British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Kurtz and Bowtell for me Skidder your side would look pretty vulnerable with those two making up the side.I presume Poole are not going to get a Hansen,Kvech, Gilmore (etc) I think they will try to take a punt on a Aussie probably Keleher.Without getting the targets they wanted i would of gone for Jeppesen/ Hume for the last two options.

Zane Keleher is definately the best unsigned Aussie (a) with visa qualification and (B) ready to come over. 

Edited by crescent girl

8 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Zane Keleher is definately the best unsigned Aussie (a) with visa qualification and (B) ready to come over. 

But is he better than Kurtz with the experience Kurtz has of all the tracks and extra rides with Sheffield? 

8 hours ago, crescent girl said:

In my view, Keleher is being over hyped. Interestingly, though, only by a couple of people, and not those that Poole rely on for guidance.  We’ve had plenty of late start ex-moto crossers, but they all take time to get used to only turning left. The plus side with Poole, though, is a rough track won’t put him off :rolleyes:

He’s had a couple of decent state championship though the majority of riders were pretty inexperienced. Looking at the field for his home state championships, he should have walked that, but didn’t take part. 
He was unfortunate at Albury in the Australian championships but maybe inexperience caught him out? That ruled him out completely so he wasn’t able to show how good he is when up against a more competitive field.
We know what Todd Kurtz can do (flashes of brilliance but a dependable 5 pointer) so he looks the easy choice. 
Having said that, I think Poole’s masterplan for CL domination is in the bin and they must be thankful that the transfer restrictions announced yesterday don’t apply to this league. 

Matt Ford must be a great David Bowie fan:

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

i believe one of the announcements tonite will be the offer to fans of massively discounted holidays in a french chateau and the other an appeal for a local carpet fitter prepared to work abroad

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

In my view, Keleher is being over hyped. Interestingly, though, only by a couple of people, and not those that Poole rely on for guidance.  We’ve had plenty of late start ex-moto crossers, but they all take time to get used to only turning left. The plus side with Poole, though, is a rough track won’t put him off :rolleyes:

He’s had a couple of decent state championship though the majority of riders were pretty inexperienced. Looking at the field for his home state championships, he should have walked that, but didn’t take part. 
He was unfortunate at Albury in the Australian championships but maybe inexperience caught him out? That ruled him out completely so he wasn’t able to show how good he is when up against a more competitive field.
We know what Todd Kurtz can do (flashes of brilliance but a dependable 5 pointer) so he looks the easy choice. 
Having said that, I think Poole’s masterplan for CL domination is in the bin and they must be thankful that the transfer restrictions announced yesterday don’t apply to this league. 

Matt Ford must be a great David Bowie fan:

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

The challenge that Matt/Danny have is if they choose a 4 point Aussie reserve, that only leaves them 4.97 for the other 2nd string - assuming we've got all the GSAs and any appropriate reductions correct?!

As for the Todd Kurtz option (5.43) at 2nd string, he has an established regular base, with facilities, at Middlo's, he knows the Poole set-up having been in brother Brady's corner in recent seasons and he's an established Championship 2nd string. In fact he finished as Sheffield's 3rd heat leader last season!!!

That option would then leave 3.54 (+2.5%?) for the final reserve?!

As many have said - correctly - in the past, its not how you start its how you finish!!!

Edited by Skidder1

17 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Kurtz and Bowtell for me Skidder your side would look pretty vulnerable with those two making up the side.I presume Poole are not going to get a Hansen,Kvech, Gilmore (etc) I think they will try to take a punt on a Aussie probably Keleher.Without getting the targets they wanted i would of gone for Jeppesen/ Hume for the last two options.

Jeppesen has contracts in Denmark, Poland and elsewhere so I can't see him in the frame.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Racesuits and Middlo and Havvy team share. Awesome!!! 

So Poole drop down a level with less media coverage & bring back race suits. The mind boggles. 

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

So Poole drop down a level with less media coverage & bring back race suits. The mind boggles. 

Less media coverage??? Poole have some of the best and consistent local and regional media coverage. Add to that the probable new streaming service and 'the job's a good'un'!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Wrong if we don't have them, wrong if we do, just can't win 

• Like 1

Perhaps I should have clarified what I mean. For two season Poole haven’t used race suits in the top league with national media (tv) coverage....BT sports etc. Swindon have used race suits for as long as I can remember & last season were able to incorporate the main sponsor as a colour, for what I understand it was a great success for said sponsor. Team suits also make the sport look more professional (although I understand some won’t agree). Swindon also have auctioned off the team suits at the end of the season. What I don’t understand is what Poole have decided after two years to bring team suits back When the national media coverage isn’t as great. 

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Wrong if we don't have them, wrong if we do, just can't win 

I think all teams should have them. Just baffled why they weren’t used for the past two seasons that’s all. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Less media coverage??? Poole have some of the best and consistent local and regional media coverage. Add to that the probable new streaming service and 'the job's a good'un'!

Fully understand you are a cheerleader for Poole, but this is poor PR. Build stuff up by all means, but this is a huge let down. Tease people but don't raise expectations.

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Your local coverage is waning as the Echo cuts back and then cuts back again on editorial staff. Speedway is now very much a secondary duty for someone rather than a priority.