British Speedway Forum

Happy with the final 2. Yes they are untried. 

Zane is very pro. Check out his social media, website. Crump has taught him.(I’ll take that). 

Cook, was actually better than his bro a year or 2 ago. But he did better than Jordan Stewart and only 2 points less than Sedge. Yes,  Aus champs but he has beaten some good riders.  

Happy overall, Also people wondering about josh mac he is investing in his equipment heavily this year. 

8 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Happy with the final 2. Yes they are untried. 

Zane is very pro. Check out his social media, website. Crump has taught him.(I’ll take that). 

Cook, was actually better than his bro a year or 2 ago. But he did better than Jordan Stewart and only 2 points less than Sedge. Yes,  Aus champs but he has beaten some good riders.  

Happy overall, Also people wondering about josh mac he is investing in his equipment heavily this year. 

If both lads are keen then the world is there oyster. Both come highly recomended. But i wouldnt expect them to hit the ground running, it will take them a while to adapt to league racing in this country., and our track.

• Like 1

Just now, Starman2006 said:

If both lads are keen then the world is there oyster. Both come highly recomended. But i wouldnt expect them to hit the ground running, it will take them a while to adapt to league racing in this country., and our track.

I would be getting them in middlo testimonial. At least for some laps and get them tuned in sooner rather later. 

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I would be getting them in middlo testimonial. At least for some laps and get them tuned in sooner rather later. 

Yeh, im sure they will get plenty of laps in one way or another.

Three uninspiring Aussies with no pedigree or obvious potential after four good GB signings.

Shame.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Wouldn`t  have thought it will take them long to get used to the track at Poole- from what i have seen of Aussie speedway tracks, most are as cr&p as Poole`s :)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Three uninspiring Aussies with no pedigree or obvious potential after four good GB signings.

Shame.

Just the two who have beaten Jordan Stewart this aussie season. 

Also, Jason Doyle had very little pedigree. Turned out ok. 

Charles Wright, Craig Cook very little pedigree at a young age and they turned out ok as well. 

Don't look all on pedigree. They have talent and hopefully be given time. 

Edited by poolebolton

5 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Don't mean a thing .if one of our big heat leaders are off in any of our meetings it could be a long season glad to be proven wrong though .just my opinion

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Don't mean a thing .if one of our big heat leaders are off in any of our meetings it could be a long season glad to be proven wrong though .just my opinion

You do have to remember that majority of the time a reserve just needs to beat his opposite number. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GWC said:

You can equally say the same about GB and Sweden although you would need to go back a while and Denmark not so far.

Poland seems to be moving into the top nation at long last.

I’m very positive about the future of GB. There’s some very talented riders coming through to follow Tai, something that’s not been the case for too long. 
Sweden have produced next to nobody worthwhile for too long, young Danish riders were plentiful but seem to hit a peak too early. The exception being Madsen, but he’s not one of the young ones.
Poland, of course, is a rider producing machine, but even they seem to get so far and no further. The country has been crying out for the heir to Thomas Gollob since he won his title in 2010. Hampel looked promising but then was blighted by injury, the Pawlicki brothers rose and fell, Przedpelski was another the same, as, by his 2019 performance, has Dudek. I don’t think Janowski will go much further, and it’s too early to say about the three under 21s. Drabik, Smektala and Kubera. The stand out, of course, is Zmarzlik, but, with Madsen on the prowl, will he be another with only one Championship?

The immediate future looks like it belongs to Poland, and so it should with its subsidies, but I reckon GB will be the next best. Our likely SON team of Tai, Robert Lambert and Dan Bewley looks pretty strong to me, especially round the NSS.

16 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Charles Wright, Craig Cook very little pedigree at a young age and they turned out ok as well. 

The same Jordan Stewart who was riding with an injury and then pulled out.

8 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

The same Jordan Stewart who was riding with an injury and then pulled out.

The same one who also lost in other meetings when he wasn’t injured. 

Looks like a long tail to me, can see changes to this team within a couple of months.

24 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I’m very positive about the future of GB. There’s some very talented riders coming through to follow Tai, something that’s not been the case for too long. 
Sweden have produced next to nobody worthwhile for too long, young Danish riders were plentiful but seem to hit a peak too early. The exception being Madsen, but he’s not one of the young ones.
Poland, of course, is a rider producing machine, but even they seem to get so far and no further. The country has been crying out for the heir to Thomas Gollob since he won his title in 2010. Hampel looked promising but then was blighted by injury, the Pawlicki brothers rose and fell, Przedpelski was another the same, as, by his 2019 performance, has Dudek. I don’t think Janowski will go much further, and it’s too early to say about the three under 21s. Drabik, Smektala and Kubera. The stand out, of course, is Zmarzlik, but, with Madsen on the prowl, will he be another with only one Championship?

The immediate future looks like it belongs to Poland, and so it should with its subsidies, but I reckon GB will be the next best. Our likely SON team of Tai, Robert Lambert and Dan Bewley looks pretty strong to me, especially round the NSS.

The future belongs to the Poles and Danes. 

Danes have plenty of talent. Fred Jakobsen, Birkenmouse(he just signed a 5 year deal with Gorzow), . Jesper Knudsen(15). Those 2 might be the dominant Force in speedway for 10 years. 

55 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Stewart’s a 6 point CL rider, MacDonald a 4 pointer and the other two have no experience of the CL.

Isn’t Keleher 27 and hardly one for the future?

And Ben Cook seems well behind Somerset’s Zach Cook.

Poor.