British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

So we’re none the wiser then!  :)

Rew? Never heard of him.

A very good prospect not as good as Gilmore in my opinion also  he would be coming back from a broken leg a year to early maybe.??

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

A very good prospect not as good as Gilmore in my opinion also  he would be coming back from a broken leg a year to early maybe.??

Exactly my point. Has the talent. 

I don’t think much between Gilmore, List, Rew and Hook. 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

looking for the cheapest option I expect

think theyre looking for a young aussie who can "double-up",that is doubling up as a painter and decorator at the chateaux on non racedays!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

think theyre looking for a young aussie who can "double-up",that is doubling up as a painter and decorator at the chateaux on non racedays!

Nah, all the decorating should be finished by the time the season starts. ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Perhaps Kevin Smith and Stan Bear are coming out of retirement?:rofl:

bring back david biles never quite made is potential :t: 

• Like 1

Jedd List was signed on the recommendation that he could gate & that he looked comfortable on a bike. We knew he was raw & had only used a 500cc engine some 8 months prior.

Unfortunately, he was found out to be not the gater we expected & was regularly beaten into the 1st corner then unable to pass. He wasn't ready & this was explained to Jedd & his dad, who was over here with him, & they both took the news well. They hung around having practices at a few venues & even though people said he looked good, practice & racing are at 2 different levels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Of course it may need some thinking outside of the box.

Fitness & Fixture clashes could be a young rider who based in DK during the season who received a bad injury in POL in May and dind't ride rest of the year. I know one young Aussie who fits the bill on both of those scores. Young Keynan Rew - Believe only 17 and 2 x Aussie U21 125 cc Champ and 1 x Aussie 250  cc Champ _ Based in DK in 2019 - Signed again for Slangerup 2020 and for Leszno Nursery Club Stainer who also have Young Aussies Lidsey & Gilmore. They have 3 Aussies in total. Broke his femur in May 2019 hence why not seen since but has signed for both clubs for 2020.

I  reckon 2 from the flwg 3. Keleher/List/Rew.

But, has Keynan Rew ever finished in the top four of a State Title?        Indeed, has Matt Gilmore?     No visas, no use for this purpose.

He was, however, a very promising young rider before his accident, and we may well see him in the UK once he qualifies to ride here.

Which brings you back to the oft-recommended, visa-qualified, Zane Keleher.       Who is certainly good enough to ride at CL level.

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

But, has Keynan Rew ever finished in the top four of a State Title?        Indeed, has Matt Gilmore?     No visas, no use for this purpose.

He was, however, a very promising young rider before his accident, and we may well see him in the UK once he qualifies to ride here.

Which brings you back to the oft-recommended, visa-qualified, Zane Keleher.       Who is certainly good enough to ride at CL level.

Many people are saying that but what level of achievement would you define as “good enough”?

Keleher’s problem is his age. The “give him time” argument doesn’t apply to someone his age (27 on Saturday) - he needs to hit the ground running. 

Let’s face it, for all the whinging that comes out of Australia, there’s not really been a great outpouring of talent in recent years. Take Fricke and Lidsey out of the equation, and who else has shown potential to follow the Aussie greats of the past?l Ryan Douglas is another who hits 27 this year, so again, not up and coming. 

Maybe we’ve been spoilt in recent years with Sullivan, Boyce, Adams, Crump, C Holder, Ward and Doyle, but the wealth of talent of the past seems to have dried up. 

• Like 3

On 1/26/2020 at 12:34 PM, Skidder1 said:

So the final 2 to be announced on Wednesday - a bit later than planned - due to reassurances on fitness and possible fixture clashes?!;)

So, today’s the day.

Hope there’s not an Aussie for the sake of it.

Dont worry about it.

Go back to 1988. We had our team signed and sealed. Yet two unknown Aussies came over to try out for Poole. One was Mick Powell. Never signed for us but had an excellent career at Glasgow, etc. The other was Craig Boyce. Went on to become the clubs top points scorer in our history.

Just because we may not have heard of them as such, doesnt mean they are automatically going to be poor. You just never know.

Remain optimistic.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BobC said:

Dont worry about it.

Go back to 1988. We had our team signed and sealed. Yet two unknown Aussies came over to try out for Poole. One was Mick Powell. Never signed for us but had an excellent career at Glasgow, etc. The other was Craig Boyce. Went on to become the clubs top points scorer in our history.

Just because we may not have heard of them as such, doesnt mean they are automatically going to be poor. You just never know.

Remain optimistic.

But these are the days of video phones,instant internet etc, far less chance of someone going totally under the radar these days.

28 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

But these are the days of video phones,instant internet etc, far less chance of someone going totally under the radar these days.

I know List was not given a chance but are Macdonald, Kennedy, Keleher, Thomson a notch or two down from the likes of Kurtz/ Holder/ Masters when they first came over.? 

Edited by Sidney the robin

58 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I know List was not given a chance but are Macdonald, Kennedy, Keleher, Thomson a notch or two down from the likes of Kurtz/ Holder/ Masters when they first came over.? 

Maybe, but they Rew, Gilmore, Hook to come over most likely next year and those guys are standouts already.