British Speedway Forum

Are these Poole’s “Greatest hits” in black and white and filmed by Pathe News?  :)

51 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I guess you won't want to watch next Wednesday 29th April then? Its the 2008 play-off final 2nd leg Poole v Lakeside.

Still I hear that Corrie is good?!:party: Enjoy...

Shame both legs can’t be shown. Though I remember what John Cook did to the Lakeside track that night. Paid off against Swindon in the semis but Middlo was wise to that trick and the riders were ready for it.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Next week, Charlie Chaplin stars as Poole’s last title winning captain.  :)

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Didn’t know Josh Grajczonek was THAT old.....10 Top League titles....Come back when Swindle have 11!!:rofl:

• Like 2

On 4/24/2020 at 12:34 PM, DC2 said:

Might be a more recent fixture against Lakeside, 2nd September 2013, Poole 62 Lakeside 28 although I'm not expecting to see the Rye House match from 2017 anytime soon. You know the one:

Poole 30 Rye House 60!

Edited by tocha
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/27/2020 at 8:52 AM, tocha said:

Might be a more recent fixture against Lakeside, 2nd September 2013, Poole 62 Lakeside 28 although I'm not expecting to see the Rye House match from 2017 anytime soon. You know the one:

Poole 30 Rye House 60!

Not allowed to show 'x-rated' videos!!!:rofl:

There will also be post-meeting interviews with Bjarne Pedersen and Matt Ford on Wednesday..

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Next Wednesday's (6th May) video re-wind is the 2011 Grand Final 2nd leg Poole v Eastbourne.

Incidentally very interesting 'post-meeting' discussion last night with Matt Ford and Bjarne Pedersen. Not only some good memories but some surprising (to some) positive views about Speedway returning in July/August with re-vamped social distancing measures currently being discussed by BSPL and Sports Minister?! 

Matt also commenting on extending the season and mentioning that some promoters (and riders) have been asking about the possibilities of a Winter League?!

Edited by Skidder1

a winter league ehh ! at least there will not be a summer break, more of a rain/freeze  break !.

that will really attract the punters , not . look forward to 2021 . thats if speedway has not died a death .:shock:

Winter league !!! May work down south, but in 2018  ( the h18tory year ) Workington comets last match was iced off, that was at the end of October !!

12 hours ago, SpeedwayPortal said:

...followed by after meeting 'zoom' interviews with Darcy Ward, Chris Holder and Davey Watt.

I recall this. So many Poole fans made the trip up, possibly outnumbering the locals. Some good racing as well if I remember.

One to watch.

• Like 1