British Speedway Forum

I would have Steve in any team I know he had a bad year last season,  may have been the club he was riding for? But he is a top rider in the championship 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

I would have Steve in any team I know he had a bad year last season,  may have been the club he was riding for? But he is a top rider in the championship 

IMO yes, I think Worrall will do more than a good job for Poole this season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He broke his leg in 2012 which set him back a bit ,to say he was going nowhere is a it harsh.He is a decent heat leader in any Team.If I remember Berwick had a chance of getting him after his 1st broken leg on a3 pt av, but never took it.

Until Glasgow came in with a better offer Berwick also looked at signing his brother.

• Like 1

Ive seen both brothers regularly since they started at Newcastle. Ive always thought that Steve would be the better of the two

Richie did a good job until his injury last season. I am confident that Steve will have an even better season this time round.

No worries about Steve for me.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, screm said:

Until Glasgow came in with a better offer Berwick also looked at signing his brother.

Nothing new in that.

6 hours ago, BobC said:

Ive seen both brothers regularly since they started at Newcastle. Ive always thought that Steve would be the better of the two

Richie did a good job until his injury last season. I am confident that Steve will have an even better season this time round.

No worries about Steve for me.

Nor me.

Like I've said starman I'd have both in any team of mine they both good enough in this league 

22 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

He was banned because of very late payment of rent to the stadium owners while he was the Birmingham promoter.

The following season he was the Cradley promoter but was not allowed to enter Perry Barr when Cradley visited or on any other occasion .

And I gather that Tony Mole had to pay off his debts, and was not best pleased about that ... and the promoter in question did not seem at all bothered about all of this when posting on facebook!

It will be strange not seeing Poole in a league meeting now they are in the second tier.

I have no doubt they will be there or thereabouts at the tail end of the season

Steve Worrall has had the metal pin taken out of his leg where he was seriously injured... last season he had intermittent trouble with the metal pin... now that it is removed he feels that the leg is much stronger and not causing problems.

Great asset for Poole and an absolute gentleman to deal with

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

It will be strange not seein Pooole in a league meeting now they are in the second tier.

I have no doubt they will be there or thereabouts at the tail end of the season

Steve Worrall ha s had the metal pin taken out of his leg where he was seriously injured... last season he had intermittent trouble with the metal pin... now that it is removed he feels that the leg is much stronger and not causing problems.

Great asset for Poole and an absolute gentleman to deal with

I certainly agree with that. Last season, he rode in the NICE 2v Challenge on the IOW. Was happy to chat almost anytime, apart from when fitting the engine.

After winning the meeting, he stood and chatted for a good 15 minutes about the differences of how the engines compared.

He was smiling all day too. I like him a lot.

• Like 4

What a shame we've dropped down a division this season.  We're going to miss out on seeing the Dirty Dane and Crumpy ride at Wimborne Road.  Both past there best but well worth watching all the same.  Matt and Danny F must be at least a little gutted.  Just saying :D 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

What a shame we've dropped down a division this season.  We're going to miss out on seeing the Dirty Dane and Crumpy ride at Wimborne Road.  Both past there best but well worth watching all the same.  Matt and Danny F must be at least a little gutted.  Just saying :D 

quite agree both riders would put bums on seats very disappointing anyway maybe Jason will do neils meeting at the start of the season

• Like 1

At least the club will get some nice loan fees from Ipswich for Crump 

30 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

At least the club will get some nice loan fees from Ipswich for Crump 

when did Jason last ride for poole to still be an asset .?

Surprised Jason Crimp chose to join Ipswich, surely Paul would of been a more likely retirement home with the other non English riders they have.