British Speedway Forum

On 2/8/2020 at 12:02 AM, scottyfan said:

And it’s only Poole that “cheat”....allegedly!!!:mad:

It's a matter of frequency and severity rather than exclusivity ;-)

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Bizarrely a similar thing happened in 2009 for Edinburgh but no rules were changed, no major arguments were made! Dilger had 12 matches to get a 3.00 ave, but Wolbert missed a match (illness) so stayed on a 7.00 ave rather than going to 9+!

Was that Burgergate? As I remember the insinuation there was that Wolbert’s food poisoning might have been made up, whereas in 2010 every EL team had an official number eight who could ride as often as the team manager wanted them to which contributed to Pawlicki riding so few meetings. It was a massive loophole and for a change Poole got shafted rather than doing the shafting which I’m sure the vast majority of those watching thoroughly enjoyed :) 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Bizarrely when a similar thing happened in 2009 for Edinburgh no rules were changed and no major arguments were made! Dilger had 12 matches to get a 3.00 ave, but Wolbert missed a match (illness) so stayed on a 7.00 ave rather than going to 9+!

Was that when an Edinburgh promoter was Chairman?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Was that Burgergate? As I remember the insinuation there was that Wolbert’s food poisoning might have been made up, whereas in 2010 every EL team had an official number eight who could ride as often as the team manager wanted them to which contributed to Pawlicki riding so few meetings. It was a massive loophole and for a change Poole got shafted rather than doing the shafting which I’m sure the vast majority of those watching thoroughly enjoyed :) 

I'm told that there was never a burger involved, surprise surprise :shock:,  and someone had advised Wolbert to turn around at the airport, when they realised the consequences with his average if he had rode. My version would be he never left his house. :P

5 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Was that when an Edinburgh promoter was Chairman?

And was that the same guy who a speedway supporter, working in his day job as a conductor on a train, caught out, not having a ticket for his journey from Rugby to Edinburgh? :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/9/2020 at 12:22 AM, RobMcCaffery said:

It's a matter of frequency and severity rather than exclusivity ;-)

Michael Green stated in 'The Art of Coarse Golf';-  "If you're cheating and still losing, then your opponent is cheating more than you".:approve:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, pugwash said:

Michael Green stated in 'The Art of Coarse Golf';-  "If you're cheating and still losing, then your opponent is cheating more than you".:approve:

As no doubt several hundred athletes and cyclists around the globe will agree... :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Great to see Chris Holder down to ride in middlos testimonial 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

As Poole have 3 riders on. 4 pt average

any inkling on which rider will be in the main body of the side 

All of them at some point hopefully?!;)

Not yet decided until the boys arrive in UK and have their initial chat with Middlo. Of course there is a bit of a risk but hey ho, its not how you start its how you finish!!

My own thoughts are that Josh Mac will start in the 1-5 with Zane and Ben at reserve. Although I believe Zane will prove to be the better prospect over time.

Both the latest signings had their visas come through yesterday so its full steam ahead with 2 new club assets.

Incidentally an excellent turn out at last nights REF quiz night again (17 teams taking part but there can be only one winner :DB):party::t:), with a telephone interview with Stevie Worrall and interview with Danny Ford who advised that 6 of the 7 team race suits have been sponsored - the last one expected to be done imminently.  Also news about a new main sponsor is hopefully expected in the next 2 weeks?!

The next REF event is a 'Middlo & Friends' chat show-style evening on Wednesday 18th March just prior to P&P day on 20th

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I reckon it will be something like this to start with (but what do I know)

1. King
2. Zane
3. Worrall
4. Nielsen
5. Ellis
6. Josh
7. Cook

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

I reckon it will be something like this to start with (but what do I know)

1. King
2. Zane
3. Worrall
4. Nielsen
5. Ellis
6. Josh
7. Cook

Id say that looks good need 1 reserve with track experience 

54 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Id say that looks good need 1 reserve with track experience 

we haven't got one though .im afraid hopefully one of the lads will step up straight away

Edited by ray c

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

we haven't got one though .im afraid hopefully one of the lads will step up straight away

Maybe not Poole track experience but Josh MacDonald has plenty of Championship track experience  

7 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Maybe not Poole track experience but Josh MacDonald has plenty of Championship track experience  

Yes maybe I just read it wrong