British Speedway Forum

On 6/17/2020 at 11:34 AM, Skidder1 said:

The club stated in last Wednesday's rewind and on the website that they would be taking a break for a couple of weeks but would be back with some more rewinds soon.  Probably avoiding the return of TV footie.!!!!?

Rewind meetings resume on Weds 24th June with a 2015 Poole v Swindon meeting. Darcy's final racing appearance(for Swindon) at Wimborne Road!!

• Like 1

Very smart new blue/black team kevlars on show today at the practice in Leicester.  Can't see them clashing with any other SGBC Club thank goodness.

All individually sponsored by fans and/or local companies, with their names on the back!  Very smart but I guess will need some dusting down after the session today.;)

Edited by Skidder1

I'm considering taking my in laws to Poole for their 50th wedding anniversary over the August bank holiday weekend. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel & restaurant please ?

Edited by proud panther

been to several functions and receptions and known quite a few that have stayed there "the cumberland hotel on the eastcliff" is very good,easy to take dinner at the hotel but no shortage of restaurants in the area

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

I'm considering taking my in laws to Poole for their 50th wedding anniversary over the August bank holiday weekend. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel & restaurant please ?

I've not stayed there for some years but the Sandbanks hotel was always nice and in a fabulous location 

Sandbanks Hotel is very good as are its sister hotels the Haven Hotel (also in Sandbanks) and the Harbour Heights in Canford Cliffs.

The Sandbanks has a very good on-site Chinese Restaurant - assuming nothing has changed due to the Covid???

The club recommends the Hotel Du Vin in Thames Street, Poole. Food and accommodation top notch (but top prices too - particularly August Bank Holiday weekend I imagine.)

The wife likes the look of the Thistle hotel, has anyone stopped there. We also need a nice steakhouse if we go, any suggestions ?

10 hours ago, proud panther said:

The wife likes the look of the Thistle hotel, has anyone stopped there. We also need a nice steakhouse if we go, any suggestions ?

The Crown Hotel just off a The Quay for dinner, but would need to book- my favourite, excellent food, great service & reasonable prices

15 hours ago, proud panther said:

Is the Thistle still open? There was talk some while ago about a complete demolition and re-built hotel/apartments etc?! Also several decent restaurants on and around the quay area.

Ranchos Steak House is good on the quay.

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Is the Thistle still open? There was talk some while ago about a complete demolition and re-built hotel/apartments etc?! Also several decent restaurants on and around the quay area.

Ranchos Steak House is good on the quay.

They are advertising on Booking.Com, but saying temporally closed. Thought that was Covid 19, but would appreciate anyone being able to confirm this please.