British Speedway Forum

19 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Great. Would be good if they could do a few laps each :t:

Sadly i dont think Havvy will be doing any laps.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/13/2020 at 9:33 AM, poole keith said:

could happen in any race richard(hopefully not)would give the new riders a chance to to experience track conditions at different  stages of the meeting?

Very true but more likely with inexperienced riders. 

Great to see more sponsor logos being added to the club website despite everything else going on!!

• Like 3

Who are Topclass Business and Manufacturing Consultancy ?

I just could not find anything on them ...Not being critical 

19 hours ago, Apollo said:

Who are Topclass Business and Manufacturing Consultancy ?

I just could not find anything on them ...Not being critical 

Top Class were race sponsors last season!!

Looks as though Matt & Helen's French Chateau adventure may not be featured in the current series of  'Escape to the Chateau' starting on Channel 4 today, as filming is not yet complete and the TV crew have been summoned back to UK due to the current coronavirus situation.

Doubtless Matt will give an update in the first of Poole's weekly video Q&A's on the club website and social media platforms.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

From the PirateCast facebook page.

‪Ok so all being well #PirateCastCV19LockdownChroniclesLive will debut tonight LIVE on my twitter page (https://twitter.com/PirateCast)at 6:30pm‬. You do not need to sign up for an account to watch/listen.

‪Who else would I be talking tonight but Neil Middleditch on the day of his planned testimonial. I was planning audio only (unless you want me on video!!) get your questions in oh and spread the word please!

:Poole to offer free admission to any NHS worker for the 2020 season if/when the season starts!!:t:

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

:Poole to offer free admission to any NHS worker for the 2020 season if/when the season starts!!:t:

I'm aware of a few Clubs who were already offering Concessions to NHS and key workers and Military / Emergency Front line so well done Poole on going a bit further.

Hope that when the season does start (and lets all be hopeful and positive that it will start at some point) that all Clubs will follow this with similar schemes.

• Like 1

Poole website and SpeedwayGB have the interview with Matt Ford from last evening. Its a good 30 minutes or so.

• Like 1

Having just watched the interview with Matt Ford well it puts to bed the rumours that nearly all the fans wanted to stop in the higher league.  Well the truths out that 70% plus wanted to drop down. 

16 minutes ago, Crabba59 said:

Having just watched the interview with Matt Ford well it puts to bed the rumours that nearly all the fans wanted to stop in the higher league.  Well the truths out that 70% plus wanted to drop down. 

Truth !!!! not sure it`s as simplistic as that- wonder how the question ( or questions) was phrased ?   

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

The video also stated that crowds were much bigger when Pirates were last in the '2nd division' back in the early 90's. They dropped considerably when Poole went British League!!   

And that is definitely true cos I was there.;)

In the modern era the Holder/Ward/Janowski teams brought the crowds back.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Truth !!!! not sure it`s as simplistic as that- wonder how the question ( or questions) was phrased ?   

Would YOU buy a used speedway from Ford? ;-)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1