British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, daz9100 said:

I reckon it will be something like this to start with (but what do I know)

1. King
2. Zane
3. Worrall
4. Nielsen
5. Ellis
6. Josh
7. Cook

Nothing or everything ;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, daz9100 said:

I reckon it will be something like this to start with (but what do I know)

1. King
2. Zane
3. Worrall
4. Nielsen
5. Ellis
6. Josh
7. Cook

When it’s laid out like that, it looks a really weak team but I assume that the predictions of greatness for Poole in 2020 are dependent on some (most? all?) of the above list being replaced during the year. 

35 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

When it’s laid out like that, it looks a really weak team but I assume that the predictions of greatness for Poole in 2020 are dependent on some (most? all?) of the above list being replaced during the year. 

who with I think this league will be harder to replace than the premiership is just my opinion of course

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Why does having 3 x 2019 Championship number 1s make it look really weak?

Neilsen and MacDonald have Championship track knowledge and experience and Cook has at least seen a number of tracks when he was staying with Middlo for several weeks last summer. Keleher is that much older and has had offers from Poland but wants to do his 'apprenticeship' in UK first.  Play-offs first is always the initial target for Poole.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why does having 3 x 2019 Championship number 1s make it look really weak?

Neilsen and MacDonald have Championship track knowledge and experience and Cook has at least seen a number of tracks when he was staying with Middlo for several weeks last summer. Keleher is that much older and has had offers from Poland but wants to do his 'apprenticeship' in UK first.  Play-offs first is always the initial target for Poole.

I know you’re the great defender but.....the three number ones were only 7th, 17th and 20th in the top 20 riders by GSA in last year’s Championship. 
It would be easy to spin each individual rider, or to do them down, but I won’t do that. And I don’t think there will be any lack of effort from the team. But my opinion, and that’s all it is, is that Poole’s starting 1-7 is too top heavy and will therefore be vulnerable to better balanced teams.

Edited by Wee Eck
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Wee Eck said:

I know you’re the great defender but.....the three number ones were only 7th, 17th and 20th in the top 20 riders by GSA in last year’s Championship. 
It would be easy to spin each individual rider, or to do them down, but I won’t do that. And I don’t think there will be any lack of effort from the team. By my opinion, and that’s all it is, is that Poole’s starting 1-7 is too top heavy and will therefore be vulnerable to better balanced teams.

each one of our top three can come in at  any time with a low score there stats says so I can see where you are coming from 

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

each one of our top three can come in at  any time with a low score there stats says so I can see where you are coming from 

As I said, I’m not doing anyone down but your point is valid. I suspect that lack of involvement with and, truthfully, interest in the lower league and its riders, has caught the Poole management out. Without changes, the Pirates will be nowhere near the play-offs. But, if league structures stay the same, I’d expect them to come storming back in 2021. Meanwhile, the Poole faithful are in for some exciting racing as the fearless young riders, coming through from the British Youth Championship strive to prove they’ve got what it takes, and the old heads show those young whippersnappers that experience isn’t easily overcome. 

I dont think are team is that weak we have 3 no1 riders plus nielsen on a false average imo,hes been capable of 7 average a couple of seasons ago so if he gets to a 6 id be happy then you just need1 of the lower end riders to find his feet then your ok,think poole will be around play offs,think leicester will be the target this year though. 

When Nielsen reached a 7 average, he was riding at no2 when off the inside gates in heat 1, he generally came 1st or 2nd. Add to that heat 8 where he, also, came 1st or 2nd a lot. He was, also, riding with a guest at no1 who, mostly, were poor. 

19 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

It would be easy to spin each individual rider, or to do them down, but I won’t do that. And I don’t think there will be any lack of effort from the team. But my opinion, and that’s all it is, is that Poole’s starting 1-7 is too top heavy and will therefore be vulnerable to better balanced teams.

Oh yes I'm the great defender....ooooh ooooh (Apologies to Queen!).  I think many Poole fans and the Poole management know that we're taking a risk - Danny Ford certainly said so at the fans quiznight on Wednesday - but Poole do have a reasonably good record of introducing young Aussies who go on to do well - not least because they travel half way around the world to be here and imo have a far greater incentive to achieve good scores than some of the British Youth (and I'm not denegrating any of the latter).,

Knowing the Poole Management reasonably well I would put money on them already having sounded out potential replacements if they are required mid-season - obviously dependent on averages as everyone is.

Edited by Skidder1

nailed on inevitable that Poole will make 2-3 changes at some point just before mid season.

they always do! 

sign assets and then dump them when it suits and bring them back once someone else has honed their skills and paid a loan fee. 

why else did they want to cheat their way out of the First Round of the KOC which would have been before 1st averages were due and would probably have lost to Edinburgh, on paper and on the track.

shame Newcastle didn't tell them to do one.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

nailed on inevitable that Poole will make 2-3 changes at some point just before mid season.

they always do! 

sign assets and then dump them when it suits and bring them back once someone else has honed their skills and paid a loan fee. 

why else did they want to cheat their way out of the First Round of the KOC which would have been before 1st averages were due and would probably have lost to Edinburgh, on paper and on the track.

shame Newcastle didn't tell them to do one.

That’s a good load of accusations from someone who supports a team who a few years back had a promoter who was barred by his stadium landlords from attending home matches. 
So, one by one, name the 2-3 changes made “at some point before mid-season” over, say, the last three seasons. 
Name the assets signed and then “dumped” only to be brought back when someone else had “honed their skills”. You can go back as many years as you want for that one. 
How did the “cheat” their way out of the KO Cup and what relevance is Newcastle. There are 12 teams in the league and they would all have to agree to any changes. Why would the other 11 help Poole?

22 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I said his and got accused as usual of Poole bashing

King and Worrall arent going to get any better but Ellis is and i would expect Adam to have the highest average

The bottom end is hugely risky but could pay off

At the moment Poole look like a mid table side at best..............but the gambles may pay off and we know they will make changes if not