't advocate signing the both of them!

13 minutes ago, Cross Roads said:

On a separate any track changes planned pre the new season....

Danny Ford did say at an earlier fans gathering that he would m ake a decision on track changes after speaking with the 'experts'!!  At the time he also did say that Nicolai Klindt stated the track was the best it had been in his time at Poole during the final weeks of the season!!!

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Considering all 5 of our named signings were known well in advance by many on this and others teams forums, well before Poole announced them, are there any sensible rumours out there as to who our last 2 signings may be ??

Some of us have indulged in comments re 2 Aussies at 4 points  each or one plus a N/L heat leader. Not so much re a Continental/Scand rider plus a N/L heat leader other than say Kvech who some feel doesn't want UK (which i tend to agree with). We kind of know Hansen said no due to allegedly not being able to find a mechanic.

Normally at least some of the Forum contributors have their ear to the ground on what might be cooking, but in this case with all the known options kind of already signed up its gone relatively quiet.

Unless of course Poole may not have made much progress ??. Perhaps Wed evening will give us an insight if this is the case if no riders are announced or positive comments are forthcoming out of those 2 major announcements which are allegedly to be made.

Nothing 'allegedly' about the announcements - its clearly stated on the club website.

In the spirit of using several words when a couple will do, how about Todd Kurtz and Alfie Bowtell to start the season with the opportunity to change one or another after the first set of GSAs?!;):D

Although I don't actually believe the announcements will be riders, especially after Danny Ford said only a few days ago that they would not be rushed!!!!  But we'll see..........

Edited by Skidder1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Danny Ford did say at an earlier fans gathering that he would m ake a decision on track changes after speaking with the 'experts'!!  At the time he also did say that Nicolai Klindt stated the track was the best it had been in his time at Poole during the final weeks of the season!!!

Hope it's not the same "experts" that did it last time. I take his answer as a no then. :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hope it's not the same "experts" that did it last time. I take his answer as a no then. :P

I'm sure Danny King, Steve Worrall and Adam Ellis will have some input, especially as it rode so well at the end of the season.!

Edited by Skidder1

So NK said it was the best it's been in the last few weeks but it's not saying it does not want a lot more work and to keep on top of it?

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm sure Danny King, Steve Worrall and Adam Ellis will have some input!"!

Saying that the track is bumpy/rutty/wavy is the easy bit. You need a track expert and ££ to fix it, not riders;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing 'allegedly' about the announcements - its clearly stated on the club website.

In the spirit of using several words when a couple will do, how about Todd Kurtz and Alfie Bowtell to start the season with the opportunity to change one or another after the first set of GSAs?!;):D

Although I don't actually believe the announcements will be riders, especially after Danny Ford said only a few days ago that they would not be rushed!!!!  But we'll see..........

Kurtz and Bowtell for me Skidder your side would look pretty vulnerable with those two making up the side.I presume Poole are not going to get a Hansen,Kvech, Gilmore (etc) I think they will try to take a punt on a Aussie probably Keleher.Without getting the targets they wanted i would of gone for Jeppesen/ Hume for the last two options.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

That’s Skidder speak for “there will be no rider announcements tomorrow”. 
So what else could it be? Sponsors? New promoter? Matt coming back full time?

Go on Skidder, you’re usually in the know so give us a clue :D

• Haha 1