British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Is this a Poole speedway site or Trip Adviser?;):drink:

Now you've broken the ice on this topic......

Can I recommend the trip includes :-

1) A visit to see where the Baden-Powell statue used to be. 

2) A cruise round Poole Harbour which my Dad says was where the Japs bombed the harbour and led to the Yanks joining in on WWII. ;):drink:

Edited by Lefty
Spelling. Dibb
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

Now you've broken the ice on this topic......

Can I recommend the trip includes :-

1) A visit to see where the Baden-Power statue used to be. 

2) A cruise round Poole Harbour which my Dad says was where the Japs bombed the harbour and led to the Yanks joining in on WWII. ;):drink:

1. It’s still there.

2. Maybe they could bomb it again to make some improvements :rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Re-wind 2003 KO Cup final v Coventry Bees - home and away legs on the next 2 Wednesdays July 1st and 8th.

A classic in horrible Brandon conditions if I remember correctly.  A real thriller.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A classic in horrible Brandon conditions if I remember correctly.  A real thriller.

Correct Steve, conditions were awful, and how we came back and won that i will never know. Coventry literally threw it away.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Correct Steve, conditions were awful, and how we came back and won that i will never know. Coventry literally threw it away.

Spoiler for those who didn't know the result! :mad:

Antonio Lindback's damaged ankle.... My Foot! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting interviews with young Mr Ford on Speedway GB website over the weekend.

He didn't seem over-confident that the Stadium would be available for Racing even if Government Crowd Restrictions are eased to a level at which clubs like Poole could viably open.

Read a while back about the Dogs not running and Greyhounds transferred to Tracks that are running.

Does that mean Pirates may join Glasgow in not running and waiting for 2021?

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Interesting interviews with young Mr Ford on Speedway GB website over the weekend.

He didn't seem over-confident that the Stadium would be available for Racing even if Government Crowd Restrictions are eased to a level at which clubs like Poole could viably open.

Read a while back about the Dogs not running and Greyhounds transferred to Tracks that are running.

Does that mean Pirates may join Glasgow in not running and waiting for 2021?

The return of greyhounds to Poole Stadium - as with Speedway - is based upon the same 'go-ahead' from Government, so that the furloughed stadium staff can return to work.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I’ve written off this season. Sticking to watching Polish league for my fix.  Try again next year. 

• Like 3

cant see greyhounds back at poole until October at the earliest only my opinion it in not as easy to bring greyhounds back 

Edited by ray c

31 minutes ago, ray c said:

cant see greyhounds back at poole until October at the earliest only my opinion it in not as easy to bring greyhounds back that easy 

Do you think greyhound are lying in bed all day? :unsure:

Some of  the poole dogs are at hove, some are at Swindon and the odd few central park, a few old uns prob retired too.

By the way, how good do the Poole racesuits look? Top job whoever designed them.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yeah can remember it, got drenched, how we came back from 16pts down on the night in those conditions still dumfoundes me to this day 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

By the way, how good do the Poole racesuits look? Top job whoever designed them.

Danny Ford.