British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Last I heard he was taking the Courtney’s to court over Berwick situation but that was a couple years ago, seemed to cause more trouble than he was worth in points.

What over? I must have missed something so they not get along? 

5 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Thank you, and more so as I was Promoter at Coventry when he was our team manager!

And I was a fan at Coventry since the late 50s and he was the worst manager we had in my opinion 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

And I was a fan at Coventry since the late 50s and he was the worst manager we had in my opinion 

Don't think there's any doubt about that.

14 hours ago, Booey boy said:

Yeah but apparently NeilWatson knows best

10 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Yeah but apparently NeilWatson knows best

And we all knows what happens when him and his sidekick are involved in promotion!

• Haha 1

Havvy has Poole in his heart. He's often down Poole-way staying at Matt's or Middlo's. Can't wait for the fixtures now.

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Havvy has Poole in his heart. He's often down Poole-way staying at Matt's or Middlo's. Can't wait for the fixtures now.

or maybe its just a job and a wage packet,and he doesnt actually feel its a great calling in his life, actually being pooles " away" team manager this yr could be a bit of a short straw !

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

He will be fine Skidder i am not a fan of Poole's but Middlo and Havvy are two who do take stick on this forum but for me i like both.I only met Neil a couple of times to speak to in the eighties ( not at a meeting) and he was down to earth and a decent guy and Havvy  will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

He will be fine Skidder i am not a fan of Poole's but Middlo and Havvy are two who do take stick on this forum but for me i like both.I only met Neil a couple of times to speak to in the eighties ( not at a meeting) and he was down to earth and a decent guy and Havvy  will be fine.

Well said Sid. Im very sure that Neil and Havvy will talk, but we have experienced riders who all know the Niorthern tracks, so it wont be a problem. Havvy im sure will brush up on any rules that need looking at..

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

That's as maybe, but without the necessary skills to do the job he will fail.

I saw plenty of Havvy during his spell at Coventry & concluded he wasn't cut out for the job , I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only person to think that either.

• Like 2

it's a bit depressing teams like Peterborough now seem to have 2 main team sponsors recently announced yet we still await news on who (or if) our one will be. I think most teams have sorted their main sponsors.

Also on that subject, and please correct me if I m wrong, but I am sure i saw on the Poole website until recently that Medicare Systems Poole were one of the clubs major sponsors for some time. Looking at the site the last few days Medicare no longer have their logo running across the top like the others. Is this another decent sponsor we have lost similar to what happened with some others over the 2018/19 seasons.

My apologies IF I am wrong.

6 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

it's a bit depressing teams like Peterborough now seem to have 2 main team sponsors recently announced yet we still await news on who (or if) our one will be. I think most teams have sorted their main sponsors.

Also on that subject, and please correct me if I m wrong, but I am sure i saw on the Poole website until recently that Medicare Systems Poole were one of the clubs major sponsors for some time. Looking at the site the last few days Medicare no longer have their logo running across the top like the others. Is this another decent sponsor we have lost similar to what happened with some others over the 2018/19 seasons.

My apologies IF I am wrong.

They have certainly gone from the website. If they no longer sponsor that is another great company who have pulled support from the club.