British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Your local coverage is waning as the Echo cuts back and then cuts back again on editorial staff. Speedway is now very much a secondary duty for someone rather than a priority.

Both tonight's announcements, headlines on the echo Web site 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Both tonight's announcements, headlines on the echo Web site 

Of course, it is repeating PR. The children in newsrooms are very good at copy and paste....rather than doing real reporting.

You might also ask how many people view the Echo these days.

Oh dear, Havvy as Team Manager. :rofl: Good luck with that one,   he could maybe ride a bike in his day, but Team Management skills and interpersonal skills ! He most certainly has not got.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

A couple of years too late but good to see racesuits, hopefully the rest of the Championship who don’t have them already follows suit(s).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

A couple of years too late but good to see racesuits, hopefully the rest of the Championship who don’t have them already follows suit(s).

just asking , do you think team suits help a team to win things . 

easier to follow a certain rider in his own colours than a deck of cards face down .  imo .

• Like 2

Reintroduction of race suits tells me the club is listening to the fans... should be applauded methinks.

• Like 2

Not at all happy with Havelock coming in. 

Never liked him as a rider and even less respect as a person.

• Confused 1

Does have an air of desperation about it.

Fans expecting and led to believe there would be decisions made on final 2 Team places once Australian Finals were over but with nothing to report come up with a big announcement announcement to say Havvy as away team manager and Racesuits is something of a letdown to put it mildly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Fans expecting and led to believe there would be decisions made on final 2 Team places once Australian Finals were over but with nothing to report come up with a big announcement announcement to say Havvy as away team manager and Racesuits is something of a letdown to put it mildly.

I think the issue is, there are wasted points In the team personally I think mcdonald is a poor signing. I have a feeling roynon will come in on a reduced gsa. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Really, Havvy was always in the frame for the joint managers position for the Northern tracks, and Neil does the southern half, he has his dad to think about. And racesuits again were in the offing.  But hey dont you worry about us we will be there come play off time. ;)

Personally I have never had any issue with Havvy, great rider in his day, always pulled out all the stops for his country and nice guy to talk to in my own experience, judging by some comments others haven't had the same experience as myself but I can only speak as I find.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BobC said:

Not at all happy with Havelock coming in. 

Never liked him as a rider and even less respect as a person.

he was the one that brought the club back to life in the late nineties, it was completely dead in the water prior

• Like 1